N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Yay for new root babies!!

Lol, homeschooling is tough at first, but you guys will get the hang of it! Mine are boys, so a bit of a different boat, but one is very food/snack motivated - jelly beans for a task, etc. and the other is praise motivated - so gold stars, I’m proud of yous, etc. sometimes it helps get things started and less teeth have to be pulled ;) good luck and you will get it figured out in no time.

Yay for new root babies!!

Lol, homeschooling is tough at first, but you guys will get the hang of it! Mine are boys, so a bit of a different boat, but one is very food/snack motivated - jelly beans for a task, etc. and the other is praise motivated - so gold stars, I’m proud of yous, etc. sometimes it helps get things started and less teeth have to be pulled ;) good luck and you will get it figured out in no time.
Thanks Hh. We will get there with the home schooling I hoping when they get the google classroom setup she will get more intrested she is really missing her friends. Last night when I put her to bed she said I want the virus to be over we can't do anything , we can't go to the park we can't visit Grandma and Grandpa and I can't play with my best friend :( I feel bad for her she is such a social butterfly. That's a good idea about giving little rewards to get her motivated , she is really into getting a bit of money for doing things around the house we give her a dollar or 2 depending on what she does. She is saving up for this fancy doll she has had her eye on.

Hey 420 fam hope everyone is doing well this morning got a little update on the babies.

Things are moving along nicely and like I mentioned earlier both Tangiematic and Pinapple Express have roots in the res.

Purple Punch is starting to get going now. She was a little stressed after she first broke the surface so I moved her off to the side of the light for a day , soon after she was pointing herself towards the light so I moved her back.

Tangiematic is looking pretty good I noticed she had her leaves turned down slightly so I've raised the light bit. The light was at 32 inches and I've moved it up to 36 , hopefully she will pick her leaves back up.

Not much to report on Purple Lemonade she is pushing out her second set of leaves and seems happy , no roots in the res yet.

Similar story with Pinapple Express. Seems happy working on her second set of leaves , other then that not much to report.

The only issue I'm having is the res temps are a little higher then I would like sitting at 71 degrees. I'm sure it's from the bulb heating up the tops of the net pots as they are black so they are absorbing the heat. I've been adding Z9 a bit more often because I noticed a small amount of gunk on Tangie's roots.

71 with Z7 should be fine.
The temp should drop once they get a bit bigger when they shade the top of the net pots so I don't have the light beaming down directly on the pots. It's not even to warm in the tent it's sitting at 71 degrees and 56% rh.

Nice auto line up N4. I know I’m bias but I’m glad you’re going dwc for another run.:D You’re smashing it mate, everything looks great. Hope you’re well buddy.

Nice auto line up N4. I know I’m bias but I’m glad you’re going dwc for another run.:D You’re smashing it mate, everything looks great. Hope you’re well buddy.
Hey Lew! I went back and forth a bunch of times, I even have a brand new bail of Pro Mix in the garage I was so indecisive lol. In the end I was just having too much fun with Dwc growing so I thought why not give it another go. Appreciate the kind words Lew we are getting to the fun part when the roots start dangling in the water.

Hey everyone I have been doing a bit of reading about Vpd. I've seen other members on here talk about it but never really looked into it much myself. I knew the basic parameters you want to keep your environment in and I would try my best to keep it in the right range but didn't know the exact humidity numbers to aim for based on the temp in the tent. On this run I'm trying to keep my environment more dialed in keeping Vpd as more of a focus and try to hit the numbers for each stage of growth.

So with that in mind I added my inkbird temp controller to my exhaust fan to get my temps up from 71 to 75 by cycling the fan on and off and adjusted my humidifier to keep an rh of 60%. I've had the humidifier I'm using for the tent for awhile, it has a sensor that keeps track of the humidity but I wasn't using the humidifier in a space that was suitable for it's size and the sensor would end up getting condensation on it and giving incorrect readings. Now that it's in the 4x8 it's finally in a space that will work properly.

Here is the Vpd chart I found that was part of an article I read about Vpd. The article was quite informative and the chart was a simplified version of the other Vpd charts I had found.
_200425_210008_691.jpg

_200425_210013_238.jpg

The purple shows the recommended range for Vpd. For Veg you want 0.8 to 1.0. So with that in mind based on my temp I should be in the range of 65% rh and wouldn't you know it once I got my tent into that proper range the droopy looking Tangiematic pick her leaves back up and was praying to light in fact they were all praying. Anyways that's just me thinking out loud hope it wasn't too boring lol.

Saved!! It’s nice to see a chart that displays in F and that discusses room temp and humidity. No disrespect to the other charts, but I was never able to obtain leaf temperature..
I like working in farenheit when it comes to growing , here in the great white north everything is in celcius but I find farenheit is the universal system for growing and the scale I understand. The other Vpd charts have way to much info on them it makes it hard to figure out exactly where you want to be so the simplicity of this chart is exactly what I was looking for to make sense of it all.

@Archiweedies has a good thread on VPD that might be of interest:
the tops of the net pots as they are black
Duct tape!

@Archiweedies has a good thread on VPD that might be of interest:

Duct tape!
Thanks for posting the link Shed! What a great write up on Vpd. I do have one of those laser temp guns so I may mess around later today to see if I can really get things dialed in.

I've done a couple of changes in the tent as the water temp continues to be an issue, more on that in a little while.

Gonna tag along. You helped me in my journal so it's impossible not to learn anything here. :headbanger:

Hey everyone I have been doing a bit of reading about Vpd. I've seen other members on here talk about it but never really looked into it much myself. I knew the basic parameters you want to keep your environment in and I would try my best to keep it in the right range but didn't know the exact humidity numbers to aim for based on the temp in the tent. On this run I'm trying to keep my environment more dialed in keeping Vpd as more of a focus and try to hit the numbers for each stage of growth.

So with that in mind I added my inkbird temp controller to my exhaust fan to get my temps up from 71 to 75 by cycling the fan on and off and adjusted my humidifier to keep an rh of 60%. I've had the humidifier I'm using for the tent for awhile, it has a sensor that keeps track of the humidity but I wasn't using the humidifier in a space that was suitable for it's size and the sensor would end up getting condensation on it and giving incorrect readings. Now that it's in the 4x8 it's finally in a space that will work properly.

Here is the Vpd chart I found that was part of an article I read about Vpd. The article was quite informative and the chart was a simplified version of the other Vpd charts I had found.
_200425_210008_691.jpg

_200425_210013_238.jpg

The purple shows the recommended range for Vpd. For Veg you want 0.8 to 1.0. So with that in mind based on my temp I should be in the range of 65% rh and wouldn't you know it once I got my tent into that proper range the droopy looking Tangiematic pick her leaves back up and was praying to light in fact they were all praying. Anyways that's just me thinking out loud hope it wasn't too boring lol.
I marked up a VPD chart and hung it up on my closet and I check it hourly to make sure it's in the veg range.
I got the chart from @AdaminCO here it is

Attachments

• E3EC93B9-12A9-4387-B3DB-182C94215CF0.jpg
    E3EC93B9-12A9-4387-B3DB-182C94215CF0.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 14
Gonna tag along. You helped me in my journal so it's impossible not to learn anything here. :headbanger:
Happy to have you @RedZedHead! The ladies are just getting settled in and have dipped their toes in the res this is when all the fun starts! Glad I could help out any questions don't hesitate to ask if I don't know the answer some of the other great growers that hang out here will.

Morning 420! Time for a little baby update.
Couldn't remember how old they were then it donned on me these are 420 babies don't know how I forgot that, they are 10 days old today!

I have been fighting my res temps a bit they are sitting at 73 degrees so I needed to find a way to get them lower.
First thing I did was swap out the Cmh for my Led because the led produces way less radiant heat.
I have also been adding ice packs to the res and swapping them out once a day. The changes have lowered the temps in the res slightly to about 70 but I would like it a bit lower. I do have a couple of other ideas, either removing the foam mats under the tent so the buckets are sitting directly on the concrete floor or wrapping the buckets in that reflective insulation stuff which I do have on hand just not enough to do all the buckets.

Other then the temp issues everything else is going well and they seem quite happy. They all have roots in the res now the last one to reach the res was Purple Lemonade. In another week I'm hoping they are big enough to start their lst training, I'm thinking I won't top them and just pull the main stem down to get them to branch out more but we will have to wait and see.

Stay safe everyone and happy growing:Rasta:

Concrete floor Will get your temps Where you want to be I think ? ..also, check the temp in the room your tent is in ... I closed one door once thinking I was controlling odor better and it completely messed up my variables . :)

Back
Top Bottom