N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

today was the day! I’m not going to guess because I neglected these poor ladies but life is complicated right now and there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day!
One had some pretty serious bud rot so I took them both ..
:green_heart::peace::Namaste::high-five:

414B55B3-D53B-4E1B-A4EE-51F1E0A75857.jpeg

050A0A4D-38BD-4ED1-98DA-C0679F8DD197.jpeg

31409799-8A89-49D9-BFBC-FEA0B466BD8B.jpeg
Thanks for sharing Northern! Looks like a very nice haul of dense flowers! To bad about the bud rot, you made the right choice to take them both down no point pushing them further and risking losing more.

Thanks for sharing Northern! Looks like a very nice haul of dense flowers! To bad about the bud rot, you made the right choice to take them both down no point pushing them further and risking losing more.
Yeah the two gave me 5 jars (trimmed and curing ) about two pounds of trim however hahaha ..I was going to let that dry for a couple more days and run it thru the bubble dude machine
I had a tester of this barney triple cheese and it was out of this world ..wish I had more seeds . That strain is a keeper .
keep on keeping on
:passitleft:

Yeah the two gave me 5 jars (trimmed and curing ) about two pounds of trim however hahaha ..I was going to let that dry for a couple more days and run it thru the bubble dude machine
I had a tester of this barney triple cheese and it was out of this world ..wish I had more seeds . That strain is a keeper .
keep on keeping on
:passitleft:
5 jars ain’t to bad! One of these days I should get some kind of machine to process my trim, I’ve considered the Magic Butter Machine. I have my trim away to a friend on the last run, normally I just toss it lol.

The Triple Cheese sounds really good may have to track down some seeds of her one of these days!

Hey Everyone!

Got a few updated pics of the girls on day 12! I’ve had to zip tie the lights to the top of the tent to give myself a couple more inches of head room, hopefully they have most of their stretch done!

5 jars ain’t to bad! One of these days I should get some kind of machine to process my trim, I’ve considered the Magic Butter Machine. I have my trim away to a friend on the last run, normally I just toss it lol.

The Triple Cheese sounds really good may have to track down some seeds of her one of these days!
Oh I bought all the toys hahaha .highly recommend the MBM - idiot proof and limited smell .I still have a few pounds of infused butter in the freezer from previous harvests but this cheese strain really kicked my ass so I figured I’d try the keif and make some hash vs. more butter. Time will tell …never seems to be enough hours in the day !

loving your garden :yummy::goodjob:

What GDB said, only better! :thumb:
Hmmm what’s better then thanks? Much love my friend!
Oh I bought all the toys hahaha .highly recommend the MBM - idiot proof and limited smell .I still have a few pounds of infused butter in the freezer from previous harvests but this cheese strain really kicked my ass so I figured I’d try the keif and make some hash vs. more butter. Time will tell …never seems to be enough hours in the day !

loving your garden :yummy::goodjob:
Appreciate the kind words NH! I tried making butter once in a crock pot, it turned out ok but was kinda smelly and I had to constantly monitor it. I made it with coconut oil and was actually planning on making bath bombs with the butter but never actually ended up making them. I kept the butter in the fridge so it was solid, Mrs.N would put a chunk of the butter in her bath and she said it worked pretty good and made her nice and relaxed. It would be nice to have a MBM then I could set it and forget it, would probably make better butter then my first attempt. Maybe then I would actually follow through with making the bath bombs lol.

The MB makes everything easy except clean-up! And because it's so easy, it's easy to run the same batch more than once, which increases the potency of the oil. @Derbybud accidentally ran an experiment that's worth reading about here.
Thanks for the link to Derbybuds accidental experiment! I’ll definitely keep that in mind if I do end up getting a MBM. Being so stoned you can’t sleep doesn’t sound to fun to me…Mrs. N on the other hand is a different story lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure he recommends everyone take it as far as he did, but I now run all my oils at least twice, with a night of cool down in between.
Ah ok, good to know! I didn’t even decarb the stuff I made in the crock pot which I know now I should have lol. The other thing was I didn’t know what temp I was cooking it at because the crock pot only had a warm , low and high setting and I have no idea what temperature it actually was. We never made any edibles with it so wasn’t sure how strong it actually was, I used half an once of bud ground up to a cup of coconut oil if I remember correctly.

When I was using a crock pot I had a meat thermometer handy so I could see if I was in the 160-170ºF range. I had to cycle between low and medium, which was a pain!

Calculating strength is usually a guessing game with edibles, so it's best to test each batch after you make it. I remember the only time I made gummies my wife would eat one every hour until she said she felt something. That took three bears and four hours to accomplish!

I run rough calculations with a spreadsheet, but it's all guesswork starting with the THC content of the flowers.

Hmmm what’s better then thanks? Much love my friend!

Appreciate the kind words NH! I tried making butter once in a crock pot, it turned out ok but was kinda smelly and I had to constantly monitor it. I made it with coconut oil and was actually planning on making bath bombs with the butter but never actually ended up making them. I kept the butter in the fridge so it was solid, Mrs.N would put a chunk of the butter in her bath and she said it worked pretty good and made her nice and relaxed. It would be nice to have a MBM then I could set it and forget it, would probably make better butter then my first attempt. Maybe then I would actually follow through with making the bath bombs lol.
Oh totes ! it comes with a pretty detailed guide . Just remember to buy the decarb box if you are worried about smell .
ive made a tincture, oil. And butter . butter molds are great to have also , I freeze one cup, and half cup portion sizes then if I make cookies I just take a brick out required for the cookies the night before to soften ..I do 3 pound of unsalted clarified butter per trim bucket usually with a couple of pucks of keif for fun . If I’m doing a cookie it’s dessert, and lights out :hippy:
I am in no way affiliated with the mbm :passitleft:

When I was using a crock pot I had a meat thermometer handy so I could see if I was in the 160-170ºF range. I had to cycle between low and medium, which was a pain!

Calculating strength is usually a guessing game with edibles, so it's best to test each batch after you make it. I remember the only time I made gummies my wife would eat one every hour until she said she felt something. That took three bears and four hours to accomplish!

I run rough calculations with a spreadsheet, but it's all guesswork starting with the THC content of the flowers.

Oh totes ! it comes with a pretty detailed guide . Just remember to buy the decarb box if you are worried about smell .
ive made a tincture, oil. And butter . butter molds are great to have also , I freeze one cup, and half cup portion sizes then if I make cookies I just take a brick out required for the cookies the night before to soften ..I do 3 pound of unsalted clarified butter per trim bucket usually with a couple of pucks of keif for fun . If I’m doing a cookie it’s dessert, and lights out :hippy:
I am in no way affiliated with the mbm :passitleft:
Thanks for all the tips on making butter Shed and NH! Thinking the MBM will be just the ticket when I decide to make butter or oil again! I like that it comes with a guide should make getting things just right a lot easier!

Hey Everyone

Got a couple of birds eye view pics from the tent last night, I was raising the second light in the tent as the plants were getting a bit to close for comfort. I used more zip ties to get the light about 25 inches off the canopy and turned it up to full power! While I was balancing on a 5 gallon bucket to be able to reach the top of the tent to get the light zip tied I took a couple of shots!

B402B020-40A8-4D9D-8C4C-8C10347EE42F.jpeg
F0A2A89A-0D3E-40AA-9C12-7036251C4AFB.jpeg

And a couple of bud shots after I got down off the bucket lol

201709E5-4E2E-4DFA-BC91-BA0018C35F04.jpeg
09B1C9B8-DECA-4CA4-AEED-C10259B1FA8B.jpeg
940C751F-B622-45AB-8058-904C04DD08B4.jpeg

In the last pic you can see the leaf tips on the edges curled up slightly, that is from the light being a bit too intense. Just wanted to share because I’m not sure everyone is familiar with what causes this so I thought I would take the opportunity to show everyone.

In other news I will be dropping some new beans this weekend and bringing some new genetics into the stable! I’m pretty excited about these genetics and will have a update once they get dropped!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

That tent is amazing N! Wall to wall gorgeous. :thumb:
that is from the light being a bit too intense
It is, and raising the light is the best way handle it. So I wondered about this:
turned it up to full power!
I would have left the power alone to give the leaves a chance to get used to a bit less light, and then let them grow into it during stretch. That said, you do have killer instincts in there!
I like that it comes with a guide should make getting things just right a lot easier!
While the machine may be great, I would say toss the guide and solicit advice from folks here who have used it in real life. Their bud-to-oil ratios are way too generic and their run times seem incredibly short to me.

That tent is amazing N! Wall to wall gorgeous. :thumb:
Thanks so much Shed!
would have left the power alone to give the leaves a chance to get used to a bit less light, and then let them grow into it during stretch. That said, you do have killer instincts in there!
The plant in the pic was under the light that I hadn’t raised until last night. The light was 20 inches from the tallest top on that end of the canopy and was at 3/4 intensity. After raising the light it was 25 inches above the canopy so I felt comfortable running it at full power, I’ve run this light at 24 inches at full power before without too much issue. That said I’m keeping a close eye on those leaves to see how they react to the new light intensity!
While the machine may be great, I would say toss the guide and solicit advice from folks here who have used it in real life. Their bud-to-oil ratios are way too generic and their run times seem incredibly short to me.
Will toss the guide! Just like the instructions for anything I buy lol. The members here are a wealth of knowledge especially you! You know you won’t get away with me not bugging you for advice when I’m ready to start messing around with the MBM!

Back
Top Bottom