My Very 1st Indoor Grow - Bag Seeds In MG Soil

Re: My very 1st indoor grow, bag seeds, in MG soil

If any help I can give I will gladly give it. It's tough when you first start out you have those new grower jitters and you worry about everything so its nice to have people to reassure you that you are doing fine. If it weren't for people that follow my grow and input when they can, I dont think i would be where I am today without the help.

I am very greatful for this site and the people on it. I have seen other forums but the members can be very childish about some stuff. I am adult with adult questions. I really dont have time for the way they talk to eachother on other sites. To me this a not only a serious hobby but costly as well.
There is actually a sentimental reason why I chose to do this, and when I asked questions before I was chastised for it. So again I dont only thank you TOG I thank everyone checking in with my grow and I also thank 420magazine for helping us all.........................................sorry its already been an emotional morning.:circle-of-love::thanks::peace:

They look awesome. I love seedli bs hahaha. Thyre def indicas. Don't worry about the one with weird leaves but check to see if something is munching on it

I have 3 plants that look a bit strange but healthy. All the new growth looks great....No pests that i can see and its only these 3 plants....<scatchin my head.>

Everything is still is still looking good, we will be adding our ghetto exhaust later today so the smell is sweet to me but the kids are complaining........lol With that many plants it was inevitable :thumb:
I am starting to get very impatient waiting for seeds that I ordered 30 days ago today. I will be looking for a different place to get seeds from, thats what I get for listening to my old man.

30 days??? you need to contact your seedbank. That is unacceptable. Who did you order from?

Ghetto rigged everything works just as well if it is made properly. :thumb: I made a ghetto rig tarp from plastic sheeting i had left over and just installed some grommets to hang on some hooks i had laying around. Hell, I don't even have proper exhaust for my room. I have a box fan in my window pulling air in and i have my other window open for a passive out xD. As long as you got some air movement and a way to get fresh air in you will be fine.:lot-o-toke:

30 days??? you need to contact your seedbank. That is unacceptable. Who did you order from?

Ghetto rigged everything works just as well if it is made properly. :thumb: I made a ghetto rig tarp from plastic sheeting i had left over and just installed some grommets to hang on some hooks i had laying around. Hell, I don't even have proper exhaust for my room. I have a box fan in my window pulling air in and i have my other window open for a passive out xD. As long as you got some air movement and a way to get fresh air in you will be fine.:lot-o-toke:

I ordered our seeds from Buy feminized marijuana seeds and cannabis seeds from Amsterdam - high quality marijuana seeds (cannabis seeds)
And the message i got today said that its not uncommon for these to take up to 6 weeks to get here. Very aggravated I am this morning. I will be definetly checking for a better place to get them. Needless to say my response to them was not very nice.

OOPS sorry about the link I posted I copied and pasted it.....my bad.

Well folks its update and picture day ........I have added the exhaust which is a 6in fan attached to my dryer vent. Goes through the wall and out the same vent as the dryer. I works for now.
mommas_phone_pics_023.jpg

These pics are of all the (hopefully) ladies that look pretty good and healthy so far.
mommas_phone_pics_033.jpg
mommas_phone_pics_029.jpg
101_1885.JPG
101_1884.JPG
101_1883.JPG
mommas_phone_pics_028.jpg
mommas_phone_pics_027.jpg

This one is one of the ones that I was nervous about. It had a rough start but seems to growing nicely now and really does smell great at this young age.
mommas_phone_pics_025.jpg

Here are my issue plants. One has one leaf that seems to be curling a lot but its just one leaf on one plant. And the other pic is a shot of the leaf discoloration that I am having on a few plants but not all.
mommas_phone_pics_036.jpg
mommas_phone_pics_034.jpg
mommas_phone_pics_030.jpg

These pics i just decided to throw in here,,,,The first is a hookah i was given by my old man for my birthday(not to be used). You cant see in the pic but the bottom has horses etched in glass. And the other was last years Christmas gift , a blown glass unicorn. I used her constantly until my stoner pug tried to eat her and she got cracked. (sorry for the crappy pic.)
mommas_phone_pics_018.jpg
mommas_phone_pics_020.jpg

Lastly, I was given a seed from a friend who told my it was a feminized church seed. I germinated it and in less than 24hrs it rooted. I planted it friday morning and by sunday I have this.....
mommas_phone_pics_037.jpg

We shall see what happens ......fingers crossed.
I got a soil testing kit and will be testing the soil today to try and figure out what is up with the color on the leaves. Thats all for now. Thanx for checkin and have a wonderful day.:peace:;)

Whats good GT!!!
OK, so there are 3 issues that I feel that I should address to better help and protect you and your loved ones!!!
my comments are with your quoted post!!!

mommas_phone_pics_023.jpg

First in this photo, for the fan, I kind of have the same setup in my DIY grow setup, I have a fan that blows air into my grow area,I have black plastic around the fan to force the air in!!! the 1 thing I need to share with you is that if your fan is getting to much blow back from trying to force the air out, it can overhear the fan motor and ultimately cause a fire... not good!!!
[/COLOR]

And now lastly, I noticed that you took those pictures with your phone... I noticed that when I went to comment on this post... make sure that if you are taking pictures with your phone, that you have the Geo-location setting to off!!! when you take a pic and it's on, it pinpoints anywhere in the world where the pic was taken!!! cops can take that, pinpoint your location, and be knocking on your door with a search warrant!!! some newer cameras have this function available as well... so please, exercise caution when taking and uploading pix!!! I don't want to see a grower lose their children over the government being stupid and still upholding this charade!!! They need to just legalize it and leave us alone with it!!!

Im not trying to bash you or anything, just being a concerned parent, making sure to help you avoid costly mistakes!!!

:peacetwo:

Astonr420,

Wow, I didnt even see him in the shot I just wasnt looking I guess. And that is my 2 year old grandson. Now how do i take that pic off of here??
As far as the layering on my phone........the location is off. Always off.

Thanks and I didnt think u were bashing me at all. I thank You A LOT tho!

for sure!!!

Im not sure how to get the photo off, you might want to write a message to 420 or 420 girl and let them know that you want that ppix taken off!!!

Issue fixed by 420 girl:thanks:
I will be looking into a new fan for exhaust as well.:thanks: astonr420!

As long as the fan doesn't sound like its stressing you should be fine with it. If it sounds like its struggling on high keep it on medium. Other than that it should be fine.

Here is this weeks update with pictures and mew issues.
Most of the plants are still looking good. Over the last few day we have aquired a new lighting system with 1000 watts. We picked up 5 hoods that came with the bulbs and transformers and all the duct work. I know we dont need all of that but for 100 bucks for everything we couldnt pass it up. We have 2 lights hooked up right now so a total of 2000 watts. I is now pretty warm in there so we have fans going and I crack the door a bit to let fresh air in. I have 2 plants that the leaves are curling and 2 plants with some yellowing. Are the new lights to much now? Should I start spraying the leaves now? I have tested the soil and the water for PH issues. and the reading seem to be in the OK range. I have a Hot Shot pest strip hanging in there which has helped the fly and gnat problem. Could that be the issue? its been in there for 3 days now.
These 1st 2 pictures are group shots of everyone
025132.JPG
026112.JPG

These 2 pictures are the updated lights just added yesterday
027109.JPG
028116.JPG

Here are my issue plants one looks to be drying out all of a sudden and the other is of the yellowing that is going on
03190.JPG
03282.JPG

These pictures of a few that are looking good good so far.
03378.JPG
03467.JPG

:thanks: for any all comments hopefully I can fix these issues before they do anymore damage.

Yellowing can be a few things. If it is localized to the bottom leaves then I wouldn't put too much thought into it. As long as the new growth is green and no yellowing spots on them, it should be fine. Now if they are up on the higher leaves you can have a deficiency, Ph problem, Environment/ventilation, or bugs. If you rule all those out it could just be genetics.

Some will say that it is the MG soil but I think that's quite subjective. I've seen people have great success with it and I've seen some just bomb it completely.

The curling can be a few things. Under-watering can cause curl and twisting as well as heat. As long as the air in the room is moving constantly, you shouldn't have a problem. I have noticed that the plants can thrive in high temps as long as ambient temp and circulation is maintained. If the plants sag and look droopy and lack the tenseness(If you know what I mean) that means they are over-watered.

I may not be 100% right so if someone would like to correct me, please do so. Hope this helps a little.

Yellowing can be a few things. If it is localized to the bottom leaves then I wouldn't put too much thought into it. As long as the new growth is green and no yellowing spots on them, it should be fine. Now if they are up on the higher leaves you can have a deficiency, Ph problem, Environment/ventilation, or bugs. If you rule all those out it could just be genetics.

Some will say that it is the MG soil but I think that's quite subjective. I've seen people have great success with it and I've seen some just bomb it completely.

The curling can be a few things. Under-watering can cause curl and twisting as well as heat. As long as the air in the room is moving constantly, you shouldn't have a problem. I have noticed that the plants can thrive in high temps as long as ambient temp and circulation is maintained. If the plants sag and look droopy and lack the tenseness(If you know what I mean) that means they are over-watered.

I may not be 100% right so if someone would like to correct me, please do so. Hope this helps a little.

From the reading I have been doing and pictures I have seen I think it may be a mag deficiency. And the soil does seems to still be quite moist. Since i dont want to water them now will it hurt to leaf feed with some epsom salts? I want to do that tonight when i turn lights out if it wont hurt them.

Thanks again for the advice:thumb:

I wouldn't go crazy with the epsom salt. I'm not sure about the measurements so you will want but I wouldn't exceed a tsp per gal. Also, the foliar feeding isn't always necessary so it really depends on the grower. If you decide to do that, make sure to do it right before lights out as to not burn the young plants.

I personally don't agree with the MG soil part TOG, I used MG moisture control on my very first grow and I had no yellowing except during the veg growth, it was only the new growth, once it went into flower, none what so ever...

With my Afgoo, (now keep in mind, they were outdoors) during the summer, 1 of my Afgoo's would droop in the major heat, didn't matter if I had watered that morning, which I had to do in the flowering stage, I had to water her again just to make her get her composure back...

Back
Top Bottom