NATIONAL ACTION ALERT: Call the Obama and McCain Campaigns

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
NATIONAL ACTION ALERT: Call the Obama and McCain Campaigns

Two candidates, one president. Both Obama and McCain have public positions on medical cannabis, and one is better than the other, but neither is perfect. But you can help. Call both campaigns right now and set them straight about medical cannabis.

Sen. Barack Obama has stated publicly that he will end DEA raids on medical cannabis patients. Call his campaign at: (866) 675-2008 and say:

"Hi, my name is ___________ and I want to thank Sen. Obama for promising to end DEA raids on medical cannabis patients in California. But, 80% of Americans live in states where they can be arrested for using medical cannabis as recommended by their doctors. I urge the Senator to support cannabis research and legal protections for all medical cannabis patients.

On the other hand, Sen. John McCain will not end DEA raids, and does not even believe that cannabis can be an effective treatment. Call his campaign at: (703) 418-2008, and say:

"Hi, my name is __________ and I understand Sen. McCain is opposed to ending DEA raids on seriously ill patients in states that have medical cannabis laws. But medical research, public opinion, and states' rights all say Sen. McCain is wrong, and I strongly urge him to change his position in favor of protecting patients who use medical cannabis legally in their own state."

Back
Top Bottom