N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Wow. Just wow wow those girls in Veg. And @N420 , I never do a wow wow..lol..i respect that veg/training. You have me amped to stepmy game up for sure.
Fantastic job you are doing brother. Hope all is well my friend

:passitleft:
Thanks Sparkey you are too kind. This is the first time I have done this much lst in the past I would let them go more natural with light training. I have been very happy with the results. As I went through veg I would just do slight adjustments to the ties trying to get the mains below the topping site to let the lower stuff catch up. I also think trimming the fan leaves helped as well to get the lower undeveloped growth alot more light which made them alot stronger. You can't even tell now that I took anything. Thanks for stopping by we will see you later bro.
Oof! Slow or not I hope it's a nice tall home :).
The flower tent is 6.5 feet so I hope it works out not sure how much they will stretch. The amount of time I have left does make me a little nervous so I hope they just keep going slow and steady.

Hey 420
Welcome to Cooking With Cannabis Staring N420. Lol

I'm just trying to make some cannabis oil for the first time found a pretty easy recipe online so I thought I would give it a shot. The recipe calls for 1 cup of cannabis and I cup of coconut oil I happened to have both on hand so here we go.
20190925_181836.jpg

It says to combine the 2 in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hrs.
20190925_182501.jpg

After a bit of convincing Mrs. N let me use her slow cooker to brew up my experiment lol. After its cooked you have to pour it through some cheese cloth to get the plant material out. We will see how it turns out.

Hey everyone I have the final product from my oil making escapade from last night. I left it in the slow cooker for 5 hrs. After that I strained it through cheese cloth twice once out of the slow cooker into a measuring cup to get rid of the plant material and a second time into the jar I'm keeping it in. I left it overnight in the jar and put it in the fridge this morning. The kinda cool thing about using coconut oil is it becomes soild kinda like butter when you put it in the fridge. I did make a small error though I had the slow cooker set to warm not low like the recipe recommended. So I'm not entirely sure it worked Mrs. N said she could try a teaspoon in her bath and see what happens. I really don't know any other way to see if it worked or not.
20190926_101948.jpg
20190926_101932.jpg

I would also like to give a huge shout out to @MrSauga for helping me yesterday to come up with a different feed schedule to deal with some deficiencies I was having and a shout out to @Virgin ground for letting me take over her journal for a bit to get some help. Thank you very much to both of you.

Looks like it did! I have no idea really, but at the very least it has to smell good!
It does smell pretty good the bath test will be the deciding factor. If it doesn't work out will try it again on the low setting on the slow cooker. My wife took a picture of what I was up to and sent it to one of her friends and she said " It better work or that's a huge waste of weed" lol.

What are the expected effects of the bath bombs? I use topical oil that is highly absorbable with a high THC content applied directly to the skin for pain. I'm curious as to what a teaspoon of coconut oil with just THCa in a bathtub of water will do.
My wife used to get them from dispensaries here before cannabis went legal here. Now that it is legal you can't get them anymore the dispensaries are only allowed to sell flower now. The bath bombs would just really relax her they would also help with pain. She had a hip replacement when she was 12 from getting bucked off her horse and now has pretty bad arthritis because of it. The recipe I followed was from a link they had in the recipe for the bath bombs and only called for a 1/4 teaspoon per bomb. So I was thinking a teaspoon in the bath may have a similar effect but I'm honestly kinda guessing.

Interesting what you can and can't buy once weed becomes legal! Was the stuff you bought before THCa or THC? I always decarb for pain oils.

Also, the word is that CBD oil taken on a regular basis will lower inflammation in the body. It doesn't work like advil, it takes time before it has an effect.
Ya the whole legal thing here is kinda a joke. They charge ridiculous prices for it and most of it is not very good.

I'm honestly not sure if it was thc a or thc never really paid to much attention as I never used the bombs myself. A friend of ours knows some that makes Cbd bath salts but Mrs. N doesn't like them as much because they don't give her the same effect as the thc bombs did.

The whole making oil is kind of a mystery to me I just saw the recipe on a reputable site and thought why not try it.

It's basically the same as what you did in the crock pot! I just made a batch of sleep meds for the father of a woman in my office with only a jar in the oven. If I had a tiny crock pot I could have used that because it was only 3 ounces of EVOO :).

Infusing oil is the same basic process whether it's bath bombs, topical pain oil, canna-butter, or oils for capsules. Decarbed weed + oil + heat + time. Agitation helps too. The oil, not yours ;).

Back
Top Bottom