Tokethefolk

420 Member
Hi everyone, Toke (for short) here, I hope y'all are well.

I'm really excited but also trying not to get overwhelmed. As it is titled, this is my first time growing! I've been reading a great amount of information...there's ssooo much lol. Oy vey.

But, I'm determined to succeed.

Ordering a grow light (was going to try not using one but decided I should)

Planted 6 seeds and 4 have germinated and are growing (I'm beginning this post on day 7).

All of the seeds are autos

Of the 4 growing (visible) - 3 are green crack and 1 is Blueberry

Grow medium is Soil

I began with farmyard manure and organic compost soil which I mixed then planted the seeds.

I've been watering with a spray bottle primarily but have poured a bit over the plants directly just recently.

The biggest shoot started growing rather quick but then reached a plateau and has not changed at all in several days...idk why. It concerns me...

I definitely would appreciate tips and help from all of y'all along the way

Cannabis will change the world and I cannot wait. I never used cannabis at all until January 2019....WOW, my life is forever changed! This is the single greatest tool I have ever found to help with all of my issues (anxiety, depression, muscle spasms, feeling unable to control emotions, being short-tempered, to name a few).

Cannabis has made me feel alive and more like myself than I ever have! Plus, the level of creativity and focus I can obtain with Green Crack and others is astounding. I was raised in America and taught that cannabis was a "gateway drug" lmao. It's a miracle drug, if you ask me. And I live for the day the pharmaceutical industry is put in it's place because of cannabis....I digress.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

- Toke

PS: I'll get pics posted soon...

Also, I’m using 2x 10L plastic containers.

One container has the 3 green crack

The other has the blueberry,

(there were 2 other GC seeds also planted with the blueberry but one didn’t germ and the other had some issues but may still grow, time will tell)

i chose to add some gravel at the bottom of the pots for drainage when I set it up.

I think I’m going to poke holes in the bottom of the pots and place them in trays after all.

I’m thinking my issue has been needing a grow light, which is coming.

Attachments

• B6B9BE2C-6D91-47E9-8BFD-391BC90B4FE3.jpeg
    B6B9BE2C-6D91-47E9-8BFD-391BC90B4FE3.jpeg
    942.9 KB · Views: 60
  • B6E760BB-087B-4C77-90D0-3D2665B3C16E.jpeg
    B6E760BB-087B-4C77-90D0-3D2665B3C16E.jpeg
    817.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 16C64F48-9B13-4F3A-9F43-4DBF80A16CA0.jpeg
    16C64F48-9B13-4F3A-9F43-4DBF80A16CA0.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 58
Today is Day 9

So i have fungus gnats. Only seen a couple so far. I turned some fans onto the plants to dry out the soil.

I’m going to refrain from watering for a couple of days. They still haven’t really changed much. :-/

Attachments

• BF19DE9C-3EB4-4F82-9691-1A9513716013.jpeg
    BF19DE9C-3EB4-4F82-9691-1A9513716013.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • 84767ECA-AD79-4F86-9BB6-D85132B18BE9.jpeg
    84767ECA-AD79-4F86-9BB6-D85132B18BE9.jpeg
    598.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 7E1A3F62-734A-44BD-A9EE-309BB04E7CD7.jpeg
    7E1A3F62-734A-44BD-A9EE-309BB04E7CD7.jpeg
    918.1 KB · Views: 47
Today is Day 9

So i have fungus gnats. Only seen a couple so far. I turned some fans onto the plants to dry out the soil.

I’m going to refrain from watering for a couple of days. They still haven’t really changed much. :-/
Here you are good. I give a few drops on top of the seeds a couple times a day until they come up so they don't dry out. It's tough fighting the gnats. Keep fighting! :thumb:

What lighting schedule are you going with for the autos?

what kind of light are they under? Have you already decided on a grow light?

excited for your journey!

I know @West Hippie loves first grow journals as much as I do:passitleft:

Gidday Toke and welcome along. You’re in the right place to grow some massive buds now. Are we there yet?

I’m sure trying! The grow light came in yesterday and I got it set up.
The light was too much too fast I think. There was some light burn. But now the seedlings are starting to turn toward the light. So good signs!

Also...because I’m gay and can’t help myself haha.....is your screen name a description or a preference? :p :laugh::surf:

I’ll post some new pics later!

What lighting schedule are you going with for the autos?

what kind of light are they under? Have you already decided on a grow light?

excited for your journey!

I know @West Hippie loves first grow journals as much as I do:passitleft:

Hey Silver, i bought a full spectrum led grow light. It’s “vander” brand (it was from amazon...aka “corporate greed megaboss”).

I’m going to use an 18/6 light/dark schedule.

i think this will be best from everything I’ve read so far. I’m excited to see them grow much faster now with the light!

I’m sure trying! The grow light came in yesterday and I got it set up.
The light was too much too fast I think. There was some light burn. But now the seedlings are starting to turn toward the light. So good signs!

Also...because I’m gay and can’t help myself haha.....is your screen name a description or a preference? :p :laugh::surf:

I’ll post some new pics later!

Glad to hear your grow is up and going. You have to let them get used to more intense light over a few days. :)

And, well I’m happy you’re happy ;)
My nom de net? Aspirational in that I want great big colas stacked everywhere in my garden like this.

Green days, ‘folk.
:yummy::cool:

Glad to hear your grow is up and going. You have to let them get used to more intense light over a few days. :)

And, well I’m happy you’re happy ;)
My nom de net? Aspirational in that I want great big colas stacked everywhere in my garden like this.

Green days, ‘folk.
:yummy::cool:

Lol nice! Those are fantastic and impressive colas! Makes sense. I feel we all share the aspiration. :yummy:

Everyday I learn so much lol. It’s great.

Yes, I’m anxious to get them adjusted. I’m kicking myself for not getting a light to use from day 1. :):cool:

So i have some new growth!!

Very excited.

It has to be because of the new light. I expected light was my problem.

it did not come with any good instructions (completely illegible printed “manual”) *rolls eyes*

anyway, the light has 2 settings; one seems clearer and one is more red/pink.

can y’all offer assistance on which you think it should be on for veg?? I’ve had it on pink and it seems to be working. I'm just anxious lol:oops:

these are pics of the green crack seedling I have left (one died and I think another is on the way out. Ugh. This leaves me one green crack auto and one blueberry auto).

I’ll post again momentarily with the blueberry pics to prevent confusion.

Attachments

• 2C0C2DD2-FC59-4EBF-8031-014F70D08ADB.jpeg
    2C0C2DD2-FC59-4EBF-8031-014F70D08ADB.jpeg
    952.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 5BE9AF3D-9766-4C47-B1C8-D60515A724D3.jpeg
    5BE9AF3D-9766-4C47-B1C8-D60515A724D3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Looking good. I’ve never used the blurple but I think @Backlipslide can be of assistance.

if I had to guess the just white is veg and the red spec adds some power for bloom but I would have no issues running it how you have it.

great to hear!

Looking good. I’ve never used the blurple but I think @Backlipslide can be of assistance.

if I had to guess the just white is veg and the red spec adds some power for bloom but I would have no issues running it how you have it.

great to hear!

Thanks Silver!

Back
Top Bottom