Mycorrhiza Fungi

jackhammermik

I was just wondering if anyone has experience using this in DWC hydro.

Thanks RF...Ever heard of it?

php3C4xwcPM.jpg

fine for water culture . tends to plug drip systems as dark, warm and humid are prerequisites for fungal growth. it may add fungal spores to the air which may be hard on fresh, unrooted cuttings.when i started using myco active soiless mix i saw a sharp drop in the survival rates of fresh cuttings. i noticed they had a greenish mold growing on the pellet. my environments are always sterilized between crops. so, i went through all the possible vectors of contamination. finally i cultured a small sample of the soiless mix i was using. voila. green fucking mold.

That's interesting Alien because from what I have read on the subject Mycorrhizal is supposed to be excellent for cloning and transplanting. Are you still using it and have you seen any benifit?

my problems came from a soilless mix that was inocculated with live mycorrhizial fungi. when the mycelium fruited it sporulated into the air. the airborne contaminates then found a nice home on the near sterile environment i was raising babies in. the fungus colonized on the medium as well as the lower stem.

i don't believe it was the beneficial fungi that were the problem. spores can harbour contaminates that just hitch a ride with them until they find a suitable home. i have a background in tissue culture so i am very familiar with lab practices and tracing vectors of contamination. i used a laser particle scanner to figure out what was going on.

Thanks Alien,
From what I have researched it is supposed to help roots uptake nutes. However, If I have CO2 enrichment for the room and airstones in each DWC site I have to wonder how much of a beni adding the Mycor would be.
If I do use it I think adding a touch of it to the base of the plant and see what happens. Any thoughts?

if you are growing organically, then the benes(fungi, bacteria, enzimes)work very well in aiding nutrient uptake and availability. if you are running non organic nutes then it is an unnessessary added cost.

Back
Top Bottom