I agree with the big bloom catalyst. I didn't use it for my first grow and have noticed a difference. Big bloom is what you should feed alone from fresh soil through the first month of so until you use their other nutrients and then should be used through the entire grow with the rest of the line. Go with the bigger bottle, you end up using a lot more per instructions.

There are some interesting super soil concentrates that you can mix with regular potting soil. I am intrigued, but can't find anyone who has used them. I think I saw them on eBay.

yeah ive actually because of how my wife and i are very good composters already, i think wed do good with a super soil. i might have my wife take on a grow with super soil and see how she does as shes been pretty prevalent in my op, that way i can side by side record results. why did you choose super soil if you were using soil prior?
I was tired of my friend who was doing organic soil and purely organic gardening having better product than me. I was also tired of having to deal with bag after bag of new soil going in and out, as well as all of the other garden debris, leaves, branches, roots etc...
I liked the idea of a system where everything was recycled back into future grows with very little outside trash. The more and more I read about creating and maintaining a living organic soil, the more I liked the idea. After looking into the costs I realized that I could buy everything I needed to create this soil for less than the cost of soil and nutes and all the stuff I was buying to maintain a traditional soil grow... and so I made the leap and spent a couple hundred bucks on all the raw materials, bins to hold it in, and I did it. The first grow with it was crap city... I didn't cook it long enough and I almost starved a poor batch of plants before I figured it out. That was 3 years ago and I havent bought more soil since, and still have most of the original amendments that I purchased to create the first soil. Since then the soil has gotten better each time it has been used as basically all of the last grows, with the exception of the harvested buds, goes right back into the soil.
The other underlying reason for this grand experiment is that at the heart of it all, I am a cheapskate. If I can DIY something, I will try it. True Living Organic soil and then the natural calmagphos that I learned to make from eggshells, and the natural weed fertilizer that I distill from dandelions, fit right in with all of this... I hate being dependent on nutrient manufacturing companies and my ability to ship their stuff to me. I get great satisfaction knowing that I created this and I am keeping it alive, and in return it supplies me with superior medicine.
Once you go organic you will never look back... it really is that much better. Let me recommend a book... True Living Organics, The Ultimate Guide to Growing All-Natural Marijuana Indoors, by The Rev. It truly has become my bible for growing the best pot I have ever seen.

alright and once again back at the head scratching phase. got a lot of pics, lots of questions. so ill get straight into it.

20181225_172115.jpg20181225_172122.jpg20181224_202826.jpg20181224_202835.jpg20181224_202849.jpg

first and foremost is the biggest head scratcher of all.
wasnt sure at first because a good with labeling but it was either gg#4 auto or black sugar photo.
clearly is gg#4 auto. i dont know why it stood so small? i guess the signs of flowering were there awhile ago i just didnt realize it. now that its in full on flower.. well i just know nothing really of the stage and a little apprehensive since this even happened. not expecting anymore growth out of it. have a few questions tho. its not really the healthiest looking. the leaves are cupping up, with no humidity or temp issues im worried its a deficiency, also when should i harvest? i lost some smell too possibly? not as sticky as a few days ago, should i flush it? any ideas why this happened?

this is the Amnesia Auto also another one that started flowering i guess before i realized. nitro excess obviously so i flushed, gave it a feeding with just tiger bloom and really no change. so what gives? same lack of smell and stickiness. although i will say all my feedings ended up no pH issues. its hunger issues, but im clearly not balancing this well, either starving or in excess but with different strains and phenos its obviously all different. im hoping this can be saved be a successful first harvest. any suggestions? and yeah this is an auto so for the sake of the whole grow its been an 18/6 grow but should i do 12/12 for everyone flowering auto or photo? whos got experience with this?

20181225_172130.jpg 20181224_202925.jpg 20181224_202934.jpg 20181225_172136.jpg

20181225_145218.jpg20181225_133240.jpg20181224_202638.jpg20181225_133346.jpg20181224_202651.jpg20181225_135216.jpg

these are actually two different plants. same strain. but same problems. strange that they too have also started flowering without me enforcing it. theyre bagseeds, cant be autos .. so wth? not that im not happy to find theyre both girls, didnt see that coming. actually one of them is turning out to be one of the best plants growing. yesterday they were defoliated and lst the better one was super cropped a little too much on its very thick stem. but i also took the shoots with bud sites after LSTing and bent the stalks ever so and already this am they are all pointed up already, few def. on the bottom, but im a little concerned with the thin top leaves, why are they so spiny and thin?

20181225_172013.jpg 20181225_172021.jpg 20181225_172149.jpg

before i take a break in between the other plants. i forever am making changes to the room. big growth with the super silver and the bag seeds needed it to be raised but its a constant struggle because everyones in different stages.

any one have suggestions on a good pH/ppm meter? mine broke again, so im on my now 4th or 5th. ive had several different digital and analog ones and this is my first grow so..

happy growing and safe holidays everyone.

alright and once again back at the head scratching phase. got a lot of pics, lots of questions. so ill get straight into it.

20181225_172115.jpg20181225_172122.jpg20181224_202826.jpg20181224_202835.jpg20181224_202849.jpg

first and foremost is the biggest head scratcher of all.
wasnt sure at first because a good with labeling but it was either gg#4 auto or black sugar photo.
clearly is gg#4 auto. i dont know why it stood so small? i guess the signs of flowering were there awhile ago i just didnt realize it. now that its in full on flower.. well i just know nothing really of the stage and a little apprehensive since this even happened. not expecting anymore growth out of it. have a few questions tho. its not really the healthiest looking. the leaves are cupping up, with no humidity or temp issues im worried its a deficiency, also when should i harvest? i lost some smell too possibly? not as sticky as a few days ago, should i flush it? any ideas why this happened?
I don't see a problem with this one! The leaves aren't really cupping, they're just in full transpiration and this is what a healthy and happy plant looks like. I had to fly out today and I'm stuck in the airport but when I get home I'll take a closer look at the pictures later tonight.I really don't think there's a problem here other than she's short!

I don't see a problem with this one! The leaves aren't really cupping, they're just in full transpiration and this is what a healthy and happy plant looks like. I had to fly out today and I'm stuck in the airport but when I get home I'll take a closer look at the pictures later tonight.I really don't think there's a problem here other than she's short!

fly safely!

20181225_130443.jpg20181225_130450.jpg20181224_202756.jpg20181224_202749.jpg
calcium might do the trick ? or is this burnt see thats a common problem for me, im not sure if im starving or burning sometimes

20181224_202910.jpg

my purple queen i really want to flower today with the other plants in flower and the super silver clone ive had vegging for 4 months are all getting 12 hours of dark today. shes really crowded in there, but surprisingly not as healthy as i wouldve liked to see her be. the leaves seem fragile almost. there were some either burnt or def leaves i took from the bottom and i gave it a feeding on xmas, all of the plants actually. everyone had a really good range of pH i just dont know if im feeding enough.

im not going to feed until i get a pH meter the mail though i need to order one but im skeptical to buy another one of those cheap yellow ones. they do me no good broken.

Back
Top Bottom