N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Just caught up on those autos N, very keen to see how the training goes as that's where I'm super lost when it comes to the autos. I'll definitely be following along here and checking how things go. I'm super nervous to top mine as well when the time comes
Happy to see you @Rhys777 ! Probably gonna start training in about a week. With my photos I usually top at the 5th node then once the new shoots have grown out enough I start tying them down. Gonna see how these look in a week and make a call.

Hey 420! It's day 15 for our new auto's so let's take a look shall we.

Everything is moving along. Had a minor set back with Tangie, I was a bit to slow on my res change and bump in feed so a couple of her lower leaves showed a bit of deficiency. This morning I saw she had a slight claw to her leaves so I scooped a bit of water out of her res and added some fresh water to dilute it a bit. My Ec was 1.2 after the fresh bucket and is now at 1.1

Purple Lemonade seems pretty happy. She was showing a slightly lighter color green the other day so she got a fresh bucket as well. I got her ec at 1.1 which was exactly where I wanted it. After a couple of days the Ec is staying stable with ph rising and water dropping which is pretty much bang on in Dwc. Wish she was growing a little quicker but in general I'm happy with her.

Purple Punch is the runt of the tent. She is still on her original bucket with a starting Ec of .06. She will be getting a fresh bucket in the next day or 2. Pretty happy with her other then being a bit on the small side I've had the least root issues with her compared to anyone else in the tent.

Pinapple Express. She is the strongest and biggest of all the auto's. She is on a fresh bucket and after a day my Ec is staying stable with Ph stable as well with a dropping water level which are good signs. Very happy with her pace, She is working on her 5th node so I'm considering starting the training on her very soon.

Been doing some reading on growing under LEDs and alot of people recommend keeping your leaf temp at around 80-85 farenheit so I've raised the temp in the tent to 77 last night and when I get home from work today I'm gonna check with a laser thermometer just to see where my leaf temp is and see how the plants are responding. As of this morning everyone seems happy the only downside is it has raised my res temps up a bit more but there doesn't look to be any nasties on the roots.

Z7 or hydroguard should take care of the nasties at your temps.
I've been dosing them pretty regularly with Z9 and so far the roots are staying pretty clean. Just wanted to try a higher temp just to see if a get some faster growth. Gonna watch them closely over the next couple of days and see how the react.

Picture day from day 17

Happy Growing everyone!

@N420 Thanks for referring me to this journal! Looks like I have some catching up to do :ganjamon:
Welcome to the journal happy you stopped by! Don't worry about catching up unless you want to kick back light one up and let's have some fun!

Hey everyone It's day 23 for the auto crew so let's see what they've been up to.

They have put on quite a bit of growth over the last few days, no signs of flower yet... well one exception but we will get to that.
I've been working on lst with Tangiematic over the last couple of days. I've just put a tie at the bottom to support her then added a tie near the top of the main stem and pulled her over. A day or so later her main top was pushing back to the dominant position again so I readjusted her tie and pulled her main top down again. Her lowers have caught up now and things are looking pretty good.

I've just started the training on Purple Lemonade tonight by again just pulling her over to the side. It's taken me a bit longer to get her started on the training just wanted her to be a bit bigger before I got going with it and she is definitely ready now.
A couple of before and after shots.

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to train Purple Punch a whole lot she is like a little head of lettuce. Very tightly packed and she is not very tall. She is quite healthy and is drinking up her nute soup but I doubt I will be able to train her before she starts to flower.

Now for the problem child. She was having some root issues right after my last update so I thought I would "fix" them, well I just made it worse. I used H202 to clean her roots I put just under the amount that the bottle of H202 suggested to use in a bucket with plain water then let the roots bubble in the mix for a couple of hours. I gave her a fresh res and put her back in the tent. A couple of days later I checked on her roots and they were a brown slimy mess! I put peroxide again in the res to get rid of the slime, it did get rid of it but the roots were in rough shape and she is struggling and it looks like she is starting to flower.

I'm seriously considering just culling her and moving on which will bring me to my next update.

Since the ladies in the buckets have had a bit of a head start I've decided to
pop some more beans! I'm growing the same strains as the Dwc girls Purple Punch, Purple Lemonade , Pineapple Express the only difference is the 4th bean is Bluedreamtic and from what I've read she has a similar structure to Tangiematic and is in fact crossed with her so she should be one that gets pretty big.

This time I've decided to grow them in Promix, in 5 gallon fabric pots. The reason for the switch is I'm having a pretty difficult time keeping the res temps low enough not to be fighting root slime constantly and fig figured it would be much easier system to grow in with summer just around the corner.

I soaked the seeds in paper towels like I always do but this time I tried putting the moist paper towels into zip lock bags rather then just letting them hang out on a plate for a few days. Well I gotta say the bags worked out great and the seeds had long healthy tap roots a day later and the paper towel didn't dry out at all like it usually does when I don't use them.

I put the sprouted seeds into rapid rooter's and dropped them into the soil last night and here they are today.

3 of the 4 are above ground now! The only green one is Pinapple Express and the other 2 that popped up are Bluedreamtic and Purple Lemonade.

I've got all the auto's in the 4x8 right now and I'm just gonna see how this plays out space wise and if it becomes a problem I will move some of them into one of my other tents.
Here is the fam!

In other exciting new I've pick up a new light about a week ago and I couldn't be more excited.
It's an Hlg 550 r spec! I've always dreamed of having this light and I lucked into a discount code that finally made it affordable.

All I can say is this light is BRIGHT!!! This is by far the brightest light I have ever owned and the coverage is perfect for half of the 4x8. I would love to have a second one but that won't be happening anytime soon. Really excited to see what this light can do once these ladies get into flower!

Anyways that's all from me! Happy growing everyone.

The girls are looking great N! Sorry about the problem child :confused: I’ve got one myself this round. Congrats on the new awesome light and the new babies! Whoop whoop! :high-five: Hope ya have great day!

The girls are looking great N! Sorry about the problem child :confused: I’ve got one myself this round. Congrats on the new awesome light and the new babies! Whoop whoop! :high-five: Hope ya have great day!
Thanks Candy! Lesson learned with the problem child should have left her alone. I've noticed over the past couple of grows once the plant gets a bit more mature and has an more established root system it can handle root zone issues alot better you just have to get them through the awkward toddler stage lol. I'm beyond excited with the new light my plan is to switch entirely to led from cmh this new light has me well on my way to doing that. Happy about the new babies I'm pretty curious to see how the strains will compare growing in 2 different growing mediums, one thing is certain the Promix will be alot less work lol.

Bluedreamtic is up and looking happy!
20200514_071321.jpg

Had to do some helmet removal surgery on Purple Lemonade. Just sprayed her with a bit of water last night and this morning and slid the shell off.
20200514_071331.jpg

Purple Punch should be up today as well I can just see her poking out of the rooter. Didn't take a pic the phone camera couldn't focus on the bit of green that was showing.

Heeey!! Congrats on the new babies. You’re going to like promix, sooo much easier.
That light tho!! :jawdropper: Congratulations!!!
Thank you Hh! I wanted something more low maintenance for the new babies. Promix was my go to for the last while before I switched to hydro and was always happy with the simplicity just water when dry no messing around with ph or res temps.

Hlg FTW :high-five:
Couldn't be happier I was able to pick up the light I think it's gonna be a game changer can't wait to watch how it performs in flower I've already noticed a difference in growth rates!

Lovely looking light N4. HH got a new guitar the other day and she's trying to pass it off as a light. Some useless info I thought I would share.
I would have played the guessing game for the new light but the box had the name of the light plastered all over it what's the fun in that!
Ya that's one sweet light guitar Hh has and apparently she has the fingers of a professional musician lol.

Since the ladies in the buckets have had a bit of a head start I've decided to
pop some more beans! I'm growing the same strains as the Dwc girls Purple Punch, Purple Lemonade , Pineapple Express the only difference is the 4th bean is Bluedreamtic and from what I've read she has a similar structure to Tangiematic and is in fact crossed with her so she should be one that gets pretty big.

This time I've decided to grow them in Promix, in 5 gallon fabric pots. The reason for the switch is I'm having a pretty difficult time keeping the res temps low enough not to be fighting root slime constantly and fig figured it would be much easier system to grow in with summer just around the corner.

I soaked the seeds in paper towels like I always do but this time I tried putting the moist paper towels into zip lock bags rather then just letting them hang out on a plate for a few days. Well I gotta say the bags worked out great and the seeds had long healthy tap roots a day later and the paper towel didn't dry out at all like it usually does when I don't use them.

I put the sprouted seeds into rapid rooter's and dropped them into the soil last night and here they are today.

3 of the 4 are above ground now! The only green one is Pinapple Express and the other 2 that popped up are Bluedreamtic and Purple Lemonade.

I've got all the auto's in the 4x8 right now and I'm just gonna see how this plays out space wise and if it becomes a problem I will move some of them into one of my other tents.
Here is the fam!

In other exciting new I've pick up a new light about a week ago and I couldn't be more excited.
It's an Hlg 550 r spec! I've always dreamed of having this light and I lucked into a discount code that finally made it affordable.

All I can say is this light is BRIGHT!!! This is by far the brightest light I have ever owned and the coverage is perfect for half of the 4x8. I would love to have a second one but that won't be happening anytime soon. Really excited to see what this light can do once these ladies get into flower!

Anyways that's all from me! Happy growing everyone.

Congrats on the light !
You don't up pot ?

The quickest , 100 percent germ rate for me is a shot glass of distilled or spring water , 16-18 hour soak , then pour said shot glass onto paper towel and then into large open ziplock, bag on top of cable box ..roots within 12 hours , every time ! Namaste :)

Congrats on the light !
You don't up pot ?

The quickest , 100 percent germ rate for me is a shot glass of distilled or spring water , 16-18 hour soak , then pour said shot glass onto paper towel and then into large open ziplock, bag on top of cable box ..roots within 12 hours , every time ! Namaste :)
Thanks Northern! I'm not going to up pot they are auto's and from everything Ive read you should germ them in their final pot to reduce stress from transplanting.

My germ method sounds pretty much the same I soak in a cup of tap water for 18hrs then use that water to soak the paper towel, then usually put the paper towel on a plate in the dark and they usually pop pretty quick. Only downside is the paper towels dry out using that method so this time I added the open zip lock and the towels didn't dry out at all and had perfect long tap roots in about 12 hrs!

Back
Top Bottom