N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Concrete floor Will get your temps Where you want to be I think ? ..also, check the temp in the room your tent is in ... I closed one door once thinking I was controlling odor better and it completely messed up my variables . :)
I think getting them on the concrete will be the easiest thing to try to get the temps down. I'm going to give it a try when I get home from work. Lew also suggested blowing a fan across my air pump that's outside the tent as a way to lower temps as well. I got a few goopies on the Tangiematic and the Pinapple Express, it's not to bad but getting the temp a bit lower should help clear it up. I'm gonna have to check the temp in the room haven't done that yet, I usually crack the large garage door in the summer to cool things down that may be something else worth looking into.

Pulling them over works really well.
I always top first normally with photos but with them being auto's I'm concerned about stunning them if I top so figured just pulling them down would be the better approach.

I’ve topped virtually every auto I’ve grown. Do it around 21 days from germination and they will recover nicely.
Thanks Penny. Gonna see what they do over the next couple of weeks and figure out which way I wanna go.

Hey everyone, I don't want to speak to soon but I think I have my root zone issues solved...for now lol.

A couple of days ago I took out the foam mats that were under my tent so now the buckets are sitting on the concrete floor. As I had mentioned before I was getting nasty brown stuff on the roots of Tangiematic and Pinapple Express and while the plants looked healthy I knew it was a matter of time before they started to go down hill. I took the mats out from under the tent just before lights out and when I went back in to check after they came back on I could see significant improvement on the roots!

Here we are a couple of days later and the goopy stuff on the roots has almost completely disappeared!

It's still hanging on a bit with Pinapple Express but I'm sure it will clear up soon. Funny thing is the res temp has not really dropped but as long as the roots stay nice and white I'm very happy.

Here is the ladies on day 12

Good deal, they look like they’re loving life.
Thanks Penny! I can't tell you how happy I am to see the roots looking much better. Those ice packs I was using before to lower the temps weren't really all that effective but I am keeping those in my back pocket when it gets a bit warmer in a month or so. This is the 3rd consecutive Dwc grow where I've dealt with this issue with plants this age, just happy I solved it without having to dump H202 into the res while it's effective it takes a few days for them to bounce back after using it and want to induce as little stress as possible cause I know the clock is ticking down before they go into flower.

I've been using Z9 the Canadian version of Z7. I can't get hydroguard here in Canada wish I could not sure why it's just not available here, I think there is something in it that health Canada doesn't like. I've had the same issue with the base nutes I use they pull it off the shelves then reformulate it then they can sell it again.

Nice save on the roots N. I had a similar problem trying to get hold of Z7 and hydrogaurd in the uk. I could find both products but there was no way I was paying what the sellers wanted for them. They were like £30 a bottle if I remember rightly.
Hope you're well buddy
:passitleft:

Nice save on the roots N. I had a similar problem trying to get hold of Z7 and hydrogaurd in the uk. I could find both products but there was no way I was paying what the sellers wanted for them. They were like £30 a bottle if I remember rightly.
Hope you're well buddy
Thanks Prof! Ya our grow bros and sisters in the states get all the cool grow shit! I paid about $22 for Z9 pretty sure it was a 16 once bottle, should last me awhile since you use very little at a time.

I'm good Prof I'm actually at work today got late delivery of material for my job so I have to try and make up some time this weekend. We actually picked up some 6ft long cedar planter's yesterday and we are gonna grow a paired down version of a veggie garden in them just some lettuce and peas maybe a couple of other things. We thought it would be a good way to teach our oldest daughter about gardening she is kinda into it anyway but this way she can get some real hands on experience.

Thanks Prof! Ya our grow bros and sisters in the states get all the cool grow shit! I paid about $22 for Z9 pretty sure it was a 16 once bottle, should last me awhile since you use very little at a time.

I'm good Prof I'm actually at work today got late delivery of material for my job so I have to try and make up some time this weekend. We actually picked up some 6ft long cedar planter's yesterday and we are gonna grow a paired down version of a veggie garden in them just some lettuce and peas maybe a couple of other things. We thought it would be a good way to teach our oldest daughter about gardening she is kinda into it anyway but this way she can get some real hands on experience.
Good to hear you're working. I thought that we were going back soon but its been postponed again. Money is so tight now that the missus and myself haven't really eaten much this week. We haven't been eating during the day and are only having a small dinner in the evening. I think I'm beginning to feel the effects now as I've getting dizzy spells over the last couple of days. I really hope this is over soon.

Gardening has been keeping us sane though we have just lost a load of plants to powdery mildew and some other fungus. The cucumbers were hit really badly and wilted and died over a few days. The tomato and chili plants faired better but Ive had to spray them with ISO. One week of bad weather was all it took. Oh well, Ive learnt something and that is I need a greenhouse lol.

Good to hear you're working. I thought that we were going back soon but its been postponed again. Money is so tight now that the missus and myself haven't really eaten much this week. We haven't been eating during the day and are only having a small dinner in the evening. I think I'm beginning to feel the effects now as I've getting dizzy spells over the last couple of days. I really hope this is over soon.

Gardening has been keeping us sane though we have just lost a load of plants to powdery mildew and some other fungus. The cucumbers were hit really badly and wilted and died over a few days. The tomato and chili plants faired better but Ive had to spray them with ISO. One week of bad weather was all it took. Oh well, Ive learnt something and that is I need a greenhouse lol.
Oh man Prof that's terrible you are going through that. I really hope this virus shit goes away soon so you can get back to normal again. My thoughts are with you take care of yourself my friend.

I've thought many times a greenhouse would be a good thing to have, I almost bought a hoop house style greenhouse that someone was selling used a couple of years ago but decided I didn't have the room for it. Maybe in the future I'll grab one once the kids are older and my whole backyard isn't taken up with all their toys and stuff lol.

I've thought many times a greenhouse would be a good thing to have, I almost bought a hoop house style greenhouse that someone was selling used a couple of years ago but decided I didn't have the room for it. Maybe in the future I'll grab one once the kids are older and my whole backyard isn't taken up with all their toys and stuff lol.
It is definitely worth having something even if it is just for sheltering plants on crappy days. I have the next round of plants getting ready to go out right now. The cucumbers failed so now it is time for the courgettes to have a go. I have a lot of hardy and fast growing veg which is doing great. Mainly things from the onion family lol. I have some Everlasting Onions from Siberia which just grow. You just try and stop them lol. They're like a cross between a spring onion and chives and are just fantastic. They taste great and you can use them for anything that you would use onions for. I also have leeks and more chives than you will ever need lol. We have been making a lot of soup recently as the everlasting onions, spring onions and chives grow so fast. It is still not quite enough to live on though
Oh man Prof that's terrible you are going through that. I really hope this virus shit goes away soon so you can get back to normal again. My thoughts are with you take care of yourself my friend.
Hang in there Prof, I’m hoping this stuff is over soon
Thanks guys. It has been a bit emotional recently but we're trying to remain positive. I'm tough as old boots but Mrs F is suffering a bit now. The kids are still eating well which is the main thing. Those are the sacrifices we have to make as parents and I wouldn't have it any other way. The problem is that you can't look after your children if you are unwell yourself. If it gets much worse then we may have to look into using a food bank which is just the weirdest feeling. It demonstrates just how fragile our societies can be. We need to survive 3 more weeks and then we get a small payment and It shouldn't be long after that when I should be getting my money for being self employed. We will make it, its just tough going

Just caught up on those autos N, very keen to see how the training goes as that's where I'm super lost when it comes to the autos. I'll definitely be following along here and checking how things go. I'm super nervous to top mine as well when the time comes

Back
Top Bottom