Mystic Blue First Grow!

I've been using a type of calmag it says 1ml to a ltr and foliar spray once a week now to stop as I'm flowering. So I can't see how it hasn't got enough lol. Next grow it will be In from the start

I've been using a type of calmag it says 1ml to a ltr and foliar spray once a week now to stop as I'm flowering. So I can't see how it hasn't got enough lol. Next grow it will be In from the start
some plants are more hungry than others and need much more... the directions on the bottle don't always address those needs. My organic calmag has 2 recommendations, one for heavy feeding and one for normal.

Think for the next grow im gunna get the proper cal-mag I'm also gunna get some of the other biobizz range for the other minerals and nutrients needed to ace this. I'm happy that it looks like I'm gunna get some smoke off of this plant but disappointed on the size and determined to over double next grow. WHITE WIDOW TIME!

Hey Emily I've been reading again.... the worst thing to do!!

I saw you comment on another website about molasses sugar being added through flowering and I've seen some awesome results. You got a lesson on this or can you tell me how I do it please :) pretty please!

Hey Emily I've been reading again.... the worst thing to do!!

I saw you comment on another website about molasses sugar being added through flowering and I've seen some awesome results. You got a lesson on this or can you tell me how I do it please :) pretty please!

Funny that you are reading my early work on other websites.. there have been a few of them over the years. I really concentrate on just this forum these days, although I do keep one eye on a couple of the others out there just in case an old friend surfaces.
I use molasses in lots of things that I make and pretty much start using it very early in veg in my compost teas and such. Molasses is special because the sugars that are in it are already in a form that can be immediately used by the plants but more importantly in an organic grow, by the microlife that I am trying to keep alive in my soil. In compost teas the molasses serves the purpose of keeping the microlife fed while the tea is being brewed and for every two days of brewing it requires another tablespoon of molasses to keep things going.
In regular grows I also used to give molasses with the water for all the reasons above, but also because it is claimed that this sugar adds to the taste of the final product. I am not sure how true that really is, but what I did figure out was that the magnesium content of the molasses became a problem if given to the very end, giving a distinctive tinny taste to my final product. I modified the way I do things after making that discovery, and now I do not give molasses or any other nutrient additives during the last 2 weeks of the grow. If I were growing synthetically, I would modify that and would not give nutrients or molasses after the final flush, 3-5 days before harvest.
Everyone has their own methods that work for them, but all in all, molasses is one of the handiest and healthiest additives that we have in our arsenal of things we can throw at these plants.

Funny that you are reading my early work on other websites.. there have been a few of them over the years. I really concentrate on just this forum these days, although I do keep one eye on a couple of the others out there just in case an old friend surfaces.
I use molasses in lots of things that I make and pretty much start using it very early in veg in my compost teas and such. Molasses is special because the sugars that are in it are already in a form that can be immediately used by the plants but more importantly in an organic grow, by the microlife that I am trying to keep alive in my soil. In compost teas the molasses serves the purpose of keeping the microlife fed while the tea is being brewed and for every two days of brewing it requires another tablespoon of molasses to keep things going.
In regular grows I also used to give molasses with the water for all the reasons above, but also because it is claimed that this sugar adds to the taste of the final product. I am not sure how true that really is, but what I did figure out was that the magnesium content of the molasses became a problem if given to the very end, giving a distinctive tinny taste to my final product. I modified the way I do things after making that discovery, and now I do not give molasses or any other nutrient additives during the last 2 weeks of the grow. If I were growing synthetically, I would modify that and would not give nutrients or molasses after the final flush, 3-5 days before harvest.
Everyone has their own methods that work for them, but all in all, molasses is one of the handiest and healthiest additives that we have in our arsenal of things we can throw at these plants.
Awesome! I like the sound of this! I've got my hands on some black strap organic unsuphured. Now the question is how much do you dilute it?
And for my next grow do you feed with the sugar from veg through to 2 weeks before?

Wow!!! You use all of these my god that's alot and this is on top of normal nutrients aswell? I've got a compost heap outside it's well established you reckon any good for compost tea?

Right little update aswell while I'm here just plugged the 200w cfl in and it's weird and fricken hot lol any idea? I've set it to about 5"away from my plant with the red coloured filaments facing her..... Any ideas I've never really played with cfl lighting. All I do know is that this thing gunna pump my tents heat up some what! @Emilya @CannaNoob

Attachments

• 20190116_172936.jpg
    20190116_172936.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20190116_174143.jpg
    20190116_174143.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 33
Wow!!! You use all of these my god that's alot and this is on top of normal nutrients aswell? I've got a compost heap outside it's well established you reckon any good for compost tea?

Right little update aswell while I'm here just plugged the 200w cfl in and it's weird and fricken hot lol any idea? I've set it to about 5"away from my plant with the red coloured filaments facing her..... Any ideas I've never really played with cfl lighting. All I do know is that this thing gunna pump my tents heat up some what! @Emilya @CannaNoob
Woah looks wicked! Haha but I’m in the same boat never messed with cfls! I tried metal halide and I can assure you it didn’t go well at all! Lol

I tried large cfls for a little bit, but I couldnt deal with their heat either... one of the reasons I went to LED.
And yes, I use a lot of molasses, but other than what I mentioned, I really don't give any other nutrients in my LOS grow. And yes, adding a cup or so of good hot compost from the pile would be good in any AACT... some good microbes in there!

@Emilya Oh so you don't use any nutrient only natural supplements? I'm gunna make some compost tea with some malasus asap and all through my next grow :)
Yes, all of the needed nutrients have been "cooked" into my soil in the composting process, and then I also amend the soil with layers of nutrients and spikes of nutrients throughout the container for the roots to find. Technically all I need to add is water from that point on, and I also create actively aerated compost teas to create microlife that will feed on these nutrients and then supply the raw elements to the roots. Again, this is the main purpose of the sugars in the molasses... to feed those microbes until they can find the food source that they specialize in and the teas are not designed to feed the plants specifically, but the special microbes that break down the potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen and calcium needed in such large amounts during the grow.

Is there any soils out there that has all these goodies in there already? Your putting my biobizz light mix to shame haha! So next time I'll add some of my compost from the compost heap into my mix and feed with worm poop, malasus and compost tea. Next time round but would I be ok to use my nutrients aswell?

Attachments

• 15479074771188620568272949626541.jpg
    15479074771188620568272949626541.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 15479075868212088604238641478182.jpg
    15479075868212088604238641478182.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 36
  • 15479076078774891058856489801568.jpg
    15479076078774891058856489801568.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 36
First sign of nutrient burn??

Yep. Nothing horrible. You'll see that little bit of tip burn on a lot of plants here in the forum. Some will use it as an indicator of how far they can push it with their nutes. Example, keep increasing until they see that tiny tip burn then back it off just a touch from there on out.

Yep, thats the sign, that little tip burning.

Don't you hate it when you're composing a post and someone else is at the same time and they beat you to it...lol. Seems like I'm always 2nd place. Long winded and slow typist.

Back
Top Bottom