N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Is this your first winter in the garage/tent N4? I learned that when I vented my tent, which was in my house, into the garage, mold likes to grow. Of course being the winter I had no reason to go in there, but when I did I got a fuzzy warm feeling.
My garage sounds identical to yours. Attached to the house, only half insulated(the part that actually joins a room inside) and for the most part quite cold.

Is this your first winter in the garage/tent N4? I learned that when I vented my tent, which was in my house, into the garage, mold likes to grow. Of course being the winter I had no reason to go in there, but when I did I got a fuzzy warm feeling.
My garage sounds identical to yours. Attached to the house, only half insulated(the part that actually joins a room inside) and for the most part quite cold.
This is the second winter growing in this garage the first one was my very first go at growing in a tent. Last year I had just one light in the tent and had to use a heater even with lights on. This year I have 2 lights in the tent so during lights on the temps are fine lights out is the only time there is an issue. Your garage does sound just like mine. When I cut a hole in the wall to vent my ducting outside I could see all the way up to the second floor and there was no insulation. I'm sure it's on the side of the garage that shares the wall with the house.

When I cut a hole in the wall to vent my ducting outside I could see all the way up to the second floor and there was no insulation. I'm sure it's on the side of the garage that shares the wall with the house.
Mucher smart than what I did :rolleyes:

We don't get near that cold, but when it's down in the high 40s at night it's only about 55º in the shed...too cold to keep flowering plants happy!

This year the lights will be on all night. No flipping until the weather changes.
That is one of the reasons for next winter I'm probably going to run some auto's so I don't have a dark period.

Mucher smart than what I did :rolleyes:
I learned kinda by accident when my duct fell off that venting into my garage made my humidity go through the roof and the window in there started to sweat pretty bad. My concern was I store a bunch of stuff in the garage as well and was concerned with all the humid air I would wreck things so that's why I pump it straight out side. It's kinda noisy with the fan blowing out a vent on the side of the house but the neighbors know what's going on and they really don't mind they are smoker's too.

Hey everyone hope your enjoying their evening have an update tonight so let's get started.

I was mentioning an issue with low temps during lights out after monitoring things for a couple of days temps were getting down to 58 degrees to cold for the plants so I've come up with a solution I hope lol. I bought a low wattage heater it only draws 200 watts my plan is to have it in the tent hooked up to my inkbird controller to keep the temps up around 65. I just put it in tonight when the lights came on but we should be ready to go for tomorrow morning after the lights go off.
It's called the heat bud kinda a funny name considering what I'm using it for.
Put a piece of foil tape over the little red light on it so we have no light issues

Have seen a few minor deficiencies near the tops of the plants. I have bumped things up the last watering to 13.5g/8 liters. I have also noticed some of the older leaves near the bottom yellowing and falling off not sure if that's from not getting enough light or what. Overall the plants do have a nice healthy green color and are generally quite healthy. Not sure if I should continue to raise the feed or not.

Couple of pics of what I'm seeing first is the location where I'm seeing it.

And a couple of close up

While I was talking pics of the deficiencies I took a couple of them out of the tent gotta say I'm quite happy with how these plants are turning out.
From the top

This plant is a beast it's almost as wide as my entry hall!
From above

We are 9 days since the flip and we have some little buds forming.

You are acing this matey. looking brilliant and healthy. tips look like nute burn maybe. I understand mc is strong and upping dosage is an edgy move ?. All in all they look grand though. nice job.

This is the second winter growing in this garage the first one was my very first go at growing in a tent. Last year I had just one light in the tent and had to use a heater even with lights on. This year I have 2 lights in the tent so during lights on the temps are fine lights out is the only time there is an issue. Your garage does sound just like mine. When I cut a hole in the wall to vent my ducting outside I could see all the way up to the second floor and there was no insulation. I'm sure it's on the side of the garage that shares the wall with the house.
make an insulated box as I have with that cheap bubble foil insulation N. it works really well my end and my loft temp drops rapidly at night as it has been in the day too. The boxed in section doesnt allow transfer from the colder into the tent at all. it has been a eureka moment for me as this has been my biggest worry going from hps amd losing heat there too. I use a greenhouse tubular heater that keeps the temp from getting too low and there is no heat from the tent until u unzip it and feel the obvious difference. Cannot sing this cheap stuffs praises enough. I imagine that a better quality version or doubling up on it would be even more thermic solving . Just a thought.

You are acing this matey. looking brilliant and healthy. tips look like nute burn maybe. I understand mc is strong and upping dosage is an edgy move ?. All in all they look grand though. nice job.
Thanks Gg appreciate it buddy! I've had a few issues with the switch to Mega Crop all my doing with wrong mixing ratios got it sorted now though. These seem to be some hungry plants even though I'm at the top end of the feed they seem to want more. I think with the current bump in nutes we should be good.

make an insulated box as I have with that cheap bubble foil insulation N. it works really well my end and my loft temp drops rapidly at night as it has been in the day too. The boxed in section doesnt allow transfer from the colder into the tent at all. it has been a eureka moment for me as this has been my biggest worry going from hps amd losing heat there too. I use a greenhouse tubular heater that keeps the temp from getting too low and there is no heat from the tent until u unzip it and feel the obvious difference. Cannot sing this cheap stuffs praises enough. I imagine that a better quality version or doubling up on it would be even more thermic solving . Just a thought.
That's a good suggestion Gg may be something worth looking into. After a couple of days with my little heater in the tent it seems to be holding steady where I want it the inkbird controller with the heater has been a great combo so the heater isn't constantly running and the heater being low wattage I'm not pushing the limits of my power usage.

Hey 420 fam I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I don't have an update on the Gz today but I do have the next 2 strains I'm going to run and I should be dropping seeds tomorrow.

First Up..

BLUEBERRY OG™

Blending two of the worlds most distinguished strains and reproducing the best characteristics from both these noble genetics was a complex assignment. In BLUEBERRY OG™ - we have succeeded in creating a strain with the classic Indica power of the Blueberry plant with the rich psychoactive backbone of the infamous OG Kush.

This upscale highly rewarding hybrid will leave any grower breathless. Huge colas of packed buds develop on the maturing plant. A rich fragrance of sweet citrus and musk flood from every harvest. The plant grows medium height with many rewarding side branches allowing for a harvest up to 700gr/m2.

SPECIFICATION
Type Feminised
Photoperiod Normal
Cultivation Indoor/outdoor
Characterisics .
Genetics BlueBerry x OG Kush
Effect Uplifting, Cerebral, Euphoria, Giggles, Body- Mind Relaxation, Sedation
Outdoor Yield (g)up to 1000
Indoor Yield (g)up to 600-700 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days) 55
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month October
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week 2nd-3rd week
Cannabinoid Content High
Height (cm) 100cm
Height Medium
Indica % 70%
Sativa % 30%
Indica/Sativa Mostly Indica
Medical Level High
Medical Yes
Taste Blueberry, Musky, Citrus, Pine, Rich
Aroma Lemon, Pine, Orange
Resistance to Mold (5=Best) 4
Resistance Against Botrytis (5=Best) 4
Resistance to Powdery Mildew (5=Best) 4
Resistance to Spider Mite (5=Best) 4
Ideal Pot Size 20ltr
Climate Cool, Hot & Temperate
Stability Stable
Grow Difficulty (1=Easy, 5=Hard)

Next Up...

PHANTOM OG™

PHANTOM OG™ was created by crossing the Sativa dominant Phantom Cookies with OG Kush, this produced a strain with huge advantages. The Sativa dominant hybrid not only has a short flowering period, but a much higher yield and higher cannabinoid levels, while keeping the Phantom Cookies unique colours and its flavours of walnut and wild berry.

PHANTOM OG™ grows to 1.2 meters indoors and easily to 1.50 meters outdoors with flowers rapidly growing to excellence in just 55 to 65 days. Production is enormous! With a crop of purple hued delicious nutty bud that releases a warm cerebral high and comforting stone effect.

SPECIFICATION
Type Feminised
Photoperiod Normal
Cultivation Indoor/outdoor
Characterisics .
Genetics Phantom Cookies x OG Kush
Effect Giggles, Uplifting, Euphoric, Inspired, Motivated
Outdoor Yield (g)up to 650
Flowering Time (days) 55 - 65
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month October
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week 2nd-3rd week
Cannabinoid Content High
Height (cm) 120-130cm
Height Indoor (cm) 120cm
Height Outdoor (cm) 150cm
Height Tall
Indica % 45%
Sativa % 55%
Indica/Sativa Mostly Sativa
Medical Level Medium
Medical Yes
Taste Walnut, Wild Berry, Citrus, Sweet
Aroma Lemony Pine, Minty Earth
Resistance to Mold (5=Best) 3
Resistance Against Botrytis (5=Best) 5
Resistance Against Cold (5=Best) 5
Resistance to Powdery Mildew (5=Best) 3
Resistance to Spider Mite (5=Best) 3
Grow Difficulty (1=Easy, 5=Hard)

Looking forward to these 2 strains I picked Blueberry Og because I am a big fan of sweet tasting strains and the taste of blueberry combined with Og kush should be a great combo. I picked Phantom Og because I have seen some pretty awsome plants grown here on 420 and from what I have seen it's a great yielder and it's a bit of a different flavor then the sweet strains I normally run.

Now here is the part that has me both excited and nervous at the same time. After having good success with Pro mix and fabric pots I have decided to try a growing style that I always wanted to try and that is...
20191116_134700.jpg
20191116_134654.jpg

Dwc! I am going to jump into the deep end and do 4 buckets. 3 with 6 inch net pots and one with an 8 inch net pot. The reason for the 8 inch is I'm going to use the Gh farm kit with that one which is basically a top drip system that is run by the air pump. The idea is it will give one of the plants a top feed for the first few weeks until it has roots into the bucket from the reading I have done it supposed to make the transition easier and quicker for the plant. If the top drip works well I will get them for the other buckets.

I am going to run Advanced Nutrients seni a +b for my nutes because I still have them from the switch to Mega Crop and don't want them to go to waste. I will also use Advanced senziym for my enzyme and Voodoo juice for my root inoculate again because I have them so I might as well use them.

The plant is to soak my seeds for 18-24 hrs then plant them in rockwool cubes after soaking the cubes in ph balanced water ph'd to 5.5. This is the part that is different for me as I have always done the paper towel method with great success but have no experience with rockwool or hydro growing at all. I'm hoping @Pennywise can shed some light on things as I will probably need all the help I can get.

You understand wrong GG. I've given full flower strength feed to an auto just showing pistils to no ill effect. Some overfed plants show a bit of tip burn, but unless you're using additives as well, it's much milder than most nutes.
Thanks shed. another fear resolved for me too. Mrs GG dragging her heels a bit on the £70 outlay on more nutes after the £150 on the soil and amendments. I pulled the trigger on buying it , she had removed the bullets from the gun.!!!!. Working on softening her and soaking her in tissue wont do it !. lol

Dwc can be great of set up right from the off. All about the res/bucket health. hydroguard saved my ass agyer not having a clue about temps/bennies ect. I got some brilliant support here that saved my crop with a great result . I did mine recirculating and had some disasters with buckets over filling from roots finding the outlets. Brilliant medium and bloody fast growth. great to fix issues quickly too. Penny is a pro as are many here. you will sail it if you give it a go.

Any questions just ask. Dwc can pay off big.
Thanks Penny appreciate you being here. My first question is to do with the germination of the seeds. I was going to soak them in a cup of water for 24hrs then put them in rockwool cubes ph'd to 5.5. After they are in the cubes I was going to put them into a humidity dome then into the dark does that sound right to you.

Dwc can be great of set up right from the off. All about the res/bucket health. hydroguard saved my ass agyer not having a clue about temps/bennies ect. I got some brilliant support here that saved my crop with a great result . I did mine recirculating and had some disasters with buckets over filling from roots finding the outlets. Brilliant medium and bloody fast growth. great to fix issues quickly too. Penny is a pro as are many here. you will sail it if you give it a go.
Thanks Gg! I done some reading but have no actual experience with hydro but I have heard it can be great if things are dialed in. probably gonna lean on you guys quite a bit for help but that's what's so great about this site so many helpful members with lots of experience.

Thanks shed. another fear resolved for me too. Mrs GG dragging her heels a bit on the £70 outlay on more nutes after the £150 on the soil and amendments. I pulled the trigger on buying it , she had removed the bullets from the gun.!!!!. Working on softening her and soaking her in tissue wont do it !. lol
Haha yup Mrs. N kinda rolled her eyes when I wanted to try hydro. She said why would you do that when you know how to do the Pro Mix. It's an addiction dear I have to lol.

Back
Top Bottom