My1stGro - New Member & Grower Journey Journal

My1stGro

I Started With Miracle Grow (Don't Shoot!!) LOL! i know i shouldn't have but as a newbie i really didn't know much as far as Soils, Nutes ect... But After doing some extensive research i realized that MG wasn't the smartest thing to do but they seem to be doing fine so far. I will be transplanting these Mudasuckas! very soon to some FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil. Being The Newb that i am i know i probably made a few Mistakes, but i'm very eager to Learn and am great at following directions, NO I HAVEN'T BEGAN TELLING MY STORY AS OF YET LOL... BUT HERE IT GOES>>​

THIS IS MY 1ST GROW BOX I KNOW ITS TERRIBLE! BUT IM WORKING ON BUILDING SOMETHING MUCH BETTER SOON.
IMG_123120.JPG
IMG_123922.JPG
IMG_123822.JPG
IMG_124321.JPG

CURRENTLY I HAVE 2 ( 23W CFL's PUSHING 1600 LUMENS EACH AT 6500K )

1 6 inch fan BLOWING AIR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX TOWARDS THE TOP.

AND I CUT A FEW 2 RECTANGLE HOLES ON THE OTHER SIDE TOP SIDE OF THE BOX FOR THE HEAT TO ESCAPE.​

IMG_125813.JPG

Unfortunately i started my grow in MG and i found out later on that it wasn't the brightest thing to do.>>

IMG_126920.JPG

AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH I GERMINATED EACH SEED FOR ABOUT 2-3 DAYS IN A DARK SLIGHTLY WARM PLACE AND BOOM THEY STARTED SPROUTING SO I PLANTED THEM AND WATERED THE NEW SOIL. LIKE A MUDASUKIN FOOL,I ADDED THIS SHIT TO THE WATER>>

IMG_127014.JPG
SMH!

SO FAR ITS BEEN 1 WEEK, BUT THEY SEEM TO BE DOING OK IM NOT SURE DOE THAT'S WHY I CAME TO THE GODS LOL FOR SOME GUIDANCE! ANY WAY THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE SO FAR.>>

IMG_124621.JPG
IMG_124719.JPG
IMG_125617.JPG
IMG_125020.JPG
IMG_126220.JPG
IMG_126017.JPG
IMG_126116.JPG

THIS ONE RIGHT HERE HAS SPECIAL STORY!>>​

IMG_125020.JPG
IMG_124921.JPG
IMG_124818.JPG
IMG_124719.JPG

<<< This lil guy is about 2 weeks old and i started it with the same process. But as it got bigger the leaves started kind of burning out, i also had a Misting bottle that had MG Fert in it and i was misting my life away SMH i Know ( Please Don't SHOOT!! ) Lol any way as soon as i started to see this i flushed the soil with regular H2O and it seems to be bouncing back not sure doe
IMG_124921.JPG

YESTERDAY I ACQUIRED SOME NUTES AND SOME pH TEST STRIPS. Nooooo its not FoxFarm but it seems to be some great REAL ORGANIC STUFF The Ratio is 10-4-3 its By All natural organ stuff its my first applying the right Ratios Of Nutes But I Only applied to 2 of my babies just to try it out.... i didn't want to jump the gun. But from my understanding and research, the babies love a bit more Nitrogen than anything in their Veggie Stage so i made sure to get the right ratios. I flushed the soil of the 2 FURTHEST TO THE RIGHT UNDER THE LIGHT i let them sit for a bit and then watered them again with some Distilled Water and my Daniels 10-4-3 Nute as directed 1tsp per gallon, i tested the pH i it was between 6.7 and 7.0. One of them look the stem is turning into jello pudding and the other one seems to be fine so far not sure, but it hasn't been 24 full hours yet... we will see. >>​

IMG_126717.JPG

IMG_126316.JPG
IMG_126419.JPG
IMG_126220.JPG

I RECENTLY JUST MOVED THE BABIES CLOSER TO THE CFL's GOT SOME TIPS FROM A FEW OF THE 420 GODS AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYONE'S FEEDBACK THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL CONTINUE TO POST MY JOURNEY AND HELP IN WHATEVER WAY I CAN AS I EMBARK ON THIS JOURNEY WITH ALL MY FELLOW GROWERS AND LEARNERS!!​
>>

IMG_127114.JPG
IMG_127212.JPG
IMG_127315.JPG
IMG_127416.JPG
IMG_127516.JPG
IMG_127617.JPG

My1stGro - New Member & Grower

gotta get those lights CLOSE.... and more of them.
I'm almost afraid to ask... but did you pee in that cup? LOL

your MG will be just fine until the plants are too big for their cups. In the mean-time, don't add any nutes, and when you DO add nutes, I'd recommend not using the MG as it tends to run a bit hot, and it's harder to control levels.

Ideally get a t5 for veg
Hps for bloom
User friendly nutes

Actually just build what I have. Oh wait your limited on space and need stealth. Also probably on a budget. So find some members or threads on here that are cfl users.
I personally am not to familiar on stealth or small grows. But I'm very familiar with cannabis so outside of conditions this is what I'd straight recommend

House and garden nutrients
Follow the feeding schedule I adjust and run hotter but start with there recommend feeding

Fox farm ocean forest soil
Light warrior or happy frog for seedlings

Ph balanced water after adding nutes

Conditions
More sealed box with more intake and exhaust
More watts more watts
More lumens
More light period

Let me know if you have any questions

@DuttyPanty your setup is so dope!! quick question running hot is what exactly? im thinking juicing the water just a bit more or.... and that t5 looks dope i really need to invest in one. I NEED MORE LIGHTS, MORE LUMENS, MORE WATTS i definitly need to build a bigger and better box... something i can veg and bloom in... how long after switching the light cycle does it take to see sex?

Varies a Lil roughly 5-8 days to see Sex.
Running hot is extra or too much nutes. I'd always recommend either cutting a recommended feeding in half or follow if proven. Which house and garden is.
I'm a medical cannabis cup participate every and have placed. But everyone starts somewhere. I failed quite a few times when I started.

Get a tent if you need a sealed stealth environment the sponsors have some nice ones.

Ive seen people have great success with all types of nutrients. I recommend using what the bag of oceanforest says to use which would be foxfarm liquid nutes (I use them for my vegetable garden and my garden is the envy of the block) :dreamy: lol my point is that as long as your nutrients have everything your plants need to thrive then the specific ratios and company's dont matter so much. All plants need different amounts of different things,( its all genetics) so its hard to say one line of nutrients is better than the other. Ofcourse MG is crap and anything else thats not considered a "complete" nutrient.

You need more light in the end but ive grown 4 plants 1oz each under 10 23w cfls. So you dont need a crazy amount. What will help you the most is a scrog or just some good LST to keep your canopy even. Cfls dont penetrate well so all of the light is getting absorbed at the very top of your plants (thats where all your bud sites should be).

There are also plenty of people who swear by LED. You can get a cheap one on ebay for the same price as a t5 if its something youd be interested in. I gave in and ordered one last week.

Lol @DrewDropw thats so awesome man!!! im considering a LED and a Tent i will also be following up with a nutrition update in about a week lets see how these babies do! lets all keep our fingers crossed Lol

Back
Top Bottom