My Water gets Cloudy after 3 Day's

Fietchen

Hello,

I am in worry, my Nutes Water getting cloudy after 2-3 day's the pump move the water and no direct light reach the water so why is that? Temps are between 20-21 celsius.

Maybe not worse what i think? It's not smell so good like 2 day's ago.

IMG_20220509_104100.jpg
IMG_20220509_104053.jpg

Hi fietchen
Is the bucket white on the outside also?
It may still let a small amount of light through.
Do you use any enzyme protection products?

I don't know of lights can get to it but I have a new container in black that I put underneath my grow tray.

Yes I use Atami Enzym

You'll be surprised how much light penetrats through white plastic, I've seen many growers find out on here..
I'm gonna tag @Rexer if he has a moment. He uses hydro and experienced something similar.

Other thoughts are the usual, temps could be a little cooler, you may need more water movement.
Or, simply those nutes go cloudy.

Hi @Fietchen

I see a few things that could have been the culprit.
The first has already been pointed out, and that is that the container is not light proof. Any non-black plastic exposed to light will allow the light into the container and "bleed" into the reservoir. Think of how light travels on fiber optic cables, it's a similar concept.

The second is a possibility. I see a pump, but while it will agitate the solution, it doesn't aerate it. An airstone, will serve much better.

Then there's the question of temperatures. It needs to stay a bit cool to avoid bad bacteria from forming (unless you have hydroguard or other benifical microbes in).

Hi @Fietchen

I see a few things that could have been the culprit.
The first has already been pointed out, and that is that the container is not light proof. Any non-black plastic exposed to light will allow the light into the container and "bleed" into the reservoir. Think of how light travels on fiber optic cables, it's a similar concept.

The second is a possibility. I see a pump, but while it will agitate the solution, it doesn't aerate it. An airstone, will serve much better.

Then there's the question of temperatures. It needs to stay a bit cool to avoid bad bacteria from forming (unless you have hydroguard or other benifical microbes in).

Hi Sir, I bought a new container in thick black and a Airpump later this day. Hydroguard is not availeble here what you think of EM-1?

Make your own clear rez with hydroclorous acid aka pool shock and water. Assuming you want to run a sterile reservoir if not you will have to source enzymes growing your own is possible but very tricky to do.
Happy 420!!

Make your own clear rez with hydroclorous acid aka pool shock and water. Assuming you want to run a sterile reservoir if not you will have to source enzymes growing your own is possible but very tricky to do.
Happy 420!!

My Reservoir looking good today i throw old Nutes away and filled new in i belive the old was comtam

Hi Sir, I bought a new container in thick black and a Airpump later this day. Hydroguard is not availeble here what you think of EM-1?
Hi Fietchen,

I think I replied to your other thread on the EM1, but to answer on here...

I've never used the EM1, however, I don't see why it shouldn't. At its basics, using beneficial microbes...the principle is to outcrowd harmful bacteria and not give them a chance to get a foothold.

Hydroguard isn't really available here either (or is insanely expensive).

Some substitutes for Hydroguard that I've tried and works:
Orca
Root Guard by GreenPlanet
Microbial Mass (pro version is just more concentrated)

Enzymes are a great addition, however, they are not a substitute for microbes.

Hi Fietchen,

I think I replied to your other thread on the EM1, but to answer on here...

I've never used the EM1, however, I don't see why it shouldn't. At its basics, using beneficial microbes...the principle is to outcrowd harmful bacteria and not give them a chance to get a foothold.

Hydroguard isn't really available here either (or is insanely expensive).

Some substitutes for Hydroguard that I've tried and works:
Orca
Root Guard by GreenPlanet
Microbial Mass (pro version is just more concentrated)

Enzymes are a great addition, however, they are not a substitute for microbes.

I ask a grow seller for a product similar ore I will try Em1 someone from the useres make a positive statement to that product special for the plants

Back
Top Bottom