N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

:dude-knocking:
Hiya N4! I hope all is well. Been pretty quiet in here lately.
Hey Mr.S thanks for checking in! Things have been pretty hectic for me over the last little while and I haven't had much time to devote to the mag. I'm gonna be stepping away from the forum for a while until things settle down a bit and I have more time to spend on here.

Thanks a bunch you guys really appreciate it. You guys have been a great support to me on here over the last couple of years :love: I'll be back to stalking your journals before you know it lol.
We'll be waiting, N420! :Rasta:

Take care N! Hope you’re all doing good. We’ll be here to greet you once things settle back down again! :)
Thanks Hh! Appreciate it my friend. Things are good just heading out for a few days of camping for my oldest daughters birthday! I'll see you soon.

Hey 420 fam!

After a 5 month hiatus from 420 mag and growing I’m back at it again! I was really busy with the family and work and decided I needed to take a break, my grows were suffering especially the last one and I wasn’t happy with the end results.

The plan is to go back to growing in Promix again and drop the Dwc buckets. I need something fairly low maintenance and was finding the buckets too time consuming. I do all my gardening in the evenings so by the time we get the kiddos into bed it doesn’t leave me a lot of time to work in the garden so I need something I can leave for a day or 2 and that wasn’t possible with the buckets.

This run I’m gonna be giving Gorilla Zkittles by Barney’s another shot. I really liked it the first time a grew it, very potent stuff that got quite dense and very frosty so can’t wait to see how these turn out. I’m planning on keeping these plants smaller this time around instead of the big plants I usually grow again just for the sake of simplicity to make them easier to manage and not have them over crowded in the tent I’ve been caught off guard to many times in early flower so hopefully some smaller plants will help with that. Gonna use up the rest of the Advanced Nutrients I have left then switch to something else, not quite sure what that something else will be just yet just something cheaper and and easier to work with.

So here we are today
8B5AD68C-38C3-4D1F-BD13-D423541CBE4D.jpeg

The tallest girl broke ground 2 days ago and her sister yesterday.
40B95902-8AE6-46C9-825D-2660E6B6962E.jpeg

43CE7122-903B-4327-BF1A-E4A532878AB7.jpeg

Planted the 3rd seed yesterday so hope to see her tomorrow. The 4th seed I started stalled out on me. It cracked open in the paper towel but hasn’t done anything else in 4 days I’m losing hope It will get going so I’m gonna soak another seed tonight as a backup and get it into a paper towel by tomorrow, have my fingers crossed it will be stronger.

Well that’s all from me for now, feels good to be back on the mag and gardening again!

Gonna use up the rest of the Advanced Nutrients I have left then switch to something else, not quite sure what that something else will be just yet just something cheaper and and easier to work with.

Mega Crop's 1 part powdered fertilizer 1) works extremely well with Pro-Mix (peat based soil-less mixes) 2) is cheap and 3) is super easy to work with. I almost feel like an absentee grower using that combo.

Omg N!! I almost unfollowed your journal yesterday cause I didn’t know if you’d find your way back here again. I’m so glad you did and that I didn’t!! Nice to keep things simple and congrats on the new sprouts. I’m trying to simplify things in my tent too, emphasis on trying. Lol. Really glad to see you back again, we missed ya!

Mega Crop's 1 part powdered fertilizer 1) works extremely well with Pro-Mix (peat based soil-less mixes) 2) is cheap and 3) is super easy to work with. I almost feel like an absentee grower using that combo.

Hey farside, truth be told I actually have some Mega Crop that I bought months ago. I tried it part way through a grow but the plants I tried it on we’re having issues so It wasn’t a good basis to judge it on then I switched to hydro.I’m definitely considering it, your plants seem to be loving it.

Omg N!! I almost unfollowed your journal yesterday cause I didn’t know if you’d find your way back here again. I’m so glad you did and that I didn’t!! Nice to keep things simple and congrats on the new sprouts. I’m trying to simplify things in my tent too, emphasis on trying. Lol. Really glad to see you back again, we missed ya!
So nice to see you again Hh!! I’m really glad you didn’t unfollow my journal you’ve been one of my biggest supporters here! I missed you and everyone else at 420 mag. It felt like the right time to jump back in. I’m definitely gonna be following the K.I.S.S philosophy on this grow and hope to get some nice meds in the end. I’ll definitely be swinging by your journal to see what you got growing on!!

Hey farside, truth be told I actually have some Mega Crop that I bought months ago. I tried it part way through a grow but the plants I tried it on we’re having issues so It wasn’t a good basis to judge it on then I switched to hydro.I’m definitely considering it, your plants seem to be loving it.

In a buffered, soil-less, peat based mix, like Pro-Mix BX or HP, I start at 1g for seedlings and germinating seeds. From there, increase the dose 1g every 5-7 days, up to a maximum of 6-6.5g. I actually don't even bother to weigh mine. I find that every 1/8 tsp = 1g. Example, if I want 4g, I just scoop an even 1/2 tsp. Since the soil-less mix is buffered, you shouldn't have to fuss with pHing your feed solution as long as you have fairly decent tap water. By that I mean under 180 ppm and a starting pH of 8.2 or under. About every 3 weeks I'll run a couple gallons of plain tap water through the 5 gal fabric pots, followed by a gallon of feed. That real heavy watering helps rinse out any buildup of unused nutes. Other than that, my regular watering is to the point I get a little runoff, maybe 5-10%.

PS - if you haven't already bought the Pro-Mix, you can use the recipe for Faux-Mix in my signature and make your own facsimile of it. Making your own soil-less mix cuts the cost of filling pots by 50-66%.

Welcome back N! Sounds like we have similar lives lol. You've not missed much. There was a rebellion of some sort, Sauga's achieved godhood and the site changed slightly. I can't tell though as I'm on 420 mobile.

Look forward to seeing some more GZ's.

Hope you had a good holiday season buddy.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom