NBT: First Grow Bagseeds Outdoor

Just thought I'd pop in a quick sec to show what I ended up with to help light the girls. I had some plywood already painted white that I repurposed and have a couple others that need paint. The front boards are not attached so I have easy access.

PSX_20190828_203948.jpg

Eventually I will paint the others white and secure them better. The sides except one board are 4' tall.

Until next time. Happy growing

:popcorn:

I’m glad I found your journal!

I’ll tag along if you don’t mind..

And if you do, that’s just too damn bad :laugh:

Just playing around man! :thumb:
Welcome! The more the merrier lol. This is my first time around so learning lots. Any tips are appreciated haha

Hoping someone can help. I was able to find neem at a local store but he didn't seem to know much about it other than I needed to dilute it but was not even sure how much. It's a rather large bottle at 473ml and the contents seem solidified. Any ideas how to use this? Or did they order and sell me something useless?

All I really know about neem is that you have to keep it shook up while you are spraying,or it will separate from the water and just float on top.
I'm not sure what the dilution would be for pure neem oil-the stuff I used was already watered down.
I did find this ,from google-
"Mix 1 tsp of neem oil and 1/2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 quart of water, or 4 tsp of neem oil and 2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 gallon of water. Shake well. (Neem oil mixes easier with warm water.) Spray the diluted solution generously on all leaf surfaces. "

That sounds about right-the dish soap acts as a wetting agent so the droplets "stick" to the leaves,instead of beading up and rolling off.

All I really know about neem is that you have to keep it shook up while you are spraying,or it will separate from the water and just float on top.
I'm not sure what the dilution would be for pure neem oil-the stuff I used was already watered down.
I did find this ,from google-
"Mix 1 tsp of neem oil and 1/2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 quart of water, or 4 tsp of neem oil and 2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 gallon of water. Shake well. (Neem oil mixes easier with warm water.) Spray the diluted solution generously on all leaf surfaces. "

That sounds about right-the dish soap acts as a wetting agent so the droplets "stick" to the leaves,instead of beading up and rolling off.
Alright I'll try this. But I'm going to half the neem they say as I did some looking and found this on the manufacturer's website.

Neem is considered to be the "miracle herb" and has been used in the Ayurvedic tradition for 5,000 years. Neem BRAND Neem Oil provides in excess of 1500 ppm Azadirachtin, making this the highest potency neem oil you can find. The oil is cold pressed from the seeds of the neem tree. No solvents or chemicals are used during extraction. No Animal Ingredients. Cruelty Free. Solvent Free. Virgin Cold Pressed

Ingredients Azadirachta indica (neem) seed oil *certified organic*

Instructions: Suggested Use: A little goes a long way. Add a few drops to your favorite carrier oil, shampoo, or lotion. Apply as needed for skin or scalp. Pure neem seed oil has a strong scent. Oil may be solid, as is normal, due to high fatty acid content. Warm above 80

Description Body Care

So it seems the form I have isnt fully intended for this. But I could probably still make it work?

Yeah,it's the same stuff-I've heard it's the shit for getting rid of head lice.!
You've got the pure un-cut stuff,so you might want to start out weak,and up the neem if it's not doing what it should.

Yeah,it's the same stuff-I've heard it's the shit for getting rid of head lice.!
You've got the pure un-cut stuff,so you might want to start out weak,and up the neem if it's not doing what it should.
Sounds good. Thought it might be strong. Guess it was worth the $45 I paid for 16 fl oz. Last me a lifetime haha.

Quick question.. I was going to transplant my girls today as their pots are only 1.5 gal and feel they should have more room to expand as they flower. I have two bins of dirt they are going to go in. This is dirt reused from my box garden of peas and has been derooted and declumped before being stored outside in closed bins for a week. I open the lid today and find mold has already started growing. I know when cooking dirt this is natural but does this normally occur this quick? I just want to make sure the mold won't be harmful to the girls and is the good kind. Also, should I mix the dirt again before transplant?
PSX_20190831_103805.jpg

Hey everyone
Back with an update after working another ton of hours. Seems I've been a workaholic lately haha.

Since last update, lots of things have happened. Firstly, I transplanted the girls to much larger containers instead of smaller pots. They seemed to have a decent root base around the outer pot though the roots were not thick in size, there were plenty. I decided not to score them before putting in. After transplant, I waited 24 hours to water as the soil was still damp but not wet in the new container. Here's a picture of them in their new homes.
UK1 left, UK2 right
PSX_20190904_123120.jpg

They were sprayed with a very weak solution of neem, dish soap, and water before and after transplanting. The first time just after lights out the day before and second time 20 minutes before lights out after. They didn't seem to be phased by it and were very well drenched both times.

Environmental changes have been occurring during all this but gradually as a lot has been happening and I didn't want to further shock/stress the girls. So far, light has been adjusted to 4" closer at about 18" last measure. I've also reduced daylight hours by 2. The first time as 1 hour off end of day adjustment and second 1 hour off morning. I will ultimately end with an 8am-8pm schedule. The light was repositioned to a more centered position over the girls and reinforced on the ceiling as I didn't trust the hook in straight gypsum.
PSX_20190904_123040.jpg

The girls are still putting out white hairs and small leaf density seem to be increasing slowly. They've also gained a couple more inches; UK1@28" and UK2@26". Also each lost an inch during transplanting. During transplanting they were also trimmed slightly to allow more light to the center and bottom. I will trim them a bit more today or tomorrow as I didn't want to stress them too bad with all the changes occurring.

UK1 left, UK2 right
PSX_20190904_123102.jpg

UK1
PSX_20190904_123134.jpg

UK2
PSX_20190904_123152.jpg

Lastly, the clone has been back outside in the old sized pot for about a week now and has a clear plastic dome lid to protect from wind and elements in her fragile state. She got a bit of water just around the base of the plant a couple days after transplanting. Although the upper leaves are very droopy and a couple appear to be drying, the lower nodes that were trimmed are seeing slow growth so I'm hoping that a good sign since I dont have any safe way to check for root growth.
PSX_20190904_130341.jpg

That's all I've got for today. I'm hoping to make my next big update next Monday or Tuesday. Until then, happy growing!

P.s. Still on the hunt for the right nutes locally that won't cost my first born. And sorry for the lower quality pictures this round. Used my older android phone instead of my ipad pro to see if it would be any easier to edit pictures to correct size to post. Anyone use an ios device and have any tips to streamline getting pics to correct resolution?

Those girls are looking sweet,NBT !

I didn't trust the hook in straight gypsum.
Good thinking- having your light fall on the plants would definitely ruin your day!
(and theirs too...)

Those girls are looking sweet,NBT !

Good thinking- having your light fall on the plants would definitely ruin your day!
(and theirs too...)
Yes that would be terrible! I'd likely come home to some very crispy girls at best or a broken light or fire at worst. Neither sound enjoyable lol

Anyone use an ios device

I use an iPhone 8+ to post. I’m not sure what your talking about with the streamlining.

All I do is pick a picture and then it uploads for me. I don’t change the size or anything.

I also post the pictures on the sites gallery and post them with the camera icon in the text box.

Not sure how, but I hope this helps lol

Your plants are looking good! :woohoo:

I use an iPhone 8+ to post. I’m not sure what your talking about with the streamlining.

All I do is pick a picture and then it uploads for me. I don’t change the size or anything.

I also post the pictures on the sites gallery and post them with the camera icon in the text box.

Not sure how, but I hope this helps lol

Your plants are looking good! :woohoo:

It sort of helps haha. I read in the forum rules that all pics uploaded should be no bigger than 1280x1280 resolution so I've been taking the pics then edited each one to that size then try to figure out which ones were the edited ones when trying to upload. Didnt want to get in trouble for uploading the wrong size? I've been pro android for many years since file system is locked down and hated iTunes so honestly this is my first experience with ios since the 3GS so I'm not as knowledgable as I'd like to be (considering my tech background).

It sort of helps haha. I read in the forum rules that all pics uploaded should be no bigger than 1280x1280 resolution so I've been taking the pics then edited each one to that size then try to figure out which ones were the edited ones when trying to upload. Didnt want to get in trouble for uploading the wrong size? I've been pro android for many years since file system is locked down and hated iTunes so honestly this is my first experience with ios since the 3GS so I'm not as knowledgable as I'd like to be (considering my tech background).

To be honest NBT... I actually didn’t see that about the 1280 1280

My bad!

I’ve been posting from day one, by taking picture of said object with my iPhone. Then uploading/posting and or posting picture off the landscape image icon in the tool bar. Without resizing. Maybe it does it for me..? :hmmmm:

Idk, either way, it’s been extra easy for me.

On a different site I used to frequent at, it only aloud 5 pictures in every post and you had to edit every picture (tilt it a degree/ zoom in I.e.) or else it posted your picture sideways 90 degree. Was a pain in the ass, I tell you! :thumb:

I read in the forum rules that all pics uploaded should be no bigger than 1280x1280 resolution
I actually didn’t see that about the 1280 1280
I didn't see that either....I did some checking on some pics I uploaded,and it appears that the forum software automatically resizes them for you to 1280x900,at least that's how mine ended up-most of them started out at 1600x1200

Back
Top Bottom