MzSiroz - Soil - CFL - Indoor - Critical & Candy

Haha good going I'll join in :)) still a noob so wanna watch as much as I can :p

Suppose the stretch u could put more soil to over it a bit or would be good for LST? Just my 2 cents :ganjamon:

:slide: Only effective if you imagine me sliding as Jackson over here, LoL will be joining this one too. Looking great :popcorn:

Thank you both for joining. I accept 2 cents all time yoji.

Critical and Candy Day 11 Update

Temp: Average over the last 4 days 86F
Humidity: Average over the last 4 days 65%
Feeding: Yesterday both Critical and Candy received 150 ml of ph'd 6.5 water
Lighting: 12/12. I took out the extra CFL over Candy because she began curling again.

First up is Critical. No complaints or questions about her so far. She coming along just fine
critical11.png

Candy she is acting up, Ok! I didn't raise her to be like this! She wanna stand all tall and now she wanna curl her arms under like she wanna fight somebody. She betta get it together Ok! (two snaps). Just kidding, I truly don't know what's making her curl back under so I took out the extra CFL today. I will examine her tomorrow and see if it made a difference.
candy11.png

Hey MzSiroz!

Nice little girls! As a newbie i'm curious about the 12/12 from start to finish.
have you ever tried it? When should they go into flowering? Any Idea?
As im at the same stage, i will probably come by in the future to say High hehe!

Good grow! :Namaste:

According to my research about the 12/12 cycle, many people have plants finishing 11-12 weeks from seed. Type 12/12 from seed in YouTube and you will see. All plants flower when they're ready, but most say at 4-5weeks. Thanks for coming to my journal.

Cannabis Indica and Sativa flowers according to light cycles and will stay in veg as long as it's given about 18 hours of light per day. When the lights are cut back to 12/12, the plant believes winter is on it's way and it will trigger flowering to preserve the species before it dies.

Auto-flowering strains are different. They flower according to time cycles and not according to light cycles. To get an auto-flower, the Indica/Sativa/hybrid is crossed with a Ruderalis. Ruderalis has no THC but has the auto-flowering trait. Because autos will flower based on time and not light, they can be vegged and flowered under virtually any light cycle.

While vegging under 12/12 saves some money, one of the "keys" to getting the best cannabis is to get as much light on the plant as possible. So, the real benefit, IMHO, is that you can flower an auto under 24/7 or 18/6 etc. and this means it's possible to flower an auto in the veg tent, which can save some space in the flower tent and provide a quick harvest while seedlings & clones are still vegging.

Non-autos, if started 12/12 from seed, will take about 3-4 weeks to start flowering, once it reaches "sexual maturity". Prior to that, the plants are better off with more light.

Cannabis Indica and Sativa flowers according to light cycles and will stay in veg as long as it's given about 18 hours of light per day. When the lights are cut back to 12/12, the plant believes winter is on it's way and it will trigger flowering to preserve the species before it dies.

Auto-flowering strains are different. They flower according to time cycles and not according to light cycles. To get an auto-flower, the Indica/Sativa/hybrid is crossed with a Ruderalis. Ruderalis has no THC but has the auto-flowering trait. Because autos will flower based on time and not light, they can be vegged and flowered under virtually any light cycle.

While vegging under 12/12 saves some money, one of the "keys" to getting the best cannabis is to get as much light on the plant as possible. So, the real benefit, IMHO, is that you can flower an auto under 24/7 or 18/6 etc. and this means it's possible to flower an auto in the veg tent, which can save some space in the flower tent and provide a quick harvest while seedlings & clones are still vegging.

Non-autos, if started 12/12 from seed, will take about 3-4 weeks to start flowering, once it reaches "sexual maturity". Prior to that, the plants are better off with more light.

Thank you Mr.Krip for taking time to give us that valuable information. Truly appreciate it!

Critical and Candy Day 11 Update

Temp: Average over the last 4 days 86F
Humidity: Average over the last 4 days 65%
Feeding: Yesterday both Critical and Candy received 150 ml of ph'd 6.5 water
Lighting: 12/12. I took out the extra CFL over Candy because she began curling again.

First up is Critical. No complaints or questions about her so far. She coming along just fine
critical11.png

Candy she is acting up, Ok! I didn't raise her to be like this! She wanna stand all tall and now she wanna curl her arms under like she wanna fight somebody. She betta get it together Ok! (two snaps). Just kidding, I truly don't know what's making her curl back under so I took out the extra CFL today. I will examine her tomorrow and see if it made a difference.
candy11.png

The only thing that i can make from the pic is maybe heat stress or low/high humidity, air circulation, or minor root problem maybe from too much water when it popped out from soil.

But you know i'm noob too so better wait for an experienced advice:high-five:

Jumping in Ms.Siroz, glad you are back at it again!

It can be low humidity, too much constant water with no dry, or even just a little freakishness to cause a seedling to do that. Mostly it will go away on its own just watch that it doesn't worsen!

PH and light intensity as well?

The only thing that i can make from the pic is maybe heat stress or low/high humidity, air circulation, or minor root problem maybe from too much water when it popped out from soil.

But you know i'm noob too so better wait for an experienced advice:high-five:

Jumping in Ms.Siroz, glad you are back at it again!

It can be low humidity, too much constant water with no dry, or even just a little freakishness to cause a seedling to do that. Mostly it will go away on its own just watch that it doesn't worsen!

PH and light intensity as well?
Thank you all for your input. If I don't make an update today I will definitely have one in by tomorrow. I will be able to give you a better update then. Based on what Shiggity said, it might be the lack of a dry spell. I really have a hard time watering seedlings and I think I might have had too much water in there from germinating in the soil.

Hope all is well, and you're just away for the long weekend...

:)

:circle-of-love:

Yes. RTK! We went to stay with some family with central air for a while. It was too hot for my husband, who has COPD, to stay in our house. Our one air conditioner could not handle above 100 temps and it was causing him to have too many breathing attacks, but I am back and thanks for checking on me.

Hi! I'm a noob and have been lurking on this site for awhile. Hope you don't mind if I come along for the ride since I'm doing some growing right now...

Hey Willysmom, I'm definitely glad to have you along for the ride. Noobs gotta look out for each other right? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Critical and Candy Day 24 Update

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait. I was hoping to be able to update more frequently, but family comes first. Gotta make sure my husband is alright. The heat is not his friend at all and we had to move around for a while. Fortunately my plants were able to handle the heat. I was able to come to and fro to check on them.

Temp: while we were away I moved the air conditioner closer to the plant room (its portable). therefore, the temps never got above 92F

Humidity: stayed beteween 45% and 65%, but there were some peaks at 80% when I had to close the tent overnight.

Feeding: Critical got her first dose of nutrients yesterday .25ml of Fox Farm Big Bloom and .25ml of Earth Juice Molasses for plant to liter of water. I gave her 500ml of that mix. Candy received 250ml of water. Both feeding were ph'd to 6.5

First up is Critical. She started receiving ponytail training yesterday. She seems to be coming along fine. I was thinking about topping her, but since we had to leave the house for a while I decided not to do it because I wouldn't have a close eye on her. overprotective mama here!

critical24-2.png

critical24-3.png

critical24.png

Candy, as you all know had some struggles in the beginning, but she is coming along slowly, but surely. About 5 days ago, I came to check on the plants and she was laying prostrate on the dirt. She must have praying for me to come and save her, which I did. I propped her up and put some dirt around her. She is still behind Critical, but that doesn't bother me because she is still growing.

candy24_-_Copy.png

candy24-2_-_Copy.png

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom