Natural Flavourings Reviews & Attempts?

If I harvest with clear trichomes and no cloudy I get a speedy high, well at least I did with Northern lights and I grew hundreds of that strain, I always found going 50% was never a problem for me, I have some photos somewhere someone did for me of a bud and it's pretty much looks all amber but it's only half.

Some of the past strains I've grown though have had loads of different phenos and never all the same.

The reason why I always go 50/50 is I found if I tried to go for 10 or even 20% amber I'd have 20-30% clear still but as soon as I waited till 50% amber I would always have cloudy left over.

My research is only based on northern lights though, never really checked many of my other strains as it hurts my eyes causing headaches.

I should have mentioned the most important factor I totally forgot to state.

One of the many reasons I push my buds that far is 9/10 that's how long it takes for the plant to mature into solid buds with no hairs and a nice finished look.

Okay here's a little break down from what I've just tested but before that, the Sweet Skunk got bud rot on 1 nug and I caught it in time however the stem it was on ended up dying off and the bud dried there on the plant under the lights on.

So apart from the obvious being quite harsh I can definitely be sure there is a nice taste there hovering over the top and I imagine with the correct cure I know that this will be like nothing I've had before so I'm real excited.

What do I thinks worked?

All I can think of is the Addictives I gave them being the Sweet, Sweet Berry and Strawberry Flush.

My next grow schedule for flower is:

Greenleaf Mega Crop
Greenleaf Bud Explosion
Greenleaf Sweet

Orca & Great White

Should I add a small amount of BioBizz Fish-Mix in the last 3-4 weeks of flower?

I'll be for sure using this Flush again too.

Well I lost the Sweet Skunk auto to rot in drying which was my own fault but not to worry.

The Amnesia turned out the best in this grow and I've currently been smoking it for around a week now, smells like a bag of sweets but tastes like a bag of coal :laugh: I told you all I'd be the most honest reviewer so yeah it tastes the same, I'm no further forward with taste however someone 50% better on smells.

Right I'm honest as can be, the White Widow smells like tea bag boxes when it's burning and the Bruce Banger simply needed longer time which I didn't have to give.

I chose the wrong White Widow Pheno Clone as it seems to be not the greatest and takes more time than I'd initially like to give.

Note, don't ever try mixed scrogs lol.

I'm writing this year off and just classing it as a test and trial year.

Okay so I've been able to source some Jungle Boy Genetic Seeds and I'm planning on buying packs of them and a friend is going to Pheno hunt and get the best of the best from each pack then do the same with the next packs and once we have enough pollen saved we'll then breed against each other, the friend I'm talking too is in the seed business so he'll always make sure there perfect!

There's a total of 17 strains to try so that's my next go to strains to try from now on, little expensive for regular 10 packs but I'm pretty sure we're just paying for a name here but of course quality genetics.

We're going for a Banana strain first, then a cherry or ice cream strain and then move through the other strains, give or take in the next 5-8 year we should have grown them all out and collected the best pheno seeds.

You know I'm excited too, lately I've been getting a little bored of doing the same thing over and over so I'm going to run 6 at a time with 3 in hydro/coco and 3 in an organic soil so maybe try a living organic setup.

Was growing Pakistan Valley & had a problem at the time with the mother of all fungus gnats orgies. I ordered some products and while waiting for delivery I tried something I had read about using cinnamon. I misted the soil with water & crop dusted with fine ground cinnamon from the spice rack. The freaking gnats would surface when the soil got misted and they hated the crop dusting... too bag DIE you little fuggers! Turns out the cinnamon does not kill but it sure irritates the vermin.

Anywho, it took about a week for the neem & other grow supplies to arrive so I keep up the routine & even stuck halves of cinnamon sticks in the soil to help. Later around the time of chop I couldn’t help noticing the aroma of cinnamon in my buds.

Ok so it’s anecdotal and not scientific at all but I will go out on a limb to say that any scent (whether accidental or on purpose) near the grow has the ability to be reflected into the final product. No it’s not a direct 1 to 1 transfer but if you grow near hog waste lagoon or use strong fishy ferts then that scent can be picked up and reflected in your produce. Fortunately I think the plants take the invading odor and try to mask it but end up making it with their own twist.

I recall years ago while hiking I found 6 plants in sunny spot in the woods, the plants all had skunk hair spread around the stems, I pondered that and assumed the grower figured out that was how skunk weed was grown. Turns out it was simply predator control to keep deer & rabbits at bay.

There are other reports of buds tasting like Ona gel or fresh laundry from close proximity. I’m not suggesting you break out the cinnamon but thought this was on topic enough for inclusion and to spur your thinking.

Hello guys sorry for the late replies.

Well this time around I've switched the feed up a little and added fish mix as I did see somewhere that it helped with tastes.

New schedule is to 20L and I'll feed this same amount up till 2 weeks before harvest, the last 2 weeks will be fish mix week one and flush week 2.

20ml CalMag
60ml Bloom
20ml Fish Mix
5g Greenleaf Seeet
10ml Orca

Theres certainly a lot of opinions out there for getting the best flavours I suppose we just have to try each one at a time, it would be great if I could get hold of a big medical producers feed Schedule data.

I tried that on a gel once before but found it to be a waste of money but I could see how it could taint the buds.

Would water from the tap have any effect do you think?

Speak with a good friend often about this and I always say there's got to be a high % of people who tell porkie pies on the final out come of there bud :laugh:.

No worries on late reply!

Just my 2 cents... & definitely NOT an expert here!

But no I don’t think tap water would impact the taste/smell unless it’s some really foul smelling stuff used repeatedly over the duration of grow. Now what you add to that water is a different story.

I maintain that any funky foreign scent (fish ferts, bat guano or magic tadpole testicles) regardless of whether thru soil, air or water; anything that the plant is exposed to for long periods of time can have an impact on taste...perhaps not a direct 1 to 1 transfer but it can absorbed into the roots, leaves, buds and plant material which manipulates the taste and or terps.

It’s the same way terpinator works. If you leave in sealed in the bottle it doesn’t change your profile,
but when you add it to your grow - it changes stuff.

Sure there’s always some with an agenda.

Big producer? search here for user named Happy Cola not sure if there’s a space in between or not. Anywho he’s got a large scale grow tho not sure if it’s medical or recreational

For some reason I'm not getting notifications for this thread, anyway yeah I get what your saying about the overall impact so yeah I've kept to a organic nute schedule with fish mix in but one thing to always know is when your growing in a bedroom never forget about fish mix nutes standing lol.

Today I fed CalMag, Bloom and Purpinator in which I'm only running the Purpinator twice per week and then fish mix also at twice per week.

I'm at week 5 of flower and look like a good 2 weeks of nutrients and 1-2 weeks flush.

Some of the past strains I've grown though have had loads of different phenos and never all the same.

The reason why I always go 50/50 is I found if I tried to go for 10 or even 20% amber I'd have 20-30% clear still but as soon as I waited till 50% amber I would always have cloudy left over.
Reading back over it now, i get this too. I wounder sometimes if its my lights getting dimmer ~(due to use) so after a couple grows, i think some trichs might be taking longer to finish.b
When im waiting for more amber tho mostly at this point my bud looks 100% done, orange hairs all over, dence, alout of yellowing. So i think im over growing sometimes, even tho im still waiting for more cloudy. But that all could be todo with my lack of feeding threw out the grow.

But try this, instead of waiting till the steam snaps while drying. While the buds still extra sticky/ damp. Jar it then. and even slower dry but still not fully dry, leave a bit of stick to it. i did it with some blueberry and cookies recently and the blueberry is turning out nicly, cookies is good but not quite that sweet smell and taste i think its these genitics tho couse she hasnt been burning well even tho iv been flusing and grew it in hydro and soil

I had a period of several grows where all of my pot tasted the same. It was unremarkable and I got none of the berry or other flavors that the varieties advertised.
What I realized was that my plants were not finishing out correctly... I was not supplying enough P and K at the end and I had no idea about the additional vitamins and amino acids that could help prop up the flavor profile, either. Once I started using Terpinator at the end, as well as other finishing products to add in extra stuff, my pot started having distinct flavors again.
I would never consider adding an outside flavor to my pot by adding something smelly to my watering... with my luck that smell would combine with the plants natural flavors and would taste like death.
Yeah I like the terpinator and floranectar fruitnfusion both. I was checking out the Botanicare products like berry, citrus,raw, and almost got the raw but decided to stay in the same company gh.

That sounds more logic in theroy to dry 7 days with maby more air flow and capture some the moisture and burp more?!?!!? must work for him tho.

thats what i mean its crazy, but it sounds like a 2 week dry and 4 week cure, ud really have to know the drying time:smokin:
is the buds crispy dry or have they got some squeeze to them? couse i often think im over drying just a lil
If you wait two weeks to jar you waited way to long for a proper cure. You need the buds moisture burped hot the jars over that two 3 weeks. I let mine hang for about 4-5 days. Just when’s it’s crisp enough to manicure the buds. Manicure then jar and burp. Keep in a cool dark place with air moving. There are these king palm shells that have little balls of natural berry terms in them. You pack them then snap the ball in the filter and you get crazy flavors and your not burning anything extra for that flavor. Try one of those for the dull nugs.

Hello all so it's been a little while since I've been here and this is what I've got to say after doing quite a lot of testing and research, well it may not be the best research but even bad days good data :laugh:.

So me and a few friends bought some of these branded packs of bud to try and I must admit what a taste compared to home grown, so I'm sticking to 420 rules and not naming any of the companies or the strain names but I'll be able to state flavours.

So we tried some cake and hey ho it tasted like Christmas cake, the taste resembled the backlash of a lacquer, so it tasted and semi smelled of its name.

We tried another pack which was an apparent mintie tasting and smelling bud, so the taste was like having an after 8 chocolate but the smell didn't at all smell like mint.

We also tried a zkittles pack, I'm not even sure what tastes its supposed to be but I could simply taste strawberries with a very smooth almost creamy smoke that was very thick and burned smelling like lemons or a very citrus like smell.

The last we tried was ice cream and that too tasted very heavily creamy pretty much like an old school afghani or widow so nothing to shout about but I suppose yeah it tastes like it should, burned smell was like a very skunk skunk smell.

So this is the research collected, each of these packs were cultivated, dried and packed within 15 days, we smoked them at day 21 after he came home from holiday so how on earth are these flavours coming out with no cure time or atleast the cure time is however long its been in the bag from that date and that's also no burping until you open the bag.

To me okay I'm more than confused and the guys I smoked with are old school 90s growers and they have always grown thick creamy bud after good 8+ week burp and cure and even they were totally shocked at how quality the bud, smell and overall the taste they were more surprised with, now these growers grow in the best of the best soils they've created up over the years so they've never been able to help my Coco schedules but recently they have now changed to Coco for faster growth turn arounds and again their tastes are the same as their soil grows after the same amount of burp/cure ect the flavour is perfect in fact a few are using the @Cultivator schedule.

So how can they taste so good with basicllay a turn around of alive plants to sellable amazingly tasty bud in 14-18 days?

I'm convinced it's what their feeding them, I know genetics play a great key part of growing but I'm always up for learning or being convinced to why it's that way would be great!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom