Natedogg's Grow! Gelato & Purple Kush, Monster Cropped Clone Taffie x GG#4, Will Be Flowering Under Mars Hydro TSW3000 In 5x5

Natedog420grows

This will be my first grow journal and my second indoor grow. I have grown outdoors for many years but I have learned a great deal over the last year. I read about growing constantly. I do not consider myself an expert but I have attained a good amount of knowledge.

My first grow was 2 plants:Taffy x GG#4 in my 5x5 tent under CMH for veg and 600W HPS for Flower. I installed my new Mars Hydro TSW3000 light during my last 2 weeks of flower which happened to be yesterday. I failed to keep up with the pruning during the stretch and ended up with Leaf Septoria as well as a very uneven canopy which reduced my yield but here's a pic of that grow which is in final flush. Even though this journal is about a different grow. You live and learn
1578352082878-1013482598.jpg

Now to the grow at hand! I have 2 Gelato plant's and the 2 smaller ones are Purple Kush. Both strains by Crop King Seeds. The funky looking one with the 3 leaf sets is the monster cropped Taffie x GG#4 clone which Im not convinced has fully returned to vegetative state but we'll give it some time. They are vegging out in my little veg/clone tent which is 36"x18"x 5' tall under a cheap Ustar 600W LED that Amazon gave me for free after delivering it to the wrong house! I hope to switch everything over to the 5x5 tent with my new Mars Hydro TSW3000 Quantum board style LED light within 2 weeks time. I'm super excited to save electricity and see how it compares to my traditional HID lights. I'm definitely not selling them any time soon but I hope to be able to eventually. These were all transplanted in to their current containers today.
1578353515393-2130872729.jpg

I will check back in a week or 2!

Very rarely do I catch a journal this early!
:high-five:

I'm in for the show.... interested in seeing that TS in action.
:thumb:

I will definitely check you out! Thanks for following! I am excited to see what the TS can do also. Everyone is super critical of Mars Hydro because they use Epistar chips instead of Samsung. I say the proof will be in the pudding. The reviews I found of the TS1000 and TS2000 were stellar! The TS3000 just came out so there's no reviews out there yet.

I will definitely check you out! Thanks for following! I am excited to see what the TS can do also. Everyone is super critical of Mars Hydro because they use Epistar chips instead of Samsung. I say the proof will be in the pudding. The reviews I found of the TS1000 and TS2000 were stellar! The TS3000 just came out so there's no reviews out there yet.
Link to my current journal is in my signature. (Hunting for the Unicorn)

I'm running 2 SP250's in flower, and a TS600 in veg.

Link to my current journal is in my signature. (Hunting for the Unicorn)

I'm running 2 SP250's in flower, and a TS600 in veg.

Another Mars Hydro guy! Nice!

I did a little pruning of huge fan leaves that were blocking out the light to the lowers and added a supplimental white led strip to help penetration. I am still impatiently waiting to harvest the above mentioned grow in order to get these ladies into the 5x5 flower tent and under the Mars Hydro TSW3000.
1578592478109138190622.jpg

I did a little pruning of huge fan leaves that were blocking out the light to the lowers and added a supplimental white led strip to help penetration. I am still impatiently waiting to harvest the above mentioned grow in order to get these ladies into the 5x5 flower tent and under the Mars Hydro TSW3000.
1578592478109138190622.jpg
They look happy!
:welldone:

As an experienced outdoor grower, I have been taking 1 thing for granted. That is the fact that indoors, there is no wind blowing the plants around. I was under the impression that fans in the tent should not blow directly on the plants. Today I realize that is wrong. When plants are stacking tight nodes during the vegetative state, depending on strain, I have noticed that without a fan blowing directly on them, some of my Gelato leaves are overlapping and sitting on one another just right and the moisture created by transpiration was just sitting in between the leaves and starting to actually rot them. I realize now this is where I went wrong with the plants I have in late flower that ended up with fungus. From now on, my leaves will be constantly fluttering in the wind.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday!

Hey Nate...think I'll follow along here if you don't mind. I've been tossing around the idea of switching from HID to LED too. My state is offering rebates on DLC listed LED models, so more incentive to make the switch. But man those models are expensive!

Hey Nate...think I'll follow along here if you don't mind. I've been tossing around the idea of switching from HID to LED too. My state is offering rebates on DLC listed LED models, so more incentive to make the switch. But man those models are expensive!
You are more than welcome to follow. The more the merrier! I am super excited to see what the new light can do. I have my HID's on stand-by in case the TSW3000 fails. I am impatiently waiting to get these girls into the flower tent. Probably 1 more week of flush and then a week of drying and it will be time to switch em over!

The up front investment is intimidating but I'm sure the savings will be well worth it. Not to mention the claims of better tasting product and more vibrant colors. Coming from HID's it's really hard to get used to the difference in heat output. I have disconnected my intake from the outside air and started using room temperature air. I'm still working out the kinks of getting everything automated with the new light. I no longer need a humidifier inside the tent but have transitioned to running it in the room where the intake air comes from.

As an experienced outdoor grower, I have been taking 1 thing for granted. That is the fact that indoors, there is no wind blowing the plants around. I was under the impression that fans in the tent should not blow directly on the plants. Today I realize that is wrong. When plants are stacking tight nodes during the vegetative state, depending on strain, I have noticed that without a fan blowing directly on them, some of my Gelato leaves are overlapping and sitting on one another just right and the moisture created by transpiration was just sitting in between the leaves and starting to actually rot them. I realize now this is where I went wrong with the plants I have in late flower that ended up with fungus. From now on, my leaves will be constantly fluttering in the wind.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday!
Yeah man....

Tight stacks leave all sorts of places for them plants to sweat.

I keep a 16" oscillating fan running in my space and route my air scrubber exhaust up their undercarriage.

Air movement is key!

The up front investment is intimidating but I'm sure the savings will be well worth it. Not to mention the claims of better tasting product and more vibrant colors. Coming from HID's it's really hard to get used to the difference in heat output. I have disconnected my intake from the outside air and started using room temperature air. I'm still working out the kinks of getting everything automated with the new light. I no longer need a humidifier inside the tent but have transitioned to running it in the room where the intake air comes from.
The reduced heat output would make a big difference. I gave up trying to grow over the summer due to heat problems from HID. A switch to LED could allow that extra grow each year.

The reduced heat output would make a big difference. I gave up trying to grow over the summer due to heat problems from HID. A switch to LED could allow that extra grow each year.
I can't believe how hot the TSW300 runs. I had a hard time controlling the heat with the drivers mounted on the light so I relocated them outside of the tent. Just the light itself will raise temps up to 90 degrees. The driver's are almost too hot to touch being away from the light. I thought I would get away with using room temp air for intake with LED but I'm in the process of re-connecting my outside air intake. There goes one major benefit to switching right out the window!! I guess a summer grow indoors will still be out of the question without A/C running non stop. I sure hope I save a shit-ton on electricity with this light!! I've got just enough time to flower this current grow and have some clones ready for the outside grow.

These girls are experiencing explosive growth. I gave them a light feeding of Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Cali-Magic. I am running out of space quick but trying to hang as long as possible before chopping the ladies that are occupying my flower tent. I want to do some bending on the Gelatos and have yet to top the Purple Kush but it's already too crowded in my little veg tent.
20200114_102107.jpg

Today I got brave and gave the Gelatos and the weird clone a good super cropping. I bent those ladies over big time. I squeezed and rolled the stems and just manipulated the tops to fall in a manner that should allow the lower branches to catch up. Hopefully I didn't get too rough. I always worry they aren't going to live.....but they surprise me usually. I have snapped a few and killed them but that's how you learn. This bending should also save me vertical space while also lowing the Purple Kush to catch up. Fingers crossed! For some reason I can't upload pictures right now. I even resized but it won't work.

Ok so I harvested the Taffy x GG#4 and cleaned out the flower tent for the grow at hand. The ones in 5 g pots are 1 day into recovery from super cropping. I was pretty brutal with them but everyone's looking up at least. They should knuckle up real good.

Finally vacated the little veg tent!!
20200117_125148.jpg

The ladies are all settled into their new home. I am super excited to see them grow and recover. Almost time to transplant and top the Purple Kush. I want to flip to 12/12 by Feb 1. Stay tuned!
20200117_125000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom