my tricky plant - when to harvest?

herbatonist

I am on day 61 of my plant's life in flowering :) About a week ago, I noticed that the trichomes were starting to turn amber on a lot of the water leafs up and down the plant. Pistils are still mostly white. I'd say about 75% white, 25% orange.

I heard that trichomes were supposed to turn amber before the pistils do orange on sativa's. Now, this seemed kinda off to me, but I wanted to double check. Also, should I just pick my plant now since the trichomes are starting to turn amber? Or wait it out till the pistils are orange?

The longer you wait the more "stoney" the high will be. This sounds like a very long flowering Sativa and letting it go for a few more weeks is not going to hurt it. I would check out Moose's White Widow journal. He let them go way past 70 days I believe. If the plant still shows vigor and signs of new growth theres no reason to stop it.

If the plant still shows vigor and signs of new growth theres no reason to stop it.

Like RooR said....I still have plants the I planted in May outdoors..harvested most of the donkey dicks, and then brought them indoors under a MH..and all those lil ones that were tiny have gotten about 4 inches tall but about a half dollar size around...i mean FAT and Dense...and the hairs have all just about curled back up and the trichs are still really cloudy, but they keep growin fatter:adore:

well, i gave my plant another 2 days of light than what I had planned. No more growth, and they haven't fattened up noticeably. Trich's starting to form more and more, but they stopped as well. So, I cut the plant lol.

Back
Top Bottom