Name That Strain! - 3rd grow - 2 in a cfl cabinet and 2 outdoors

InhaledFreq

Hello, thanks for visiting my third grow. :smokin:

Details about this grow will be in the next post...

Name That Strain!

I know there are hundreds, if not thousands of strains of commercial and medical Cannabis out there. I am still hoping someone can help to identify this strain because I am absolutely in love with it. ;)
This is the same strain I grew for my [thread=97840]first grow[/thread], it was bagseed from some really nice $450 per oz bud.
The high... reminds me of strains like Grape Ape, except not quite as sleepy and a little more narcotic, really potent.
The smell... well, to me it smells like juicy fruit gum with a hint of hashy flavor.
The flavor... is basically the same as the smell.
The plant... Grows like an Indica and is either Indica dominate or 100% Indica. The stems for the fan leaves are purple all throughout the plant.
The color... The plant is a standard green (not too dark) and the flowers are a light, almost sea-green color with light orange hairs.
The flowers... are compact and have huge tricombs (almost look like hairs w/ mushroom tips)
Yield... The yield I got off of it was pretty good even thought I did almost everything wrong.
That's all the info I could think of, if anybody wants any further info please let me know...
Here's pics...
harvest-11.jpg

wk-5-flr-13.jpg

wk-5-flr-09.jpg

wk-5-flr-05.jpg

wk-4-flr-03.jpg

More pics [thread=97840]here[/thread].

:thanks: in advance to anyone who can help identify this strain!

Info about this grow in the next post...

Update - Seeds Greminating 6/24/09

Update - Seeds germinating

I put 4 seeds in a wet paper towel 6/24/09.

If they don't all sprout, I'll germ more until I have 4 seedlings. I only have a few of these seeds so I must use them carefully.

killerBeans-01.jpg
killerBeans-02.jpg

Full details about this grow in the next post... ;)

Grow Details - Name That Strain!!! - 3rd grow

Grow Details

Strain: Commercial/Medical grade bagseed
Indica/Sativa hybrid, Indica dominate % unknown
4 seeds
2 Indoor / 2 Outdoor (seed crop)
Soilless Mix
Grow Medium: Seed Starting Jiffy Mix w/ ~20% extra perlite
Container size: starting in 1 pint
Lights: 2 plants will get CFL's and 2 will get the sun
Room temp: 76-78 degrees F
RH of Room: too low
PH of media: 6.8
Pests: None
How often are you watering? keeping soil lightly moist
Type and strength of ferts used: none yet

Update

Update

3 seeds cracked open last night, I let them go for another 24 hours and all 4 had cracked and were ready to be planted.
crackedSeeds-01.jpg

crackedSeeds-02.jpg

crackedSeeds-03.jpg

So I planted them a few moments ago (sorry photos kind of dark).
plantedSeeds-01.jpg
plantedSeeds-02.jpg

I named these plants A, B, C and D.
As soon as I see sprouts I'll put them under 24 hour light.
plantedSeeds-03.jpg

plantedSeeds-04.jpg

Once this grow is in full swing I'll only be updating it, about once per week unless something unusual happens.

Thanks for following! :grinjoint:

Update - Sprouts 7/28/09

Update

This is yesterday's update. I couldn't get on the site last night, it was down or something was wrong with the connection, whatever anyway...

All 4 seeds have sprouted through the soil...
newSprouts-01.jpg

here's A...
newSprouts-02.jpg

and B...
newSprouts-03.jpg

and C...
newSprouts-04.jpg

...and D
newSprouts-05.jpg

The baby seedlings are all looking good, I'll post today's update w/ pics a little later tonight.
:ganjamon:

Update - Baby Seedlings - 7/29/09

Update

All four seedlings are standing up. They all look good so far.

here's A...
babySeedlings-01.jpg

and B...
babySeedlings-02.jpg

and C...
babySeedlings-03.jpg

...and here's D
babySeedlings-04.jpg

All are under 18/6 for the moment. No nutes yet, just water.
:bongrip:

^ Thanks! That info should help a lot... Google, here I come! :grinjoint:

^ Thanks for the pic! I checked Google and found pics of several Afghan hybrids that all look a lot like the strain I have... *sigh* There are so many strains out there... but at least that gives me a pretty good general idea of what this strain is. :smokin: Thanks again!

Update

Update

Seedlings are about 1 week old (9 days to be exact). I have them in the veg room under 18/6 using two 5500k blue cfls.

pics...
below we have A...
Seedlings1Wk-01.jpg

here's B...
Seedlings1Wk-02.jpg

and C...
Seedlings1Wk-03.jpg

and, last but not least, D...
Seedlings1Wk-04.jpg

They seem to be doing well, I'll be feeding them for the first time in a few days. :smokin:

Update

Fed the seedlings for the first time last night.

Gave them a little bit of 1/2 strength Schultz 10-15-10 because, unfortunately that's all I have for veg, but... I am about to transplant them into some MG organic potting soil w/ 25% extra perlite. I know, MG, I know. :( But it is all I have on hand and I can not spend one more dime on this grow because of having to move and all that. I have a lot of packing/cleaning to do, so I'm thinking it might even work out better in this case because it will be lower maintenance, as long as there are no pest in the soil. ;) I'll probably flush at harvest by chopping the plant and letting it spent its last couple of days with its stem stuck in a container full of distilled water w/ an air stone.
I'll post pics of the seedlings with the next update (when I transplant them).

i am using MG Organic Garden Soil. there seems to be a lot of mistakes about MG Organic and MG potting mix.
I did not feed my plants for a month and they suffered. MG organic garden soil has hardly any nutes at all. the plants will push up out of the dirt but i would urge you to consider nutes quickly. i moved up to N24-P12-K12 with bone meal granules. plants have responded excellently.. thought i was gonna lose them all. since they are stunted all will probably be male.

Well?

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom