NannyBoo's Feminized Northern Lights, Indica, Outdoor Grow, 2021

NannyBoo

This is my first grow journal. But not my first grow ...
I grew outdoors for many yrs then switched to indoors for a couple of yrs.
Due to some medical issues I have not grown anything in 2-3 yrs and it is like starting all over again.
Thank you
:420:
for the platform to keep a journal (very cool)

and for such a well constructed site containing a crazy amount of knowledge.
Also to all the members who were so friendly & helpful right from the start
:thanks:

I would like to introduce you to my girls.
Plant Info: :yummy:
Strain - Feminized Northern Lights
Outdoor grow/Grown in lg pot in Happy Frog soil
Grow Stage - Week 6 of flowering
Nutrients - Fox Farm Trio & Cal-Mag

DSC_0737 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0722 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0713 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0665 (2)1280.JPG
DSC_0681 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0682 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0679 (5)1280.JPG
DSC_0683 (2)1280.JPG
DSC_0693 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0678 (3)1280.JPG
Notes:
Conditions...
Had extreme humidity and temps in July (90-100+ degrees)
Starting August with much rain and lower temps (62-80 degrees)
Fighting white flies & now aphids
Now treating with wettable sulphur

Ailments:
1) Yellowing of leaves with some dotting effect & some not but continues yellowing until the leaf dies off. This started on the bottom of the plant which I know is fairly normal while flowering but now it is creeping up toward the tops.

2) I have been rotating between dish detergent solution & using food grade diatomaceous to keep white flies & other bugs under control but does anyone know if this can damage the flowers. And is there any other organic way of getting rid of them.

Thank you to all who view/comment on my first grow journal :love: Any and all help is always greatly appreciated. :passitleft:

To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. – Alfred Austin

Wow the pics you have I don’t see any problems. The color looks great , @InTheShed has been doing bug kill comparing pest products.
You’ll enjoy the thread . I’m definitely watching this grow ! :thumb:

Wow the pics you have I don’t see any problems. The color looks great , @InTheShed has been doing bug kill comparing pest products.
Thanks WH!
using food grade diatomaceous to keep white flies & other bugs under control but does anyone know if this can damage the flowers
It won't damage the flowers but it can damage your lungs if you smoke it. DE will become part of the buds as they grow and therefore doesn't wash off at harvest. I've used DE mixed in water during veg though, sprayed on the bottoms of the leaves.

I use Safer insect killing soap (potassium salts) that I spray on in the morning before the sun is strong and rinse off the following morning to prevent build-up on the leaves. It kills on contact so you really need to get the plant wet from top to bottom when you use it.

Thank you West Hippie :love: I was having a few issues which seems to have cleared up with upping the nutrients. But the bug problem is on going. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction it is greatly appreciated. I hate to have come this far & have the bugs reap the rewards! :thanks:

Here’s another boo that’s growing outside.
She has some beautiful girls also .

Thanks WH!

It won't damage the flowers but it can damage your lungs if you smoke it. DE will become part of the buds as they grow and therefore doesn't wash off at harvest. I've used DE mixed in water during veg though, sprayed on the bottoms of the leaves.

I use Safer insect killing soap (potassium salts) that I spray on in the morning before the sun is strong and rinse off the following morning to prevent build-up on the leaves. It kills on contact so you really need to get the plant wet from top to bottom when you use it.
:thanks: so much InTheShed :love: for answering the DE Question & providing me with the Safer soap option greatly appreciate any help I can get!
So happy I stopped using the DE about 2 wks ago only because I noticed it not rinsing off the flowers. I have been trying other things but still haven't won the battle. Here's hoping...I'll let you know how it goes. :Namaste:

Here’s another boo that’s growing outside.
She has some beautiful girls also .
You weren't kidding :love: Gorgeous

End of week 7
Hi everyone
I hope I am doing this right by just adding to the thread.

Sorry it took so long to post :(
Dealing with sick family members and then hurricane Henri decided to change its path.
After 2 days of some gusty winds and pretty heavy rain this is how it ended. The girls are drenched but still look good. Au Revoir Hurricane Henri :ciao:

DSC_0120 (3).JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Well this is where I'm at. Sorry i didn't have much time to devote to my journal this week.
I Will post more picks at the end of the week. So how are we doing? Wishing all a happy healthy grow. :green_heart:
Thank you for viewing. :passitleft:

Sorry about your sick family members but the plants survived brilliantly! Love the rainbow pic too. :)
Thank you InTheShed :love: So far the family members survived too :laugh:
As usual the plants were more cooperative than the humans!
:passitleft:

“Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it.”
― Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird

Hi ya :420: Growing Gurus :ciao:

Update
Outdoor Feminized NL
Grown in Happy Frog Soil
Still on the FF Trio feeding schedule

The weather has been extremely unstable over the past week. From tropical storms with torrential rain
and wind to heat waves of 90+ degrees. The humidity was so high this past week the girls were dripping every morning. I also found and removed a few spots of bud rot. Was waiting on the Safers and happy to say it just showed up and I will be treating them tomorrow. Thank you InTheShed for doing the research and passing on
that knowledge. :love: InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I have a confession: The NL seeds from SuzySeeds I started were 6+ yrs old and I did not think they were all
going to pop. But they did and I had no choice but to keep on growing. This is the biggest grow for me up to
this point and not having much time on hand is making it hard to keep up with the care and record their journey.
I am hoping for a successful end to this grow and hopefully start fresh with an indoor grow for the winter and
better journaling.
I have been following a few grows now on :420:and decided to order a trio pack of
Chocolope, Strawberry Cough & Super Lemon Haze from 420. This is the first time I have ordered from 420.
They arrived last night. The STC & SLH seeds look fine but the Chocolope seeds were mashed. Sent off a note to 420 with some pics hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.
chocolope.jpg

Well that is it for now.
All comments & suggestions are welcome...
:thanks: for visiting my journal. Wishing everyone a Happy Healthy Grow! :Namaste:

The collage of pics below is beginning of week 7 and end of week 8:
compare1a.png
compare4.JPG
compare3.JPG
compare2.JPG

Sorry about the seeds but it seems the post office has been smashing a lot of them lately! I hope 420 will replace them, as they were good about re-sending a couple from my first ever seed purchase in 2017.

Plants are looking great...tall, frosty, and packing on the bulk!
:thanks:InTheShed. 420 did respond quite quickly & are sending out some replacements.
Also thanks to West Hippie for directing me to you for the Safers tip. I did what you said and lil worms came crawling out that I didn't even know were there. :oops: I feel a little better now that I have a solution to the bug problem.
But most of all thanks for keeping an eye on my girls. :love: Your help help is soooo greatly appreciated. :adore: :passitleft:

End of week 7
Hi everyone
I hope I am doing this right by just adding to the thread.

Sorry it took so long to post :(
Dealing with sick family members and then hurricane Henri decided to change its path.
After 2 days of some gusty winds and pretty heavy rain this is how it ended. The girls are drenched but still look good. Au Revoir Hurricane Henri :ciao:

DSC_0120 (3).JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Well this is where I'm at. Sorry i didn't have much time to devote to my journal this week.
I Will post more picks at the end of the week. So how are we doing? Wishing all a happy healthy grow. :green_heart:
Thank you for viewing. :passitleft:
Next month is coming quick and you need 17 more post before you get to submit the top photo in the Photo of the Month contest ! You can submit it between the first and the fifteenth of the month .
And your welcome .

This is my first grow journal. But not my first grow ...
I grew outdoors for many yrs then switched to indoors for a couple of yrs.
Due to some medical issues I have not grown anything in 2-3 yrs and it is like starting all over again.
Thank you
:420:
for the platform to keep a journal (very cool)

and for such a well constructed site containing a crazy amount of knowledge.
Also to all the members who were so friendly & helpful right from the start
:thanks:

I would like to introduce you to my girls.
Plant Info: :yummy:
Strain - Feminized Northern Lights
Outdoor grow/Grown in lg pot in Happy Frog soil
Grow Stage - Week 6 of flowering
Nutrients - Fox Farm Trio & Cal-Mag

DSC_0737 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0722 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0713 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0665 (2)1280.JPG
DSC_0681 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0682 (4)1280.JPG
DSC_0679 (5)1280.JPG
DSC_0683 (2)1280.JPG
DSC_0693 (1)1280.JPG
DSC_0678 (3)1280.JPG
Notes:
Conditions...
Had extreme humidity and temps in July (90-100+ degrees)
Starting August with much rain and lower temps (62-80 degrees)
Fighting white flies & now aphids
Now treating with wettable sulphur

Ailments:
1) Yellowing of leaves with some dotting effect & some not but continues yellowing until the leaf dies off. This started on the bottom of the plant which I know is fairly normal while flowering but now it is creeping up toward the tops.

2) I have been rotating between dish detergent solution & using food grade diatomaceous to keep white flies & other bugs under control but does anyone know if this can damage the flowers. And is there any other organic way of getting rid of them.

Thank you to all who view/comment on my first grow journal :love: Any and all help is always greatly appreciated. :passitleft:

To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. – Alfred Austin
That is just beautiful growth. I have no emoticons to do it justice. Thanks for the kind bud pix!

Next month is coming quick and you need 17 more post before you get to submit the top photo in the Photo of the Month contest ! You can submit it between the first and the fifteenth of the month .
And your welcome .
I know, I'm trying West Hippie. :love: I appreciate the kick in the plants too. :cheer:

Lately I barely have time to take care of the girls so I really appreciate all the help :thanks:

"Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t." :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom