My Very First Grow Ever! - Indoor

dankrican

soooo here we go. Hello 420mag world, dank rican here and I found a couple seeds in my stash and decided I wanted to nurture them to become beautiful, healthy plants. I know that using seeds from a stash is a shot in the dark, especially since I don't even remember what strain it was, but I'm doing this first grow mainly for experience so when I get some good seeds I won't screw it up. Also, I'm working with very little here. VERY LITTLE. I'm growing in my closet. I don't have the exact measurements right now but I will get them asap. I pretty much went into this with ZERO planning. It started off just a littlleeeeeeee curiosity and just sky rocketed. I had no supplies or clue what I was gonna get or do when I started germinating my seeds.....I just got excited after watching so many videos and reading through growing threads lol So I germinated them using the paper towel method then planted them in 16oz cups. 1/3 peat moss 1/3 vermiculite 1/3 perlite. Thinking about switching to 70% FF Ocean Forest soil and 30% perlite when i move them to a bigger pot what do you think? I planted 8 seeds and 5 have sprouted. This is already awesome for me lol as far as light i have them under 2 60w fluorescent tube. Of course I plan to get more lights but need some that will plug up to a regular outlet. Are there MH and HPS that can be used in regular outlets? i have them in a 18light/6dark cycle right now I don't have a timer yet so it's a tad bit iffy but I've been keeping up with it. Also, I plan to buy some mylar and pretty much make a "grow room" inside my closet. Any suggestions on that? As far as nutes, after researching I'm convinced to go with FF products since it comes iin a very convenient 3pack and people seem to really like them. (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) When do I start adding these and how much? They're sleeping right now so pics will be up soon but I just had to make this. Through all these threads everybody seems to be real positive and helpful and I hope to hear back from some of you so you guys can lead me on the path of successfully growing beautiful, frosty, dense ass buds:thumb::welcome:

Hey Dankrican welcome to the fourm!
A bunch of growers here started with bag seed, including myself. You have to learn some how and why not with a free seed you already have?

FFOF is some good soil, it has a ton of nutes in it. I use FF Happy Frog soil, it has less nutes in it. No mater what you pick more perlite will be great!
The floros you have will work for veg, but yes more is better. Most MH/HPS balists will plug into a normal outlet.
Emergency blankets are made of Mylar $2 for 3.5ft x 5ft. Works great, cheap, and easy to work with.
No food for the little ones for about 2 weeks! Then start at 1/4-1/2 strengh and slowly move to full. FF has some great products! However I would suggest that you atleast look into BPN - Blue Planet Nutrients. They also have a three part grow, micro, and bloom. They work great, BPN is a sponsor here, priced right, and the owner Cory is real active on the fourm! Like I said maybe give it a read.

It seems your on the right path, keep it up! I can't wait for some pics!

Thanks for the advice Mark! Using emergency blankets is a great idea I'll probably go with that. And I'll be sure to look into BPN also.

Here are some pics!

These 2 are doing pretty good 6 days old.
fb351.jpg

These are also 6 days old but haven't sprouted. How long should i give them to sprout?
IMG_20120118_162122.jpg

These are 3 days old lookin nice.
IMG_20120118_162144.jpg

Planted a second seed in the middle one of the last pic just for kicks and it started sprouting. We'll see how that goes.
IMG_20120118_162152-1.jpg

Tell me what you think! Also when I transport them what size pot shout it be? 5 gallon?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom