Mylar sheet over the hydroton

blublue

420 Member
Hi, I recently put a circular sheet of mylar over the hydroton that goes around the plant, it has reduced water loss through evaporation and humidity. I am wondering even with these benefits along with the extra light reflection could it be harmful to the plant or roots? So far it seems to be working well. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!:thanks:

kitchen foil would enhance rootzone darkness, as for reflectivity, is likely to cause minor? stress on any canna plant, tho perhaps not enuf to make her herm, but can along with other factors, aid in causing a herm ...monitor close just in case

Hi, I recently put a circular sheet of mylar over the hydroton that goes around the plant, it has reduced water loss through evaporation and humidity. I am wondering even with these benefits along with the extra light reflection could it be harmful to the plant or roots? So far it seems to be working well. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!:thanks:

I've seen it done on grodan cubes with black and white poly. It apparently stops evaporation (like you mentioned) and also is a control against fungus gnats and algae. I thought about doing it with my DWC's when i had fungus gnats, but decided to go the chemical route instead. I've heard good things about it though.

I don't think it would create hot spots though- as long as your canopy is halfway decent light isn't shining directly on the mylar.

I've seen it done on grodan cubes with black and white poly. It apparently stops evaporation (like you mentioned) and also is a control against fungus gnats and algae. I thought about doing it with my DWC's when i had fungus gnats, but decided to go the chemical route instead. I've heard good things about it though.

I don't think it would create hot spots though- as long as your canopy is halfway decent light isn't shining directly on the mylar.

Thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom