N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Congrats on the harvest. Those buds look nice and chunky too. Top job
Thanks appreciate it, and thanks for stopping by to check out my journal.

This run went pretty smoothly, these ladies definitely put out some nice chunky buds, very happy grower over here!

Thanks appreciate it, and thanks for stopping by to check out my journal.

This run went pretty smoothly, these ladies definitely put out some nice chunky buds, very happy grower over here!
It’s a pretty cool feeling when all the bud jars are full. Awesome man

Hey Everyone, thought I would stop by and give a quick update on the dry/ curing!

Put the second round of harvesting into the turkey bag a few days ago, after the first 24 hrs the reading from the hydrometer in the bag was 58%. Over the last few days it’s risen to 60%, I prefer it to go into the bag a bit wetter and slowly be brought down to 62%, so I’ve over dried it a bit:rolleyes:

On the other hand the first round of trimming has been in the bag for about 2 weeks and is holding steady at about 65% rh, too wet to be put into jars just yet.

I decided to combine the 2 bags together into 1 bag to try and get the rh in the 62-63% range, thinking the wetter first stuff will hydrate the drier stuff.

Here is a pic of the bag with a regular size mason jar for scale.

That's pretty clever N420! And that's a lotta' weed! :Rasta:

That's pretty clever N420! And that's a lotta' weed! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB, it should work but only time will tell!

I gotta say I’d be pretty happy if Santa showed up with a sack like that slung over his shoulder lol.

Great bags o'mighty!

If the bags are airtight and the amounts are similar they should meet in the middle. My bags are pretty porous (dunno if it's age or they always were) so I double bag if the outside air is very different from where I want the buds to go.
Thanks Shed.

I think my bags are pretty well sealed, it seems to take awhile for the Rh to drop. Although I am relying on the accuracy of the hydrometers in the bag… one is reading 63% and the other is reading 65% 🤷‍♂️
I picked up some batteries today for my hydrometers they are all dead with the exception of the 2 I have in the bag. Thinking I’ll get a couple more going and set them outside of the bag to find some with the same readings to cover my bases.

The air outside the bag is sitting at 55%.

Congrats on the finish line!

Impressive Hefty bag there Fillmo Baggins 💍

Hey, everyone it’s time for the final update and weight of the Planet of the Grapes!

Before we get to the final weight let’s do a quick refresher on the now harvested ladies.

I grew 3 plants in Pro Mix in 5 gallon pots for flowering. They were fed Flora Flex nutrients by hand watering to start, eventually switching to my watering system around the 3rd week of flower.
As far as training I used the quadline method, it was only the second time using that training technique, it worked out wonderfully!

The buds in the bag o plenty did settle into an rh of 63% and were put into jars last night!

988AF744-D52F-490D-A705-F19EB0520ADF.jpeg

Now onto the final weights!

Planet of the Grapes

804 grams!
which comes out to 1.7 pounds!

Not as high of a yield as I initially thought and didn’t beat my previous best of just over 2 pounds but that run was 5 plants and this run was only 3. So all in all very happy with how this run came out!

This stuff smells so nice, kinda gassy with some fruity undertones and definitely is still getting me nicely toasted when I smoke it.

That’s gonna wrap this grow up. As far as future plans I’m going to be shutting down the grow until the fall, will probably start back up around October. Until then I’ll still be making my rounds around the site, hopefully with a bit more frequency then I have been recently.

Happy Growing Everyone!

Hey, everyone it’s time for the final update and weight of the Planet of the Grapes!

Before we get to the final weight let’s do a quick refresher on the now harvested ladies.

I grew 3 plants in Pro Mix in 5 gallon pots for flowering. They were fed Flora Flex nutrients by hand watering to start, eventually switching to my watering system around the 3rd week of flower.
As far as training I used the quadline method, it was only the second time using that training technique, it worked out wonderfully!

The buds in the bag o plenty did settle into an rh of 63% and were put into jars last night!

Planet of the Grapes

804 grams!

Not as high of a yield as I initially thought and didn’t beat my previous best of just over 2 pounds but that run was 5 plants and this run was only 3. So all in all very happy with how this run came out!

This stuff smells so nice, kinda gassy with some fruity undertones and definitely is still getting me nicely toasted when I smoke it.

That’s gonna wrap this grow up. As far as future plans I’m going to be shutting down the grow until the fall, will probably start back up around October. Until then I’ll still be making my rounds around the site, hopefully with a bit more frequency then I have been recently.

Happy Growing Everyone!
Oh Hells ya those look delicious....but why are those front jars so dark?

Oh Hells ya those look delicious....but why are those front jars so dark?
Thanks Bvb! They are pretty darn tasty!

I got a few of those darker jars a couple of years ago because the clear one’s were sold out everywhere and
those were the only ones I could find. I like them kinda wish I had a few more, it keeps the buds in the dark no matter where you store them!

What a great haul N, and the frost on those nugs is sweet! :welldone:
Planet of the Grapes
804 grams! which comes out to 1.7 pounds!
That makes your planet bigger than Pluto! Maybe yours can replace it. :)
didn’t beat my previous best of just over 2 pounds but that run was 5 plants and this run was only 3.
1.7lbs from 3 plants sounds to me like it beats just over 2lbs from 5 plants, but I learned the "new math" back in the late 60s so what do I know. :laugh:

What a great haul N, and the frost on those nugs is sweet! :welldone:
Thanks Shed! I’m pretty happy overall with the haul and the quality of the buds, it should keep the Mrs. and I stocked up for a while!
7lbs from 3 plants sounds to me like it beats just over 2lbs from 5 plants, but I learned the "new math" back in the late 60s so what do I know. :laugh:
I think my math from the above post proves I’m bad at math new or old lol.
I was comparing total yield and initially thought the Planet of the grapes run looked like more when I was burning the buds in the bag. It was a pretty lofty goal I set out for myself to try to beat my current best with only 3 plants but I honestly have absolutely nothing to complain about!

Hey Everyone, thought I would stop by and give a quick update on the dry/ curing!

Put the second round of harvesting into the turkey bag a few days ago, after the first 24 hrs the reading from the hydrometer in the bag was 58%. Over the last few days it’s risen to 60%, I prefer it to go into the bag a bit wetter and slowly be brought down to 62%, so I’ve over dried it a bit:rolleyes:

On the other hand the first round of trimming has been in the bag for about 2 weeks and is holding steady at about 65% rh, too wet to be put into jars just yet.

I decided to combine the 2 bags together into 1 bag to try and get the rh in the 62-63% range, thinking the wetter first stuff will hydrate the drier stuff.

Here is a pic of the bag with a regular size mason jar for scale.

Congrats man bag looks hench :thumb:

Planet of the Grapes

804 grams!

Happy Growing Everyone!
Amazing harvest congrats. Those buds look beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom