Myxo's - Coco Coir - Purple Kush - 2016

Myxomatosis

Hello and thank you for checking out!!!

So this is my very first time growing, my seeds took quite a while to arrive and during this time I decided to inform myself as much as possible, I just got them today but I really want to do this right and accept all your comments and help from the beginning, so here I am posting from day 1 germination.

Info:

Crop King Seeds Purple Kush.
Indoor Grow on CFLs (2-42 W bulbs to start).
Coco Coir/Perlite medium (70/30).
2 Gal Pots.
Costa Rican tropical temperature (around 21 to 27 degrees Celsius or 70 to 81 degrees Fahrenheit).
Flora Nova Grow/Bloom.
2 plants only the reason for this is that since it's my very first grow want to focus on quality and not quantity.

Like I said before, the seeds took quite a bit to get here (Costa Rica). Crop King Seeds re-shipped them because the package was intercepted the fist time at the CAN/US border. The second time the seeds came directly to CR and they successfully arrived in 3 weeks (Sep 1-Sep 23).

Purple Kush is a very interesting strain, in my opinion. 100% Indica, cross between Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani,some pleaple say is easy to grow, the harvest time is aprox 8 weeks, it gets PURPLE under fresh-cool temps during flowering but most important, its THC percentage is very very high 17-22 or 25.

Day 1 Germination

I left the seeds in glass with destiled water for about 19 hrs. One of them sanked to the bottom after an hour and it took about 3 hours to the other one to do so. Then transferred them over to a moist paper towel. I see no tap root or cracks on any of them yet, will keep on checking moisture and progress...

WhatsApp_Image_2016-09-23_at_11_08_59_PM.jpeg

WhatsApp_Image_2016-09-24_at_6_20_46_PM.jpeg

Thanks for joining bro! Will definitelly get more light soon. I'm following a tutorial on coco and CFLs from ------------.com and I'm trying to stick to it as much as possible, they recommend 2 42W CFLs per plant. I'll go for a few more tomorrow. Also the place were I'm going to grow is very iluminated during the day so I think that will help.

Talking about light, just finished an adjustable light stand made of PVC, hopefully that will give me more control of the lights.

WhatsApp_Image_2016-09-24_at_8_21_12_PM.jpeg

Thanks for joining bro! Will definitelly get more light soon. I'm following a tutorial on coco and CFLs from ------------.com and I'm trying to stick to it as much as possible, they recommend 2 42W CFLs per plant. I'll go for a few more tomorrow. Also the place were I'm going to grow is very iluminated during the day so I think that will help.

Talking about light, just finished an adjustable light stand made of PVC, hopefully that will give me more control of the lights.

That light stand is slick! Well done!

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

OK so it is time for an update. Is been 72 hrs since the germination started, I was expecting a much quicker progress though. Both seeds show a vertical crack, in one of them the tap root is beginning to make its way out . .

Something I noticed when zooming for the pics is that there seem to be 2 layers of hard skin... which makes me think that the shell is hard and the tap root needs to grow strong enough to brake those 2 layers all the way out. Very interesting, now I understand why they are taking so long.

420-magazine-mobile179601127.jpg

420-magazine-mobile875157039.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey, you have my attention. Growing with some CFLs in coco as well and I'd like to see where yours is going. Cheers and best of luck.
Great! Thanks for stopping by! Now you have my interest too. CFL and coco is a nice combo for new growers. Just checked yours and is just a few weeks ahead .. Will definitely keep in touch .

Great! Thanks for stopping by! Now you have my interest too. CFL and coco is a nice combo for new growers. Just checked yours and is just a few weeks ahead .. Will definitely keep in touch .

Unfortunately I had a bit of a hiccup with my two sour diesels and I think it was the result of a combination of over watering the seedlings and leaving water droplets on them which I read can cause some burning issues from the lights and or nutrients in the water. I wish I could go back and not water them so much and just be patient but I can't so I'll just remind you to fight the urge if you have it :)

Unfortunately I had a bit of a hiccup with my two sour diesels and I think it was the result of a combination of over watering the seedlings and leaving water droplets on them which I read can cause some burning issues from the lights and or nutrients in the water. I wish I could go back and not water them so much and just be patient but I can't so I'll just remind you to fight the urge if you have it :)
Good to know... well sorry to hear though but is good to know that actually happens. Seedlings are quite sensitive, I will try to be carefull with the watering and no nutes for the first 2 weeks, maybe a just a little cal/mag.

Hi Mixomatosis, just passing by and I thought I'd say welcome to the forums. I see you've met a few of our intrepid growers already. For germinating seeds I like to scrape the seeds with a fine grit sandpaper to allow moisture to infiltrate. It also help the tap root to break the already weakened shell, IMO that is... :) just keep them moist and warm and you'll get those germinated very soon. Consider me subbed...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I have heard of that sandpaper trick. Like lining a prescription bottle in sand paper and shaking the seeds around.

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

That's a great idea. Subbed ! And good luck !!

Hi Mixomatosis, just passing by and I thought I'd say welcome to the forums. I see you've met a few of our intrepid growers already. For germinating seeds I like to scrape the seeds with a fine grit sandpaper to allow moisture to infiltrate. It also help the tap root to break the already weakened shell, IMO that is... :) just keep them moist and warm and you'll get those germinated very soon. Consider me subbed...

KiG :green_heart:cheers
Thanks for taking the time bro! It makes so much sense I wish I would have known that before... I got 7 seeds so will so that next time for sure because these 2 are already breaking and don't want to harm the little tap root showing up.

Back
Top Bottom