N420 Bubbles Black Sugar Canadian Comparative Grow

Looking sweet N . Nice shade of green. Ladies look spot on. Enjoy your weekend. Magic
Thanks Magic. Sorry for the late reply had a busy weekend and just saw this comment now. Ya the Bs is just chugging along probably about due for a res change hoping to do an update in a bit on both of my journals.

Nice healthy seedlings! Sorry about the light fiasco :hookah:
Thank you Hutch quite happy with these at the moment been a little slow going but I'm ok with that my other plants have kept me busy. All good on the light thing just a case of bad English on my part.

Hey 420 day 19 today and it's time for a rez change. They have been on the same mix of 1ml per liter since they were put in the buckets as babies. I've noticed some light green growth over the last few days these girls are hungry. I'm going to raise the next feed to 2ml per liter and will add some Calmag to the next bucket.

I filled the buckets last night and was going to mix the nutes in them tonight. I left them out for the chlorine to evaporate off because I'm using tap water and I got to thinking if this is even necessary. Do you guys think it's anything to be concerned about?

20200129_202519.jpg
20200129_202503.jpg
20200129_200843.jpg
20200129_200649.jpg
20200129_200642.jpg
20200129_200803.jpg
20200129_200737.jpg

Attachments

• 20200129_200803.jpg
    20200129_200803.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 32
Hey 420 day 19 today and it's time for a rez change. They have been on the same mix of 1ml per liter since they were put in the buckets as babies. I've noticed some light green growth over the last few days these girls are hungry. I'm going to raise the next feed to 2ml per liter and will add some Calmag to the next bucket.

I filled the buckets last night and was going to mix the nutes in them tonight. I left them out for the chlorine to evaporate off because I'm using tap water and I got to thinking if this is even necessary. Do you guys think it's anything to be concerned about?

Was going to suggest a MegaCrop dosage....ha ha...but your not using MegaCrop....lil case of cerebral vapor lock there.

I left them out for the chlorine to evaporate off because I'm using tap water and I got to thinking if this is even necessary.
Chlorine doesn't hurt plants in Promix or soil based mixes. Plants actually use some chlorine so it's OK really. You don't want to use it with a LOS grow. DWC I believe you should be OK but wait for another opinion first.

Chlorine doesn't hurt plants in Promix or soil based mixes. Plants actually use some chlorine so it's OK really. You don't want to use it with a LOS grow. DWC I believe you should be OK but wait for another opinion first.
Thanks Mr. S. I actually usually try to let my water sit out when I'm using Promix as well good to know it's not necessary. I've always left the water out for a day with my other Dwc plants so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have read that if they use Chloramine it will not evaporate off no matter how long you leave it. Maybe @Lewydeville can shed some light on the subject.

Was going to suggest a MegaCrop dosage....ha ha...but your not using MegaCrop....lil case of cerebral vapor lock there.
No crop here but it will be making a return in my perpetual journal in the next few weeks.

I always leave my top up water as well as my fresh res. water sit out for a day. I run a bubble stone in it as well. This off gasses what ever can, it oxygenates the water and it brings the temp. closer to whats in the res. at the moment. Also helps with the low humidity I fight all winter. :ganjamon:

Thanks Mr. S. I actually usually try to let my water sit out when I'm using Promix as well good to know it's not necessary. I've always left the water out for a day with my other Dwc plants so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have read that if they use Chloramine it will not evaporate off no matter how long you leave it. Maybe @Lewydeville can shed some light on the subject.
Sorry N I totally missed this post. I leave my water to sit bubbling for 24 hours so the chlorine evaporates but only because I use beneficial bacteria to keep the roots happy and think chlorine would kill them off. When I’ve used H2O2 I didn’t worry about using water straight out of the tap and it never made any difference to the plants. Looking great as always mate.

Sorry N I totally missed this post. I leave my water to sit bubbling for 24 hours so the chlorine evaporates but only because I use beneficial bacteria to keep the roots happy and think chlorine would kill them off. When I’ve used H2O2 I didn’t worry about using water straight out of the tap and it never made any difference to the plants. Looking great as always mate.
Thanks Lew! No worries on the late reply. I don't bubble my water just let it sit for a day but you and @bluenoserjoe both mentioned that so I think I should pick up another air pump so I can do that. I don't run any beneficial bacteria just Z9 not sure what's in it but it keeps the water clean and the roots white it's kinda like watered down dish soap and a foams a little when I first put it in the res. Thanks for stopping by my friend always appreciate your insight.

Thanks Lew! No worries on the late reply. I don't bubble my water just let it sit for a day but you and @bluenoserjoe both mentioned that so I think I should pick up another air pump so I can do that. I don't run any beneficial bacteria just Z9 not sure what's in it but it keeps the water clean and the roots white it's kinda like watered down dish soap and a foams a little when I first put it in the res. Thanks for stopping by my friend always appreciate your insight.
I’m pretty certain Z9 is your beneficial bacteria but I’ve never used it so double check but it sounds exactly the same as the stuff I use.

I’m pretty certain Z9 is your beneficial bacteria but I’ve never used it so double check but it sounds exactly the same as the stuff I use.
Funny enough I was just looking at the bottle cause I'm mixing up my res for the girls in the flower tent. They call it a natural cleaning agent for drip systems and a ph stabilizer and is safe to use with any plant food organic or otherwise.

Leads me to a different question I hope you can help with it's order of mixing nutes in the res.
I'm wondering the order to add Cal mag? Is it before the base nutes or after. I use a 2 part system A and B. The A has the micro and your supposed to add it first before the B according to the bottle.
Up until now I add the A then Cal mag then the B followed by anything else does this sound right to you.

I'm not sure about DWC but if any soil/soiless growers are reading it's Calmag first. If you use Protekt or any silica, that has to go in before the calmag.
Agreed. my order is Silica, Cal/Mag, part A, Part B, a bud booster when called for then for me it is Sparkle. Let it sit with an air stone for an hour or so before ph'ing.

Agreed. my order is Silica, Cal/Mag, part A, Part B, a bud booster when called for then for me it is Sparkle. Let it sit with an air stone for an hour or so before ph'ing.
I'm not sure about DWC but if any soil/soiless growers are reading it's Calmag first. If you use Protekt or any silica, that has to go in before the calmag.
Thanks alot guys gonna switch it up on this new res and add the Cal mag first followed by the base then the bud booster.

Back with a quick update. The girls greened up nicely after the res change and I'm happy with the current food mix in the buckets. This morning I checked on them and they were looking a bit droopy especially Bs1
20200202_114811.jpg
20200202_114805.jpg

I pulled the net pots to have a look and the roots were brown
20200202_114900.jpg
20200202_114839.jpg

My ph had also risen to 6.3 so I added a few drops of ph down to get it back to 5.7 and threw some Z9 into the bucket to get those roots nice and white again. We will see how they do over the next little while.

Back
Top Bottom