My Vaporizer is burning my weed!

beensmokin420

I just got it a few hours ago and so I let it heat up to around 190 degrees Ferenheit loaded it up with some schwag and took a few draws... it seems like all its doing is burning my bud! heres a few pics to explain. Oh yea, by the way, the bud sucks, it was brown when i got it, i got it free so i couldnt turn it down.

vaporizer004.png

vaporizer002.png

Please help, what does the vapor look like? Smoke? Watery? HELP I WANNA VAPE!

When I use my little lightbulb vape, I can tell the difference between then I vape and when I burn for one main reason.

When I only vape it, after I inhale it all, there will be nothing left in the chamber. However, when I begin to burn it, it will continue to put off smoke after you have taken the original hit. Plus, I can taste the difference.

First of all, you need some green buds, Second after a couple of hits the bud turns brown, And the smoke is almost invisible, Its just thc and maybe a little bit of something else burning. Vaps are supposed to "burn" your bud.

You temp gauge is in celcius. Which could be your main problem.

According to the wavering credibility of wikipedia, vaporizing herb is the most efficient at 365 degrees farenheight and "jakemeup" is on the money...good call.

First of all, you need some green buds, Second after a couple of hits the bud turns brown, And the smoke is almost invisible, Its just thc and maybe a little bit of something else burning. Vaps are supposed to NOT "burn" your bud.

Yeah, when you look through the tubing the vapor should be nearly invisible. For the first 3-5 hits you should see a light mist on the exhale. The exhaled vapor dissipates faster than smoke does. It also helps to grind the buds into very small pieces and stir them around after every hit to get a more even draw. At the end of a sesh the buds should look dried out, not burnt. You say all it's doing is burning your bud. If everything is working correctly there should be no burning at all. Are the buds falling onto the heating element? I never understood why vapor bros. models have the heating element pointing up. What I do is prop the back end up on some books so the heating element is near horizontal. This also helps makes removing the whip easier and prevents anything from spilling out if you forget to keep inhaling. The last thing is to work on the correct inhaling speed. The faster you breathe in, the cooler the vapor will be. The slower you go, the hotter it will get. I generally start faster (like using a straw) and then slow down some towards the end of the draw when the heating element is cooler. There should also be a soft whistling sound. Don't give up yet! You will quickly get the hang of it.

Its all in your breathing, especially with that type of vape. They can be awesome if you get your technique down right, but its not something I can explain easily.

Its all in your breathing, especially with that type of vape. They can be awesome if you get your technique down right, but its not something I can explain easily.

Yea your not lying, me and my girl smoked a gram outta it last night and it was nice, she was actin hilarious. I see what your saying about getting the draw down, its a cheap model but im figuring it out plus I usually wake up every mornin and hack up a good bit of mucus but not this morning, cause of the vapin.

i got the temp wrong... I put it on 146C because I believe the temp gauge is off, by a lot, if i put it on 185C it burns it but at 146 it doesnt, I can see a lite vapor.

Does anyone ever cough their ass off after gettin a lung full of vape?

Yea your not lying, me and my girl smoked a gram outta it last night and it was nice, she was actin hilarious. I see what your saying about getting the draw down, its a cheap model but im figuring it out plus I usually wake up every mornin and hack up a good bit of mucus but not this morning, cause of the vapin.

i got the temp wrong... I put it on 146C because I believe the temp gauge is off, by a lot, if i put it on 185C it burns it but at 146 it doesnt, I can see a lite vapor.

Does anyone ever cough their ass off after gettin a lung full of vape?

No, but there is minor irritation.

If you're coughing you're on the verge of burning.. back off.

If you're coughing you're on the verge of burning.. back off.
I cough now, even using the Volcano @ various temps if I try to take too big a breath...the vapor should feel cool, or your are running too hot. The whip type vaporizers are a good starting place for those considering vaporizing...took me over a year to finally settle on a bag system that gives consistent perfomance.

Right you are MR Z.. after you have vaped the Volcano once or twice on the same crucible fill it gets wicked bad on the throat.. I just empty after 2 vapes on Volcano and save the vaped herb for my olive oil.

But also remember, it's not smoking, one should never draw too hard or too quickly from the bag. If it hurts, don't do it.. save it.:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

The vape stays medicinal for about 20 minutes in the Volcano bag so, if needed.. take a break.

Best way I've found is take two deep breaths, emptying lungs completely before starting vape. I've been told this gets the right combination of gases in your lungs for the best vape. Fill up bottom of lungs first, your belly button goes out as you draw. Another hint.. your lungs have more capacity when standing up. Hold it a while but do not force things.. vaping is a gentler, kinder way to medicate.

Back
Top Bottom