NBB's Grow With Hans LED Panels - Trainwreck & AK47

Yay! Only today saw this reply and comletely read what You've wrote! :D

Nevermind- did buy 1 panel from Hans and everything seems fine on all modes. I'm using it in 2 light setup. First it was together with the LED I used previously, after another 33% failure did switch to 2x55 dulux L's tubes from Osram (I'm currently doing 2 plants- tubes for 1 plant, panel for second) and everything seems fine. Although in the long run I'm most likely moving away from LED's because they're too damn expensive and if something happens you're in deep shit, because you have no lights at all, as opposite with cfl's where you go to shop and replace needed component same day. I'm not using MH/HPS because of space / heat concerns + as doing scrog I can keep the distance to light source closer for plants to receive same amount of light as with MH/HPS. :)

About the scrog- I've built the net myself, see my completed journal. It's 30 min of work + going to diy store. Definately would recomend trying!

btw- I'm also doing airpots, but 15L and seems It was a bit overkill. :D I'm thinking either 10 or 6L next time! :) Pls, can You make picture of rootball when You'll be doing harvest? I'm interested how it looks in 3L pots.

And yes- keep us updated! :)

My picture-

2014-01-04_15_24_24.jpg

Kovacs, where u from Dude?

Did u read what I wrote about the LED panels?
Stay away from them. My plants refused to grow under them. They set me back quite a few weeks

I'll consider scrog, although I've never done it before and I don't have a net.

My biggest concern at the moment is watering. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and I need to build an automated irrigation system to water the plants while I'm away.

You start your harvest countdown from when you begin flushing. I read a study where cannabis plants were given a 24 hour period of darkness before harvesting versus cannabis plants that were not given a period of darkness before harvesting and the cannabinoids were tested and the results were nearly identical, the myth of giving cannabis plants a period of darkness before harvesting has been debunked.
You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

here is the jewelers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

Thanks for chipping in Kovacs and JCL.

I may not be able to wait the full two weeks from the flush and I'm concerned about the effect this will have on taste... although considering the "diet" the girls were on over my holiday they're probably chemical deficient if anything.

Do the brown pistils with small amber trichomes count towards the 5-30% amber target you describe JCL?

Kovacs, do the plants growing under cfl's appear any different?

Thanks for chipping in Kovacs and JCL.

Kovacs, do the plants growing under cfl's appear any different?

different from led's? Dunno yet, well see (have started a blog!) ! :)

I believe cfl's can be moved even closer than led's because leds definitely emit more heat than cfl's. Pluss imo you can achieve very even light distribution over whole growing area using cfl's (which is essential for scrog, imo).

Hey guys, tell me if you think I should just pull the plug on this bitch trainwreck.

There are no trichomes, only flowers with hairs that are starting to turn brown and badly drooping leaves.

I went into flower Nov 25th. almost 8 weeks ago.

Regardin the pots Kovacs, I'd say go w the 6l ones unless you're growing mammoths.

I went into flower Nov 25th. almost 8 weeks ago.

Regardin the pots Kovacs, I'd say go w the 6l ones unless you're growing mammoths.

My dream is to grow mega scrog from single plant + I've ordered 2 x 10L pots already! :) Plus, it's always possible to make airpots smaller by trimming the plastic! (e.g. 10L -> ~7L)

From my experience and what I've read 6 weeks flowering is minimum, 8 norm, but judging from your pictures I would say- feed only pure water and wait 1-2 more weeks.

Sorry everyone... I was busy shitting my pants after a minor hiccup.
I had the harvest approx. 2 weeks ago and it really stank up the apartment. So much so that the neighbors could smell it in the hallway and I think I heard them go "should we call the police?", so I fucking panicked. Chucked all my buds in a plastic bag and left the bag in the garage as I waited for the visit from the popo.
Fortunately they never came, but this scare scarred my buds aesthetically.

I manicured the buds a few days ago and I have something around 160g.
I kinda regret fim-ing and having the leds hang low cuz I had to "deal" with a lot of popcorn buds... trimming popcorn is a freggin nightmare.

pics below

Well, let me start off with: I'm not an experienced toker.

First time I smoked was 2 yrs ago in Amsterdam and I didn't really pay attention to what I was smoking.

My first home grown strain was Diesel Ryder and that was pretty nice.
Then I grew Master Kush. MK made me creative, put a big ass smile on my face every time and locked me in my couch... and I haven't even mentioned the munchies.
I was expecting the AK to make my mind race and make me even more creative, but it has not come through (yet) in this respect. I wanted something similar to the stuff I smoked in Amsterdam, where I closed my eyes and my mind created its own music video for the song I was listening to.
The AK high is a strong high, but I'm not getting the effects I was after.
My gf loves it though.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom