My ultimate grow room

LOL! My wife and I have joked throughout the construction that if we build a different/separate grow room in the future, we could always turn this one into an apartment, etc. Thank you for the kind words.

Does anyone know (or have a link to point me to) what these "420 points" are for? How are they used, etc.? I never realized when they started using them...

LOL! My wife and I have joked throughout the construction that if we build a different/separate grow room in the future, we could always turn this one into an apartment, etc. Thank you for the kind words.

Does anyone know (or have a link to point me to) what these "420 points" are for? How are they used, etc.? I never realized when they started using them...

just saw myself yesterday i think its like you get them for posting but you need them to start treads but i don't know about the treads for sure

I started a thread a while ago on the points.. 420 Points

but still no answers.. I guess the admin is vacation, and we will get info shortly on them :)

GREAT ROOM!!!!! WOW, FANTASTIC!!!!! :bravo: very very nice....
+1000 reps (but I can only give you one..)

oh, and thanks for that hermicin, I have been looking for something to help stop the yellow bananas in late flower.. (I got one girl I meticulously trim to keep them at bay til I can cut her down)

I am starting an indoor grow room I have the vents fans and ligts but I also have a few questions lol.
first off I know the co2 and carbon scrubber only help but are the absolutely necessary?...
and also as far as veg/flower goes do I need differant bulbs or will the same t5 bulbs work for both with differant lighting schedules??? Please anything is appreciated!!!???

I am starting an indoor grow room I have the vents fans and ligts but I also have a few questions lol.
first off I know the co2 and carbon scrubber only help but are the absolutely necessary?...
and also as far as veg/flower goes do I need differant bulbs or will the same t5 bulbs work for both with differant lighting schedules??? Please anything is appreciated!!!???

CO2 and Carbon Scrubbers are not necessary, but can be useful if you have the time/money to invest into either.

CO2 will help with overall growth of your plants and increase yield up to 25% I have heard.

Carbon Scrubbers are only necessary if you need to keep your grow secret and don't want your skunky goodness wafting into the neighbors yard. If you don't mind the scent, I love it, then you don't need one. It is usually easier to set up a grow room without a carbon scrubber since they usually impede air flow.

And as for different bulbs for vegging and flowering, you can use a single type of bulb for both, but it really helps to switch out bulbs or use a combination if possible. Here is a tidbit from Linkorien's guide: Cheap Efficient Starting Guide

"Just as humans need a balanced diet, plants need balanced, full-spectrum light for good health and optimum growth. The quality of light is as important as quantity. Plants are sensitive to a similar portion of the spectrum as is the human eye. This portion of the light spectrum is referred to as photosynthetically active radiation or PAR, namely about 400 to 700 nanometers in wavelength. Plants respond more effectively to red light and to blue light, the peak being in the red region at around 630 nanometers.

In the same way fat provides the most efficient calories for humans, red light provides the most efficient food for plants. However, a plant illuminated only with red or orange light will fail to develop sufficient bulk Leafy growth (vegetative growth) bulk require blue light. Many other complex processes are triggered by light required from different regions of the spectrum.
think of it like this, blue makes you grow red makes you fat,
if your vegging, blue is very important your growing leaves and height, red isn't so important but still needed.
so when you go in to flowering and you get that last good sprint of growth blue is still important at that point as well as red cause your flowering, but after that point red will pack on the fat for your buds, BUT new leaves or green growth still need that blue light."

So for t5 bulbs, you could use the daylight color around the 6500k spectrum for vegetative growth and then the soft white 2700k spectrum bulbs for flowering. I don't use t5, I use regular CFLs so the spectrums may be a little different but you want that same range. If you are able to get HID lights it would be Metal Halide (MH) bulbs for vegging and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) bulbs for flowering.

thanks alot!! Pretty helpful advice! Thanks..
so in your opinion what is overall better the h.i.ds or the t5, I also saw t8 and t12 are these better?
I have outdoor plants that hav ben vegin for like 3 months and there big enough for me I dnt wana wait til it gets cold I wanto flower them now

Very nice post DJ!! +reps

Goblin,, for the T5, (well all flouro's) 6500K (daylight) is the color temp associated with veg lights,, 2700k (softwhite) is color temp for flower... for a full spectrum use a couple of each, and load up the side that corresponds with your current cycle..

ie.. veg,, 3x6500k 1x2700k bulb,,, flower, reverse them, 3-2700k 1-6500k bulb..

Currently I am running a mixture of 1000W Halides and sodium lamps both. Eventually I will replace the halides with sodiums as well. My plants do not veg. a long time so I have found the only real white light I need is in the mother/clone room.

So you don't plan on running any sort of mix spectrum then? Don't MH help with trich production? I would hate to see all those beautiful crystals not as beautiful. Or is G-13 pretty constant on that? Either way I'm sure you will have amazing plants.

Back
Top Bottom