My ultimate grow room

Well, I still don't have the latest photos yet. I will try to post some tomorrow. We now have 4 lights up for the moment until our transplants are complete. The first run is going to be only 3 lights when it is up. Next grow I will be growing SCROG and will use all the lights. The number of plants will be in our legal range, but the veg will be a little longer to maximize the yield of each plant. I can't wait. For now we will have a good solid supply of medicine.

so you used tyvek on the inside of the grow room? i was thinking of lining the inside of my entire (garage) attic space with it to help keep out the heat. what kind of a/c did you get and how does it vent and if you dont mine me asking how much did it cost?

We have an Everstar 10k BTU unit (freestanding), it vents thru a 5" flex tube which I exit thru a dryer-type vent. I will post pics... As I promsed earlier with the ballasts...

Beautiful and well constructed room bud! It's great that you are growing medicine for patients. I live in WA state and the laws are real vague about alot of things concerning obtaining/growing medicine. It has been a hell of a struggle for me to find a good source of meds, so I am just starting on the path of providing my own. I hope to do the same as you some day (helping people and spreading knowledge of this beautiful plant is what it's all about).

Keep up the great work, and keep us posted!

Thank you. As I promised some overdue photos of the ballast placement in the attic...

DSC00711r.JPG

DSC00710r.JPG

Here is a couple shots of the air conditioner and it's exhaust hose...

DSC00708r.JPG

DSC00709r.JPG

Looking forward to seeing you put this marvelous space to use! Do you use seeds, or do you have some sort of supply for clones? And two quick questions, are you under supervision for that DUI, and are you a caregiver , MMJ patient, or both? Keep it growin man!:slide:

I have only used seeds on a couple occasions. I do use an EZ-Clone machine and have for many years now. I think my favorite strain to grow so far is Bubba Kush. Amazing smoke and easy-to-maintain, sturdy plants.

I am not under court supervision for my DUII, however when I got my card 9 years ago I was on supervision for another matter. My PO at the time as well as the judge on the case supported my pursuit of a MMJ card. I have 3 different types of cards (as does my wife). We both are patients, caregivers, and growers. Each grower here can have a max. of 4 patients here (including oneself.

Thank you. As I promised some overdue photos of the ballast placement in the attic...

DSC00711r.JPG

DSC00710r.JPG

no disrespect, but I don't think I would be comfortable with my ballasts in this location. I have seen them go johnny flame. Just my observation....

no disrespect, but I don't think I would be comfortable with my ballasts in this location. I have seen them go johnny flame. Just my observation....

I have two observations. First, would be heat in the summertime. I do heating and air conditioning for a living and am in a variety of attics during the summer months. In Oklahoma, I can boil an egg in the attic in the summer, and that is no joke. I've done it. Something to think about. Second, if heat won't be a concern having the conventional ballasts in the attic, I would probably place them on a non-combustible surface. An idea would be a sheet of fireboard available at your local hardware store.On the rest of the project, I am very impressed at the professionalism. Attention to detail now prevents unforeseen circumstances in the future much less likely. Keep up the good work. Peabody will be following your project!:welldone::peacetwo:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

You are an inspiration Kickstart. I'm glad there are people like you in this world. I just want to thank you for all of your hard work, and the fact that you are helping people. I'm subscribed and will be following along as I would love to incorporate into my life the ability to help others obtain this wonderful medicine. It looks like your grow is going to give you back as much,or more, love as you put in.

Thank you for the info... see below...

I have two observations. First, would be heat in the summertime. I do heating and air conditioning for a living and am in a variety of attics during the summer months. In Oklahoma, I can boil an egg in the attic in the summer, and that is no joke. I've done it. Something to think about. Second, if heat won't be a concern having the conventional ballasts in the attic, I would probably place them on a non-combustible surface. An idea would be a sheet of fireboard available at your local hardware store.On the rest of the project, I am very impressed at the professionalism. Attention to detail now prevents unforeseen circumstances in the future much less likely. Keep up the good work. Peabody will be following your project!:welldone::peacetwo:

My wife works in HVAC (in management) and has expressed the same concern; I believe I will be putting in fireboard (as well as finishing the ceiling insulation) very soon. I just wanted to get the room running. I will put in insulation when the last crop (from a different location) is finished drying in the attic. As far as heat goes this room is a building inside of another building (as you could have guessed) The head space in that "attic" is almost high enough to stand in in the center of the 30'x40' pole barn it is built inside of; it is also completely open to the other side of the shop. There is also 2 rotating roof vents (12" dia.) on that side of the shop. I am also considering adding an intake and exhaust fan at either side of the main building.

Again, thank you for the input; you have verified my thoughts and I will be modifying/adding as we go.

Kick looks like a great setup. Where I live those ballasts may last an hour in the attic in July and August before they melted.

Thank you for the advice, please see above...

Thank you all for all the great input. Without each other's help we would all be battling this alone... Good job guys and gals!!

Heck yeah, those girls are gettin busy.

Thanks Freak. We finally got 'er up and running. Just a few details to go... Gotta finish that ceiling insulation and get some fireboard up under the ballasts. I suppose we got a few weeks left until we have to start the other room.

A current update includes bringing in a dehumidifier tonight; I just switched my lighting over to bloom last night and I want to keep the humidity down to 50% right now. That figure will go down lower as we progress.

The A/C unit I had in there was a 10,000 BTU unit which appears to have lost some of it's coolant charge so I replaced that unit with a 12,000 BTU L.G. unit. It seems to be doing the trick, but with all 6 lights running it gets a little too warm for my taste during an 18 hr. cycle. It seems to be OK on a 12 hr. run though. Either way it doesn't matter at the moment since all 6 are not currently in use.

Back
Top Bottom