Natural Flavourings Reviews & Attempts?

Everybody is different but in my experience, increasing drying time as much as possible as drastically improved final taste and smell. I went from 3 days to 6 days to 9 days and it has made a world of difference. I now leave most of the fan leaves on when drying and try to hang as big branches as possible to increase water retention. I also keep the drying tent at 64% humidity and decrease by 1% every 2 days, ending around 59%
I agree. I try to let mine dry for as long as possible usually about 10-12 days, also keeping the temp low is important. I have a plant still drying on day 14 and it can probably go another day or two but it’s getting jarred today.

Same with me @indochronic I eventually harvest what looks like perfect bud but once dried and cured it's just always the same breathless taste.

Atleast with adding the sweet which is high in PK along with what's supposed to be a Berry adative we'll see if there's a different at the end of this harvest after a good drying time ill be able to tell what it will be like with a pre cure smoke.

Between us all id say well find the magic ingredient for that terp boost, but for now id defo try the cold dark long dry and cure. sometime my buds drying so long like 2 weeks, it seems like its neve gona dry lol
:yummy:

I've done long drying times but I was told not so long back on here to only do a 5-7 day dry then jar up by a longtime grower but I can't find the post.

There's got to be something else as I have a bag of bud here that days it was cut down at one date and then bagged 5-6 weeks later, that's like a 4 week max cure and straight in a bag to come out tasting like ice cream on a plate a just can't see how it's possible especially when the growers use either coco or rockwool :laugh:.

That sounds more logic in theroy to dry 7 days with maby more air flow and capture some the moisture and burp more?!?!!? must work for him tho.

There's got to be something else as I have a bag of bud here that days it was cut down at one date and then bagged 5-6 weeks later, that's like a 4 week max cure and straight in a bag to come out tasting like ice cream on a plate a just can't see how it's possible especially when the growers use either coco or rockwool :laugh:.
thats what i mean its crazy, but it sounds like a 2 week dry and 4 week cure, ud really have to know the drying time:smokin:
is the buds crispy dry or have they got some squeeze to them? couse i often think im over drying just a lil

It's certainly a mystery, often I think people must really over exaggerate there flavours lol.

Iv been doing 8+ weeks curing and nothing has still changed but now il try with this concoction of high PK's and fruit flush, also I'm going to try this other method that's mentioned else where.

Starve the plant for around 4 days depending on your medium then feed a concoction of extracts ect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200620_201400_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200620_201400_com.android.chrome.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 60
Well Im going to try and push for 28 more growing days, so 7 days of 1 feed schedule then slightly adjust the other 7 and then run this flavoured flush for 14 days however try that flavourings on the last day.

So pretty much this.

Week 1.

Water PPM 60

Bloom 500 PPM

Boost 2ml Per L

PK 1.5ml Per L

Orca 0.25ml Per L

Sweet Candy 10g to 20L

Sweet Berry 2ml Per L

Week 2.

Water PPM 60

Bloom 500 PPM

Plagron Green Sensation 1ml Per L

Sweet Candy 10g to 20L

Sweet Berry 2ml Per L

Week 3. (Start Of Flush)

Water PPM 60

Sweet Candy 5g to 20L

Sweet Berry 2ml Per L

Week 4.

Water 60 PPM

Plain water for 3 days then let the plant totally semi dry out then put 1 TSPN of Cherry Flavourings to 5L of water.

What do you think @Emilya

It would be nice to find out but I suppose we'll find out, I'll be able to give a review in around 8 weeks after a 2 week cure.

What drying time has worked for you then?

Suppose it's got to be different with every strain as I've had some huge buds and some small but mega dense buds, some took 3 days whilst some took 10+.

Currently looking for Strains for my last grow of the year, ideal strain would be that produces more bud than leaf, atleast if I let them mature till there like rocks it helps with not having to cut as many leaves then atleast this way I can hang the whole plant to dry.

when do u guys harvest trichs ? i try go for a couple amber here and there they say 5-10% ambers like the peek time, so im guessing a couple amber dots on each bud would be 5% ish. iv been finding recently some my bud doesnt burn great and was told its to much (N) stil in the bud. witch would effect the overall of course. So my question is do u always wait till the leaves are yellow or have fallen off or havent when plants are mainly green?

I usually wait till around 50/50 amber/cloudy trichs, best way because if your smoking your own all the time your tolerance becomes pretty much overcome the bud your smoking, the way I look at it is if you have more Amber then you'll have more days smoking.

Lately with the cheese I was harvesting at around 10% Amber but that's because of the amount of flowering time the strain needed, I did the fatal mistake and never read the Data for them and only realised towards the end of flower it's actually a sativa strain, I'm an Indica grower so it was not a great thing to find out.

If your buds not burning iv found out that it's down to not the greatest of drying, I've done two harvests this year without a flush and it burns well with nice colour Ash, however I have some bud that I put aside that got crap drying and some still has minimum moisture left in and it tastes and burns horribly.

I must admit drying is a nightmare to get it perfect but atleast if we try a few concoctions in here then atleast we can say we've tried.

I don't know how much N I have in my current setup but I'll take a look for sure.

I usually go for 10% amber 90% cloudy. When trichomes are milky the plant is at its most potent state. It’s personal preference, I’ve come across a couple people who wait until it gets very amber and they seem to like it. Different strokes for different folks

That is very true, I like it stronger so then I can make it last longer and make my tolerance last a little longer.
So you find that the 50/50 amber to milky ratio is stronger then a 100% milk? Hmm curious, I’ve heard others say similar ratios as well even though 100% milk is supposed to be when the plant is at its most potent. Just a testament to how different everyones endocannabinoid systems are.

I was always told its clear, cloudy and then Amber, seen a lot of charts like that too.

So your clear is a speedy high, cloudy being head and body high then amber being couch lock effect.

I like the 50/50 high as its great for during the day and at night.

It has been my experience that if I wait for 50% amber, by that time the early amber's are already starting to degrade into black. I find my peak of potency by harvesting at 2% amber, when there are practically no clear and most of the trichomes are cloudy. I start the harvest process here, and by the time I am finished with 36-48 hours of darkness, and then hanging in the dark drying tent, my 2% has evolved to 5-10% as I go into the cure... right where I like it.

I was always told its clear, cloudy and then Amber, seen a lot of charts like that too.

So your clear is a speedy high, cloudy being head and body high then amber being couch lock effect.

I like the 50/50 high as its great for during the day and at night.
No clear trichomes will not produce a speedy high... they will produce a very weak almost non existent high, most likely followed by a headache. Lol 100% milky is when the plant is at its peak potency, when trichomes turn amber the THC starts degrading into CBN. Which is much less psychoactive and much more of a relaxing body type high. The type of high you get is based on genetics, trichome maturity can slightly alter those effects but really sativas provide a more “speedy”, energetic, uplifting high while indicas provide a more mellow, relaxing, body high. So by going 50% amber your actually going past peak potency and going over ripe... but again everyone is different and reacts to bud differently. But I’m 100% sure about the trichome statement I made above, you should do some google research on trichome maturity in relation to peak potency.

Back
Top Bottom