Natural Spirit's Grafting Journey Of 2019

Onwards to the graft and beyond, glad to see you went right back at it, can't wait to see how they go...

Heya Smeegs:ciao:

I realised i would not graft during the move and the pre-packing and so. This way i am sure i grafted and i dont have time to take the bag off LOL.

How are you doing this weekend guys?

So i may be incorrect. You may have other attempts in other styles of graft going. Yet the pics above show your going the cleft graft tech path. Thats all good but you need to be targeting your graft points to where tissue type is an easy match. Thats why i have such ease with grafting. The donor has to be of similar age and size to the stock. Once you have 2 points with basically the same girth its simple to match the tissue layers up.
Also if you want a better seal, for the graft point. Get some PTFE plumbers tape. (Its my secret grafting weapon)

Soz if im mistaken etc

So i may be incorrect. You may have other attempts in other styles of graft going. Yet the pics above show your going the cleft graft tech path. Thats all good but you need to be targeting your graft points to where tissue type is an easy match. Thats why i have such ease with grafting. The donor has to be of similar age and size to the stock. Once you have 2 points with basically the same girth its simple to match the tissue layers up.
Also if you want a better seal, for the graft point. Get some PTFE plumbers tape. (Its my secret grafting weapon)

Soz if im mistaken etc

Heya LA, Thank you for the help :high-five:

I Did grafted on softer tissue and the harder just to see If it makes a difference. Before I went with the V cut in the stem(grafting tool) but I find it to be more for bigger brenches.

The tape should be here somewhere. It was used on a video to do several People like it so i Will try it for Sure.

This project is still balancing and I havent found my “standard procedure” yet.

Lets hope we get to create the frankenwillow here :goof:

Good evening everyone!

So the grafts are still in plastic, and it takes all my patience to let them be without checking in. Still this round will be left alone and we will see if they take off:morenutes:

To keep your minds going i'd like to ask you if anyone has grown in a pyramid shape. Looking into pyramids, alot of curiousness and some loose wires cause my brain to keep rattling.

To kick it up a notch is there anyone known with Orgon energy? also known as "prana" "chi" and "ki" There have been interesting minds building these "Orgon boxes"by looking into the energy patterns forming, changing and projecting. This was claimed to have beneficial effects on body and mind, so why not on our plants?

The move is coming closer so the coming moth might be quiet, but please realize there is a lot going on in my mind that i'd like to enroll along with the grafting side.

Good morning everyone:nerd-with-glasses:

So the move is over, or well all the stuff is stuffed in the house lol! My gosh can a human collect a bunch of material balast!
True the move i lost 2 led lights (temporary!) as they were put on the garden pile of "trash"along with timers, electrical wires and more stuff i totally needed lol!

All that was stressy and my girls were in the dark for 4 hours! All has settled now and it seems that one of the two grafts did not take. This was the graft in the woody structure. The graft in the green brench seems to have taken, tough i wont take the bag off till i am absolutely sure its growing!

pics are not taken yet but they will:cheer:

Hope you all get back in the flow as we might announce the first white willow with CBD grafts(or any cannabis graft for that matter). I have my fingers crossed and my hopes up:yahoo:

:popcorn:

:thumb:. Happy to hear your all moved over.

Thnx TB, i do have to mention there are several "extra walls" with boxes and stuff... i knew there was stuff collected over the years... but this was insane o_O Thankfully i have no deadline on when i "need" it to be unpacked. Connected the pc today, wardrobe was delivered today and tomorrow the curtains :cheer: Its convenient there is a laundry "room"without windows. that way i can keep the light from the Hu-mans :nerd-with-glasses:

Can't wait to see the graft, that will be a first I think!

Me neither! maybe there is one pic here soon:yahoo:

"the man who tought willows should be in the cannabis family to" :rofl:

Awesome news, and like you said DON’T take the bag off! Stay patient, man, you got this! Inspired by you I attempted some grafting myself and what I learned (for my strains) is it was ALL about the humidity.

Thnx for the reminder bud! i tend to get real impatient from time to time and these messages prevent me from beeing stupid:adore: Next round it should be sealed off more as this was a quick fix and a spontanious thing, as many of my creations hehe.

That humidity.... there is always one voice telling me that mold could be a real issue. What do you think about it?

It is a big honour to inspire you, it feels good!:surf:

Well idk, for flowering you do but this is basically cloning, so I look at it no different than the humidity requirements of a clone in RW with a dome. I don’t think you’re going to have to worry about mold during the initial period of getting a graft to take. I do however think some strains/ phenos are much harder to graft than others. I can graft my bulk successfully with minimal effort, the eagles still all fail because I can’t trap enough humidity around scions and branch im trying to graft to.

The higher the humidity the more airflow you need to keep bad things from happening. Kind of a double edged sword.

I absolutely get that, tough I mean the continu humidity in the graft bag.. :)

Well idk, for flowering you do but this is basically cloning, so I look at it no different than the humidity requirements of a clone in RW with a dome. I don’t think you’re going to have to worry about mold during the initial period of getting a graft to take. I do however think some strains/ phenos are much harder to graft than others. I can graft my bulk successfully with minimal effort, the eagles still all fail because I can’t trap enough humidity around scions and branch im trying to graft to.

Yeah I hear everyone about harder strains to graft. Personally I think I Will be more stubborn then any strain Hehehe

Lets hope I can show you a great graft later today!

Back
Top Bottom