N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Beautiful Hdb! If my buds look like that I'll be very happy! How did you train her? or did she grow that way naturally?
Thanks, N420. I topped her between the third and fourth nodes and then just let her go, bending branches along the way as necessary to keep the buds separate. As you can see, at the end she was looking kinda' sloppy. She was such a squat, full plant that I had to let her starting flopping in spots to keep the bud sites from touching each other. :Rasta:

Thanks, N420. I topped her between the third and fourth nodes and then just let her go, bending branches along the way as necessary to keep the buds separate. As you can see, at the end she was looking kinda' sloppy. She was such a squat, full plant that I had to let her starting flopping in spots to keep the bud sites from touching each other. :Rasta:
Squat and full is the perfect description on Pl. I probably should have topped her just wasn't sure about topping an auto. The lst is working ok but she probably would have been better off waiting until she was starting to go into flower so I could separate the branches better.

Squat and full is the perfect description on Pl. I probably should have topped her just wasn't sure about topping an auto. The lst is working ok but she probably would have been better off waiting until she was starting to go into flower so I could separate the branches better.
You still have plenty of time left to bend and shape. I'm sure she won't disappoint you!

Edit: Plus you're doing it in DWC. You may get full, but you won't get squat! :laughtwo:

Caught up as I'm gonna get. Oof.
Sorry I've been absent. I've been very busy homeschooling 3 kids. It takes up most of my day. Hope you can forgive me N....

Look at all of those new babies. They all look great.

Caught up as I'm gonna get. Oof.
Sorry I've been absent. I've been very busy homeschooling 3 kids. It takes up most of my day. Hope you can forgive me N....

Look at all of those new babies. They all look great.
No problem at all Vg I'm happy to see you! I couldn't be more sympathetic we have enough issues trying to get one of our kids to buckle down and do school work I can't imagine trying to get 3 to do it! They are letting up on restrictions a bit here and the girls are going to daycare today so Mrs. N and I can both go to work today, they are gonna be opening the schools back up in a couple of weeks and allowing kids to go back on a voluntary basis. We will see how the next couple of weeks plays out but I'm in no hurry to send them back. The daycare they are going to today only has a couple of kids so I feel ok sending them there.

The plant babies are doing well the Promix is kinda nice it's definitely easier without having to mess around with buckets I'm just sitting back and watching them do their thing.

No problem at all Vg I'm happy to see you! I couldn't be more sympathetic we have enough issues trying to get one of our kids to buckle down and do school work I can't imagine trying to get 3 to do it! They are letting up on restrictions a bit here and the girls are going to daycare today so Mrs. N and I can both go to work today, they are gonna be opening the schools back up in a couple of weeks and allowing kids to go back on a voluntary basis. We will see how the next couple of weeks plays out but I'm in no hurry to send them back. The daycare they are going to today only has a couple of kids so I feel ok sending them there.

The plant babies are doing well the Promix is kinda nice it's definitely easier without having to mess around with buckets I'm just sitting back and watching them do their thing.
Hats off to all you home-schooling parents! It's got to be quite a challenge. :Rasta:

The GH calimagic is the one I recommend as well. It has a hefty 5% Ca in it and with the lower N at 1% you have more control.
I picked some up yesterday it's the same price as the other stuff I was using. I like that it has 5% ca it also has more Mg then the other stuff I had as well. With the lower N I'm pretty confident I'll see some of the clawing go away, it should be alot better in flower too with the lower N.

Hats off to all you home-schooling parents! It's got to be quite a challenge. :Rasta:
Thanks Gdb! I'll give most of the props to Mrs. N, I pretty much worked through the whole thing she and all the parents must have the patience of a saint I have a whole new respect for teachers now!

I picked some up yesterday it's the same price as the other stuff I was using. I like that it has 5% ca it also has more Mg then the other stuff I had as well. With the lower N I'm pretty confident I'll see some of the clawing go away, it should be alot better in flower too with the lower N.

This is what I use most of the time now. It's made by True Plant Science, contains no nitrogen, and the Ca/Mg levels are good.

612RPnmspVL._AC_SL1286_.jpg

Really a treat for flower, but it's the same per gallon as Calimagic or a few less than CalMag+.

I do keep a gallon of Calimagic on hand, but only use sparingly when I need a tick of a nitro kick (like veg.)

This is what I use most of the time now. It's made by True Plant Science, contains no nitrogen, and the Ca/Mg levels are good.

612RPnmspVL._AC_SL1286_.jpg

Really a treat for flower, but it's the same per gallon as Calimagic or a few less than CalMag+.

I do keep a gallon of Calimagic on hand, but only use sparingly when I need a tick of a nitro kick (like veg.)
Thanks for that Multi! I've never heard of that stuff I'll definitely look into it!

Hey everyone time for another quick auto update.

It's Day 32 for the Dwc auto's and they have put on some significant growth over the last few days. The change to calimagic has worked out well, the clawing I was seeing earlier has almost completely gone away and the ladies look quite happy. I'm not seeing any signs of flowering yet well with the exception of Pinapple Express but I would imagine the others should start flowering soon.

Tangiematic has always been the fastest growing out of the group and this last few days has been no exception. She is drinking like a fish right now, a day after her res change she has used up half of her bucket. The change to calimagic seems to have had the most effect on her, she has a few clawed leaves still but is looking much better.

Purple Lemonade is another one who has really put on a fair amount of growth over the last little while. The clawing leaves are almost gone and she seems to be loving life right now. She is still fairly stout but now some of her lowers have made it to the top of the canopy which is great I didn't think she had it in her.

Purple Punch is still a solid shrub but I'm happy overall with her structure. She is pushing quite a few branches to the top of the canopy almost like she was topped even though have haven't trained her at all.

Pinapple Express is moving her way into flower and is looking much improved compared to a week ago. I've put her on the flower mix now as I think she is done with the stretch so now it's time to get to work on building those flowers.
20200522_071844.jpg

That's all for these ladies happy growing everyone!

Wow those plants are looking amazing. Good job N420.

:thumb:

Do those roots actually sit in the water in dwc? Sorry may seem stupid but I've never grown like that
Thanks alot Rhys, appreciate the kind words.

The roots do sit in water in Dwc, there is an air stone in the bucket that provides oxygen to the roots. Personally I really enjoy growing in Dwc it gives you total control over your feeding and being that you can see the root system you can see exactly how fast or slow your plant is drinking. With a ppm pen and a ph pen you know the exact levels of food in the water at all times and can make adjustments if necessary and unlike soil your changes take effect quickly so you know right away if your on the right track or not. It can be more work than soil growing but the growth rates you can get in Dwc more then make up for the bit more work it is.

Back
Top Bottom