My very first grow! Autoflower questions that came up

ForeverHigh

420 Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with some questions that came up during my research to start my own autoflower. I have no experience at all and I wanna start ''small''. Just x1 plant for starters. I'm about to try "60 day lemon autoflower" by DNA Genetics and see how it goes. So, the first thing I need to know is how to feed the plant. I ve heard tha autoflowers are kind of fragile and might get easily burned if not fed the right amounts of nutrients. I chose to use "Light soil mix" by Biobizz. I am about to buy the starter pack by biobizz as well which includes : Biobizz Root Juice, Biobizz Bio Grow, Biobizz Bio Bloom , Biobizz Bio Heaven , Biobizz Top Max 500 . I ve also heard that Big Bud by Advanced Nutrients is a great product as well. Do I also need cal-mag nutrient? I ve read that the first 10 days I just have to water the plant and not use any nutrients at all. But after that, I ll need a schedule to know when and how much to feed at each stage of growth. The schedule that comes with biobizz start pack refers to photopediod plants, what about autos? The other question I have is about the proper temperature and humidity levels inside the tent during vegetative and flowering periods. Any suggestions guys? :) Can't wait to start ordering things ;)

I was wondering if you could help me with some questions that came up during my research to start my own autoflower. I have no experience at all and I wanna start ''small''. Just x1 plant for starters. I'm about to try "60 day lemon autoflower" by DNA Genetics and see how it goes. So, the first thing I need to know is how to feed the plant. I ve heard tha autoflowers are kind of fragile and might get easily burned if not fed the right amounts of nutrients. I chose to use "Light soil mix" by Biobizz. I am about to buy the starter pack by biobizz as well which includes : Biobizz Root Juice, Biobizz Bio Grow, Biobizz Bio Bloom , Biobizz Bio Heaven , Biobizz Top Max 500 . I ve also heard that Big Bud by Advanced Nutrients is a great product as well. Do I also need cal-mag nutrient? I ve read that the first 10 days I just have to water the plant and not use any nutrients at all. But after that, I ll need a schedule to know when and how much to feed at each stage of growth. The schedule that comes with biobizz start pack refers to photopediod plants, what about autos? The other question I have is about the proper temperature and humidity levels inside the tent during vegetative and flowering periods. Any suggestions guys? :) Can't wait to start ordering things ;)
Not familiar with the BB line, but have seen many here who use it...so you're on the right track.

Autos aren't any more fragile than photos, so maybe you just switch the feeding schedule when they begin to flower? Somebody else will know this for sure.

Growing temps ideally are 75-85F but there are margins to play with if you have to....these plants are hardy.

Ideal RH for veg is 50-80% and flowering is below 50%.

What light are you using? Any chance you could grow 2x plants to start? Always nice to have a backup :)

I am a firm believer that autos do not need as much food usually half dose can get the job done .

I m part of the team that believe autos are more fragile than photos in terms that a stressed young auto will likely go into flower earlier than expected like if nature was always focusing on preservation. It s like they have a built in clock. So you need to do everything to keep them healthy since seeds! Photos allow more mistakes as you have control over veg time so can give them time to recover and grow big enough before flip. My first grows were autos and I ended with smallish plants that started to flower too soon because of stress they never had time to recover from. That's why I see autos a bit trickier for beginners. Even after 5 grows I prefer choosing photos and will be back to Autos when I feel confident enough to grow without mistakes. They can happen so quickly unfortunately. Always monitor everything be consistent and everything will be alright

Not familiar with the BB line, but have seen many here who use it...so you're on the right track.

Autos aren't any more fragile than photos, so maybe you just switch the feeding schedule when they begin to flower? Somebody else will know this for sure.

Growing temps ideally are 75-85F but there are margins to play with if you have to....these plants are hardy.

Ideal RH for veg is 50-80% and flowering is below 50%.

What light are you using? Any chance you could grow 2x plants to start? Always nice to have a backup :)

Quite a quick response :D thanks for the info on temp and humidity levels bro.. matter solved.. So, I ll be using a Viparspectra 450w led light in a 60x60x150 cm tent fit in a closet.. Im not sure if the light is sufficient though.. your thoughts?

I m part of the team that believe autos are more fragile than photos in terms that a stressed young auto will likely go into flower earlier than expected like if nature was always focusing on preservation. It s like they have a built in clock. So you need to do everything to keep them healthy since seeds! Photos allow more mistakes as you have control over veg time so can give them time to recover and grow big enough before flip. My first grows were autos and I ended with smallish plants that started to flower too soon because of stress they never had time to recover from. That's why I see autos a bit trickier for beginners. Even after 5 grows I prefer choosing photos and will be back to Autos when I feel confident enough to grow without mistakes. They can happen so quickly unfortunately. Always monitor everything be consistent and everything will be alright
True.. that's why im a bit nervous.. I ll try to keep track of everything. I ll stick to an auto though for my first grow due to its fast results.. Its not exactly legal in my country :p Just want to see what it's like to grow.. It ll be more as an experiment to see how the plant responds to any actions I make. I ll keep a journal of course as soon as I start the processes so I can learn from any mistakes I make later on. I don't care about great yields.. I ll be satisfied even If I get to smoke my own plant as soon as im done ;) thanks for your help bro.. So, is there a nutrient guide for autos I can follow to avoid an silly mistakes with the frequency and the dosages of feeding ? here is the official chart of Biobizz feeding schedule for photoperiods..

that light is to week for a tent that size , especially when you get to flower in my opinion , I have 2- 600 watt m.h.hids in the same size tent running at 400 watts each so a 450 led is not going to give you the results you would like .either add more led or a hid light if you can get rid of the heat it creates

that light is to week for a tent that size , especially when you get to flower in my opinion , I have 2- 600 watt m.h.hids in the same size tent running at 400 watts each so a 450 led is not going to give you the results you would like .either add more led or a hid light if you can get rid of the heat it creates

So, 450w aren't enough for just one auto plant ? maybe x2 450w led will do the work ?

yes then get another 450 watt led and run them side to side from each other, most led companies allow you to daisy chain them to each other - Mars hydro

Not always the case....earliest auto I've ever had finish was 85 days...normally they run 100-110 days. Breeders are, let us say, overly optimistic when it comes to harvest times. ;)

I understand.. When I set the whole thing up I ll keep u updated.. ;) I have a lot to take in consideration before I start and a lot more questions will surely come up..

yes then get another 450 watt led and run them side to side from each other, most led companies allow you to daisy chain them to each other - Mars hydro

Yeah I know.. It's possible with Viparspectra as well.. I ll probably do that.. The power consumption with led lights isn't that much anyway.. And the extra light will be useful for future grows (most likely photoperiods).. Got to make some more money though cause the budget is going up the more I research.. :p thanks for the tips dude ;)

welcome buddy, firstly good luck!
dont be too daunted, i started 4 weeks ago now and touch wood havent had any real issues yet, have 2 autos and 3 photos, 1 auto has been topped and lst, the other lst only, all three photos i went straight in to manifolding lol, i learnt in the first week a lot of stuff, and even now am still buyig things i need.
im running straight coco, so cant give much input if you are going to use soil, and not familiar with the bio biz, have been using ionic stuff so far, but i have AN mgb to use for next round already to try lol. have a few cheaper led units, decent enough but just ordered a custom built qb 3500k to try out, will be running two areas so will need more lights down the road and if the qb’s are as good as is said will defo go that way for heat reasons.
will be worth to start a journal which can help you track your progress and others to follow if you feel like :)
cheers

Back
Top Bottom