NBT: First Grow Bagseeds Outdoor

E5C8AE3A-15DE-4A26-AA0E-83BCEA5672EC.jpeg

8CBCF52C-E296-4DF2-915E-39CC76478260.jpeg

54EF314B-8496-4935-A224-160AEDDC3B31.jpeg

41406D51-0B55-4C43-99C2-531B958E2494.jpeg

1547155B-7BE4-4F08-9574-8E37F7FB0988.jpeg

68D0A809-F95A-47E3-86A8-B4A4440CB754.png

Once you save and fill in the description and tag on all the photos

then you will click on this icon to find them.

C5F5C4A1-C327-40B9-98BF-E1C20FD6865B.jpeg

My apologies, I haven’t been online as much as I have been. Friday night I went out to my good friends birthday party, had a few too many brews... and I’ve been recovering from it since. Yesterday was a complete write off, and I was bed ridden (couch ridden). Today I’m still a lil iffy. Pretty weak still... no desire to eat anything, but I know that’s what I need... I’ve had nothing for an appetite yesterday and today.

I will get you some pictures on how to post pics right now. I will be back

Thanks man! Hope you're feeling better soon!

I hope that makes sense. I did it in a bit of a rush, with no real description for each photo. If you have any questions, ask away my friend!

Seems pretty explanatory. Think the pics will do me fine. I'll check it over and try to follow when I get home from work tonight. Also need to scoot over and check out your journal too. Have a great day BL!

Let me start this post off by saying ARGH *mumble mumble cuss mumble* I've been working on this post off and on all day (during any spare minute I had while at work). I'm home now and so I finally finish and go to post and site throws an error.. ok so.. page maybe timed out? So I refresh the page assuming the site has done its usual thing of auto saving a draft.. yep, it did.. one from way earlier before I finished the post. Not one from 2 minutes ago that maybe had half the last paragraph missing. But I digress..

So.. while commenting on BLS' new thread, it got me thinking about a new setup I'd like to make for a veg box. Ideally I'd like to do one with a 2"x2" wood frame similar to my greenhouse frame and panda film instead of clear plastic then get my friend who does electrical to help me wire some sockets inside. To give an idea of what I have in mind, here's my greenhouses I built this summer.

20190613_141821.jpg

This project comes from a need for a second space to veg some girls during the last couple weeks of the others in flower.. and it'll need to be light proof so I can keep it in the same room as the other's during flower. With a similar frame covered in panda film and a solid wood bottom, I should be able to light proof fairly easy. For the light sockets, I'll get some standard electrical sockets connected to a cord that can be plugged in the same as a lamp and support 2 or 3 bulbs across the width. Sockets will be mounted on a long, centered board with wire or string (TBD) suspension to freely raise and lower height.

For the bulbs, my wife ordered a direct from China special.. some "full spectrum LED bulbs" for under 10 for 2 or 3 (not sure how many she ordered now as it was a while ago). In usual fashion, it's been several weeks since the order. Might be lucky if it arrives by the end of December. But they always seem to arrive sooner or later. These bulbs are marked for the tomatoes we agreed to bring indoors to grow over the winter but if they work reasonably, I plan to order several more.

I have a friend who does electrical who could help me wire some sockets inside. I'd like to maybe mount them to a slat inside that can be raised and lowered as I'd like to build my box 3 to 4 feet tall.. the goal being to veg until ready to flip, then I'll move to flower tent (not really a tent, just the open room). And also be able to use the setup to start our batch of garden veggies early next year instead of buying from a nursery so adjustable height is a necessity.

If anyone has any pointers or any variables I should consider, feedback is appreciated!

P.s. sorry if the post is wordy now. I wrote a better version before getting home and lighting up haha. :ganjamon:

Thanks
NBT

Now about the girls!!

I was in eyeing them when I got home today through the loupe and I am not sure but would guess UK1 is either ready or really close. Opinions?

20191106_172913.jpg
20191106_172950.jpg
20191106_172953.jpg
20191106_173000.jpg

UK2 still has a ways to go. But here's some pics well.. because

20191106_173039.jpg
20191106_173046.jpg
20191106_173050.jpg
20191106_173059.jpg

Think UK1 is close?
NBT

Hey guys,

Sad news today lol.. looking the girls over again and UK1 has what looks like a few seeds starting. Really contemplating chopping her down today or tomorrow before she gets too seedy and I don't get to enjoy the smoke. I might not harvest the whole plant. Just the upper buds. The lower ones still have too many white hairs and not worth harvesting yet.

UK1
20191107_164552.jpg

20191107_164640.jpg

Also seeing a lot more color change even compared to yesterday.

20191107_163736.jpg

UK2 still seems her usual blotchy self..

20191107_163751.jpg

Think its a mix of nute burn and a couple too warm days.

Thoughts on a partial harvest of UK1?

NBT

Now for your question, on if she’s ready. No I don’t think she’s ready. But do you have a loupe at a higher magnified view? Then you would be able to actually see what’s going on there. It’s tricky to do, gotta be super steady lol

And make sure your looking at the calyxs. (Main cola’s)

54AF77AF-9D6C-40B2-AA11-E9C1C1AD283E.jpeg

You want to see up close! My picture isn’t even that great of a picture. The higher the magnification, the better! :thumb:

Thanks for the information! I always go by the main colas when looking. I do have another loupe but for the life of me cant find it. The one I'm using is missing a lens so isnt as magnified as much as it probably once was. My other one is brand new and I've looked for it 2 or 3 times and still no luck. Today is payday so I might have to go find something to use after work. Or look one last time tonight then get one tomorrow. Would be nice if I could find it as my other one is pretty much brand new in a protective case. Found it free when I was processing clothing and miscellaneous used goods for an old job and wasnt the type of thing they resell haha.

On the main colas, the trichomes on sugar leaves are almost all amber on the upper sections of the colas. That's why I figured it's either ready or close. I'll get a better look when I find another loupe later.

Thanks for all the info, and the kind words BLS!! I think they're sexy too! I can't stop staring at them sometimes. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I mean she loves to smoke too but this whole growing experience... she accused me of only caring about the girls and not the rest of our garden. But I exclaimed that no, I don't but they need closer care then the rest of the garden so I spend more time with them lol.. :rofl:

Wait until next grow when I become more OCD about the variables as I fine tune everything for optimal growth. She might try to admit me somewhere :rofl::yahoo:

Have a great day everyone!
BLS

My wife thinks I'm nuts
Lol its almost as if they think there is some sort of sexual connection between the plants and us! It’s our mistress!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Hahah just playing!

if you say that you can see a lot of ambers, then I would say your within days of harvest! :thumb::woohoo: Congrats man!

hope you had a good day bro!!

Lol its almost as if they think there is some sort of sexual connection between the plants and us! It’s our mistress!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Hahah just playing!

if you say that you can see a lot of ambers, then I would say your within days of harvest! :thumb::woohoo: Congrats man!

hope you had a good day bro!!

It wasnt a half bad day, thanks!

Maybe they do! Guess I'm a man whore with 3 girls on the go then :rofl:

Spent some time with the girls today; pics to follow. In the mean time I've been watching that nug dry. Its definitely coming along.

20191109_133552.jpg

:yahoo::slide:

Also, thanks for the kind words BLS!

P.s. did I catch a sneak peak this morning of an update for later when I was the first to watch the video you posted on YouTube? I headed over to your thread after watching and didn't see it linked

That nug looks great bro! Bet she’ll knock some socks off! (Which would be horrible right now! It’s freezing out!
260A17BB-1DA3-4467-8B92-BCF28AB4670B.jpeg

the view is from my garage just now. It’s not supposed to fully stop snowing till 3am tonight.

Haha that video you saw, might have been my update from my backlip is back journal.

now stay warm, you man whore! :laugh:

Hey everyone!

Spent some quality time with the girls today lol. It’s day 71 today since flip.

I trimmed a lot of the larger top leaves away as the bottoms of the plant are definitely not getting enough light. Something I should have done long ago really. Hopefully they aren’t phased as they have reacted in the past. Definitely see the buds a lot better now though UK1 could use some more trimming but got tired of bending over haha. I’ll either finish later or tomorrow. Here’s some pics of UK1 taken from my iPad this time.

Here are a few of UK2

UK2 after trim

UK1 left, UK2 right

I also decided to give UK1 a tiny bit of nutrients even though I’ve been with-holding to flush. Noob mistake thinking they’re closer than they were I guess but so close now, don’t want to mess with them too much either. Nutes were 1/3 strength. Just enough for a little final boost and maybe cope with the stress of getting a late trim. UK2 will receive the same when she’s ready for another drink.

The temps are holding at about 23 Celsius today and humidity around 47%.

As I was trimming today, it really opened a smelly can of worms. UK1 seems to have taken on a pleasant sweet smell. UK2 has a hint of sweet and maybe a hint of diesel smell. She was very strong smelling to the point I had to take a step back every couple minutes as the smell made me nauseous it was so strong. Never had that happen smelling or smoking in all my years. She’s turning out to be a very stinky girl!

That’s all I’ve got for today unless I end up trimming again. I’ll post more after pics when I do. Have a great day everyone!

NBT

Great update! :thumb:
your plants look beautiful!

Thanks for the kind word BLS! Heres hoping it really does knock some socks off. You can barely see the bud color in some areas the crystals are so thick. :slide:

Though I made a mistake and posted the same pics for UK2 as UK1. First time using the gallery (which your instruction was perfect BTW. Uploaded no problems!) so I fumbled a bit. Straightened out now.

Its definitely easier to batch upload but was equally slow as I had to manually tag and enter descriptions for each but oh well. Take it at face value haha!

That nug looks great bro! Bet she’ll knock some socks off! (Which would be horrible right now! It’s freezing out!
260A17BB-1DA3-4467-8B92-BCF28AB4670B.jpeg

the view is from my garage just now. It’s not supposed to fully stop snowing till 3am tonight.

Haha that video you saw, might have been my update from my backlip is back journal.

now stay warm, you man whore! :laugh:

Holy snow! We just finished our first blast of snow yesterday. Only 3" or so and its melted to about 1" on grass and pavement almost bare already as it was a bit warmer today. Likely be all gone by tomorrow as it warms some more. Had to turn ththe heat on it was so cold over the snow period.

I didnt look in your new thread for that video, could have been it! I watched it when I was notified but not sure how long between the notification and you uploading it was. Anyways, have a great day and enjoy your snow, if that's possible! haha

Hey everyone

So yesterday I tied off the 5 branches at the spots where I felt were ready for harvest based on pistol maturity and amber on the upper most sections. Alarm set for early this morning (ugh, it's not even a work day!!) At 645am I got up to cut the predetermined sections using a flashlight to quickly cut and tie up the branches. I tried to keep the night light exposure to a minimum and it took less than 3 minutes to complete. At this point its 20 minutes before lights on.

Oh, had to snap a couple pics though!

After lights on, I went back to fully assess the damage haha. Total weight wet, untrimmed, 75g. Could be out 1 to 2 grams due to strings not being removed for weigh in, only lightly held. They'll get a proper weigh when trimmed and dry.
In the mean time, they hang tied to the same rack I use to support the light and in the direct path of the dehumidifier exhaust fan which also blows on the girls the last few days as I attempted to dry them a bit more before harvest. The dehumidifier was also set to continuously run yesterday evening. Humidity this morning was 39% and 18c.

Lights on pic

I also smoked the drying bud a couple nights ago after having it dry a few days. It was still a bit damp as had to be light almost every toke but still burned. When it comes to a smoke report, I'm no weed connoisseur so not sure what to say other than it wasn't bad at all! It was surprisingly smooth for how little time it had and got a reasonable buzz off it. Nothing to knock your socks off unfortunately but about the same grade as I currently buy so no complaints for first time around!

That's all for today. Have a great day everyone!

:slide:super excited!!

I did a wet trim yesterday evening before bed. Trimmed 4.3g so that leaves exactly 71g so should be almost an ounce dry assuming it loses the typical 60-80% weight. No complaints knowing I only cut maybe 1/3 of the plant. I'll post pictures of the trimmed bud and drying process later.

Have a great day everyone!
NBT

Back
Top Bottom