Mystery Seed Progress

Re: Mystery seed Progress, All comments and advice welcome

that is a monster, wish it was mines lol

much do you expect to get from that?

+rep for the monster

:Namaste:

Thanks taylormade420, I appreciate it!
idk how much i'll yield, Id be happy with a QP, maybe a lil more =)
feel free to take a guess though!!
still got 3 solid weeks left, we will see what happens..

im rubbish at guessing lol, i thot on my first grow i was gonna end up with 2 maybe 3 oz ended up with just under 12 lol

id say 5 - 6 oz there going by the size of colas you got

im rubbish at guessing lol, i thot on my first grow i was gonna end up with 2 maybe 3 oz ended up with just under 12 lol

id say 5 - 6 oz there going by the size of colas you got

haha, id rather guess under then over any day, at least then your happily surprised lol.. And I would be extremely happy with those numbers!

Nice yeild on your first grow, 12 oz would make a nice pillow to sleep on haha.

Wow looking crazy dude things a beast when i look at that im like that is a girl that could kick my ass for sure lol

Wow looking crazy dude things a beast when i look at that im like that is a girl that could kick my ass for sure lol

hahaha. I know right, and my whole life I was chasing the skinny chicks. (head shake of shame) lmao...

thanks missbud!!
yeah I topped the mother living crap out of her! i only waited about a week into veg then kept toping just about every chance i got, then I also LST'd her so that each new branch structure would get as much light as possible. then right before i switched to 12/12 i made a ghetto scrog net out of hemp and the rest is history. honestly I threw her into flower 1/2 month earlier then I originally planed, it pissed me off at first, the only reason i threw it into flower early is because i found out we were going to be moving soon and wanted to finish this strain before the move. (lmfao, yeah that never happened) but i cant complain!

shes a beast, I can only imagine how big she'd be if i had vegged for the full 2 months like planned.

but its cool, im happy! plus im really diggin the colors shes starting to turn. allot of lavender showing now =)

thanks again for the kind words ;)

I want you to know that I had a dream about your stalk last night...:laughtwo:;):rofl:

But yes definitely a beautiful plant, seems my height restrictions are almost on par with yours and you totally conquered it lol!

I was a little up in the air about my next grow for style but honestly I thank for you clearing that up lol

I know it would be a little more lanky in soil, but do you think it would be comparable to hydro? It's about to get hot in my neck of the woods and res temps will be a problem, so me thinks winters are best for the dwc. Sorry to ask but I am so intrigued by this plant lol:circle-of-love::Namaste::adore:

that is the craziest looking cannabis stem i have ever seen, this may be a noob question but how do you feed your plant in the DWC bucket
?/

I believe the nutrient solution is in the bucket, aerating with an airstone via a pump and the plant is just sitting in a net cup of hydroton, with the roots being submerged 24/7 in solution, and a res change every week. I don't think that's a noob question at all, in fact I don't even know if that's fully right?:passitleft:

@MissBud Thats exactly right :)

@ilikebike, its really that simple!! if you look on the first page i posted a video showing exactly what needs to be done step by step. its really simple.

only part thats annoying is having to move the entire plant when you flush and refill the res. its a pain in the ass with giant plants, you got weight and size of plant plus root mass full of water to move around. so it cna be a pain sometimes even though its such a simple design. and feeding easy,
-just fill cleaned bucket with fresh water,
-add nutes,
-do your ph, ppm, and ec readings,
-adjust if needed,
-throw air stone/s back in bucket and put nettypot lid with plant back on with roots siting in fresh clean, cool, aerated nutrient solution :)

but at the moment im starting my flush so all i do is add clean ph'd water to the res when it gets low and i do this until ive flushed 15 gals of fresh water threw my system, right now its taking in just over a gal per day.

I want you to know that I had a dream about your stalk last night...:laughtwo:;):rofl:

But yes definitely a beautiful plant, seems my height restrictions are almost on par with yours and you totally conquered it lol!

I was a little up in the air about my next grow for style but honestly I thank for you clearing that up lol

I know it would be a little more lanky in soil, but do you think it would be comparable to hydro? It's about to get hot in my neck of the woods and res temps will be a problem, so me thinks winters are best for the dwc. Sorry to ask but I am so intrigued by this plant lol:circle-of-love::Namaste::adore:

lmfao, that must have been one wild dream!

your absolutley right Missbud, temps can be a real issue for plants in D.W.C. systems but there are a handfull of methods you can use to ensure you res stays cool and fresh for your roots.

1st. would be to purchase a cheap water chiller, you can get one online for $30 thats good for a 10 gal fishtank and you just set it to 65-66 deg and you wont have any worries.

however what i did was just bought some flexible insulation from home depot and used it to wrap my bucket:

IMG_18855.JPG

this helps allot believe it or not.

also a product that every hydro grower should use is:
Hygrozyme
hygrozyme__65696_zoom.jpg

its a beneficial enzyme that breaks down dead root matter so that it can be ingested by the plant. this product is proven to prevent root rot.
if you run this stuff you shouldnt have any worries.

esp, if you maintain your rm temps, use that thermal barrier on bucket and run hygrozyme, your grow wont have any issues with root rot.

every time you swap out res you should be checking water temps with it, i make sure my water temps are at 66 when putting in fresh water, water never gets higher then 70 deg and my tent has been at a constant 76 deg during the day and 67 deg at night.

D.W.C. is extremely simple to use if your really interested in doing a first time hydro system.

if you check out that video i linked on first page allot of D.W.C. is explained pretty good on that channel.

p.s. the only real piece of advice i could give that i feel made a difference in the size of this plant was, ok actually 2 things haha.

1. lots and lots of airation to the root zone, i went over kill and bought 2 of these, and they are being fed by a 45lmp air pump.

76_micro_pore_air_diffuser.jpg

there a bit pricey, BUT THERE WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

i use them both in the 5 gal.

2. in order to grow large plants with fat colas, first you have to grow large fat healthy roots.
you gotta go down before you can go up! ;)

so take care of your root zone and your plant will take care of you :)

p.s.s. ill def be taking some good skeleton pics when grow is all said and done,.. which should be in a week and a half, maybe 2 =)

Wow +reps preprodigy:circle-of-love::Namaste::high-five:

Can't believe I missed that video :thedoubletake:, it's about time I stop skipping random posts!!

:thanks: tooo much for that explanation, it is now bookmarked and will be revisited in the future!!:bravo:

think i might test it out at some point. seems simple enough probably will just do one plant like your doing. maybe try to top it multiple times and ScRoG it. keep up the good work bro looks good!
its easy as all get out! just remember that hydroponics like a ph of 5.5-6.4 unlike soil which prefers a 6.0-6.9

and 2 things id do different if i could would be the addition of Co2 and using beneficial teas one every 2 wks from start to mid flower...

but there will be more grows to come!
Wow +reps preprodigy:circle-of-love::Namaste::high-five:

Can't believe I missed that video :thedoubletake:, it's about time I stop skipping random posts!!

:thanks: tooo much for that explanation, it is now bookmarked and will be revisited in the future!!:bravo:

Thank Youuuu Very much :) I appreciate the love ;)

Later :high-five::Namaste:

not a whole lot going on so i was bored and decided to try and take macro shots through my handheld and my digital.

Pain in the ass to do!!

not the best pics but you get to see what stage of the game were at with the trichs.

majority still clear, which makes me think it still needs another solid 2 weeks.

IMG_19203.JPG
IMG_19194.JPG
IMG_19245.JPG
IMG_19223.JPG
IMG_19232.JPG

(i gave up after a while, i was crushing a nug without knowing it trying to juggle all this shit to make it work haha...)

I also think because of this i might have started to flush a little too early, this grows gonna end up with a 3 week flush i gave it some hygrozyme with first batch of fresh water to help leach out the majority of nutrients from the root zone, then have been just adding fresh water when needed and making sure ph is in check.

i just jumped into flush so quick because of the development of bud bananas. and didnt want a shit load more of those fuckers poping up anymore.. what do you guys think i should do based on macros?

I jus checked my confidential.cheese n all heads r nice fat n round. All cloudy n more amber then the other Day :)

damn man, i feel like ive been growing this plant for a year now haha, and still my trichs are clear wtf haha, yeah your prob right, ima just push it threw the next 2.5 3 weeks and see what happens. never know until you try right?

Back
Top Bottom