Nanner seeds

cgkone

I got a nanner problem on a remote grow...well I'm not that mad 20seeds per plant and 30 grams a plant are these seeds unstable. It's all really excellent pot blue Maui ,707, and 2 shock shark.....the light was too close and it got warm...no light leaks. I hear different things about nanner seeds and have had success with just a couple seeds on a plant...info would be great guys thanks

i had a nanner problem. i did plant the seeds. the plants were very healthy. however all of the offspring were also hermie. i kept growing them for a while. however i got tired of them. i always had to cut down the plants early before the pollen was released since i had other non-hermie plants that i did not want to get pollinated.

it may not have been heat that made your plant turn hermie. i currently have a strain that was hermie right from the start. it is thc bomb. it is such a good strain that i am trying dutch master reverse. it is supposed to prevent pollen sacs from forming in hermies. so far so good. the plants are at 5 weeks and no nanners yet. if that works all the way to harvest, i may try it on some other strains that i have hermie seeds from. i know that the plants will be female. just a question of whether the chemical does prevent nanners. i'll post in another couple weeks. if no nanners by then it will have worked its magic. its a 9 week strain.

Thanks bro...I'm in the same boat,I got all these seeds from these killer strains and I would be in heaven if I could grow em without worry. I do a lot of stuff where I don't live at the location. I'm pretty sure it's because of stress because 3 out of for plants popped banners. I would love to be worry free when I grow next and my street cred is only so good where as to keep saying "hey man you might find a seed or two" that's gunna get old fast especially when I'm going in with partners. Please let me know how that spray works thanks buckeye

Bananas ah...

Well some strains are more prone to the hermie trait than others, i'm not say all strains of this name suffers with this problem it could be boiled down to breeder & what ever parent stock the breeder used to create they own strain under that name of the strain grown which could carry on the hermie trait !

Most hermie problems are environmental issue's... & more likely show past mid flowering to late flowering with bananas in the bud !

How ever flowering beyond normal time of strain can induce seed in the bud, lets just call that a self auto defence thing of the plant as to reproduce it self via forming seed so that it can survive another year etc

Seeds from a hemie plant, most believe that these seeds are largely female some thing to do with chromosomes either Y or X bla, bla, bla being missing... Ye going to need to do some further research on that one & been explain before on the forums !

Mmm to the point of using hermie seed & whether it holds true to original seed stock used is another question at hand all together & may suspect phenotype differences between seed grown !

cgkone, i know what you mean. i have around 100 seeds also from good strains,but all were from hermies. my experiment with thc bomb should be complete soon. when i grew clones of the thc bomb, there were nanners almost right away. i honestly think they were showing by 5 weeks. so far nothing. the dutch master reverse is to be sprayed as a foliar application right away in flowering , then every 10 days.in 2 weeks they will be 7 weeks into flowering. i know for a fact there were lots of nanners by then in the previous clones. so you should have a definitive answer in about 2 weeks. i have two plants in the flowering room.

mainly good news. only a little bad. i found 3 nanners on one plant, but none on the other.. at this point, 6 weeks, the previous 2 plants had about a hundred nanners. i'm not joking. the 3 nanners were all near the cola. i did not spray the cola as heavy. the instructions didn't say weather to spray buds or not. it just says to spray the leaves. i tried to get most of the leaves around the cola, but may have missed some. i'm a rookie with this stuff so that may account for 3 nanners. possibly more thorough spraying would have eliminated all of them. i will be spraying again tomorrow since it says to spray every 10 days.

if it shows my opinion of the stuff, i have started germinating some of my hermie seeds. at this point, i think it works and am going to keep using it unless i find otherwise.

i had purchased it quite a while ago at a local grow shop which carries dutch master products. l went back today to get some more since i have hermie seeds germinating. they dont have any and the owner, who i know well, said that it cannot be sold in the u.s. anymore because of the labeling? dont know exactly what he meant. but he said i could buy it on amazon from a canadian company. i did just that. it is supposed to be delivered around feb 1. in the meantime, i will keep you informed on the progress with the plants i have flowering. they will receive another spraying today. oh yeah. another thing i forgot. on amazon, there were customer reviews. about 5 reviews and all said it works. also you have to buy a satuator to use with reverse. one bottle of it will last about a million years since you use very little of it. but it is necessary since it is the chemical that makes it stick to the leaves as a foliar spray. can't think of anything else for now but will provide periodic updates all the way through harvest.

Back
Top Bottom