Need advice & help

Hammerback0

Hello 420 community! First off, I’m fairly new to the forum, I’ve grown off and on outdoors for a few years. This year, I decided to try my hand at growing indoors. My budget is limited, so my lights are not optimal, when the funds become available, that will be the first thing I upgrade. So, let me tell you what I’m working with, and the questions I have. Soil, FFOF (recycled from summer outdoor grow) I know, not good, once again, budget. I have 7gal fabric pots, a 2’X4’X5 tent. My lights are one 1200W LED (full spectrum blurple, probably not even 200W at the wall) I also have a Ygrow brand 600W White LED (also listed as full spectrum actual draw 150W). My ladies are Bergman Gold Leafs from I❤️GM. Soil PH is 6.0, my nutrients are all from Advanced Nutrients PH perfect line (photo of nutes below). I germinated all four seeds on August 17th. Yes, they are that old, and all very small for their age. I have done LST on all plants since they were very young, in order to keep them short, to allow for the “stretch” during flower. I have not flipped lighting to flower yet. Is it my poor lighting that causes my plants to be so small? I water them when they feel a little light, I also use one of the cheap PH meter, that also gives you a reading of soil moisture down deep in the soil. I feed my nutes at half strength, every other watering. I only use the B52, Micro, Grow, and Bloom for now, I’ll use the Big Bud and Bud Candy during flower. I grow simply because I enjoy it, I take pain meds for an injury I sustained at work, and hope to one day switch over to cannabis for pain relief / PTSD. I apologize if I have left out necessary information for you assessment, I’ve never posted any pics of this attempt at growing because, to be honest, I’m ashamed at my attempt! Everyone else’s plants are huge compared to mine, the size of my plants, germinated on Aug 17 are the size of most people’s plants on here that are 2 weeks old lol. Thanks for any input, keep in mind I’m a noob, thank you all!
54D8757E-8608-48E6-AB2B-FA04C5960308.jpeg
1BB15E9D-8894-47E3-8DD5-E566824E187B.jpeg
5BB1AB37-8BAE-4088-AD4F-49D229F56C6A.jpeg
63D2DEBB-16F6-497B-A4BF-AEF0BC37BCF7.jpeg
D8C0DA86-FCB5-49A6-B0C7-EA1F1BE14118.jpeg
7DFE2C80-430E-43E9-94B2-63EE5315EF6E.jpeg

Learn the fundamentals and quality will follow. You should never feel ashamed over your plants. They look nice , btw.

I am a new grower. When I started my journal I decided that I was going to report the good and the bad. I wanted to go back and compare my grows. I am already doing that.

If you haven't started a journal, perhaps entertain the idea. They can be incredibly helpful.

What is your current lighting schedule? How far from the plants is the light?
My current lighting schedule is 18/6, the distance of the light from the top of plants is 13” from the top of the tallest plant, light distance to the top of the shortest plant is 16”.
As I mentioned in previous post, I’ve done LST on all the plants until two days ago. I may have made a mistake by removing all of my ties I was using to tie the limbs down, but I wanted some upward growth. Would any of you guys/ gals recommend any light defoliation? The shorter plants are so full of leaves, I fear the inner portion of the plants aren’t getting any light? Thanks to everyone’s input. It’s much appreciated!

My current lighting schedule is 18/6, the distance of the light from the top of plants is 13” from the top of the tallest plant, light distance to the top of the shortest plant is 16”.
As I mentioned in previous post, I’ve done LST on all the plants until two days ago. I may have made a mistake by removing all of my ties I was using to tie the limbs down, but I wanted some upward growth. Would any of you guys/ gals recommend any light defoliation? The shorter plants are so full of leaves, I fear the inner portion of the plants aren’t getting any light? Thanks to everyone’s input. It’s much appreciated!
You really don't need to defoliate as they look healthy...just before you flip to flower you could clean out some of the leaf coverage to get better light penetration. Maybe consider raising the light to give them some stretch?? Besides short and bushy they look happy...

Your plants look good, @Hammerback0
:goodjob:

I would trim off all the growth underneath, especially the little branches that don’t get light. In my area mold is hard to control so free air flow is important. If the light isn’t reaching a leaf it is a drag on the plant, and flowers under there won’t be worthwhile. It seems to me you are under feeding, half strength nutes pretty light. More nitrogen will speed up growth, even though the plants aren’t showing deficiency, you have a good set of nutrients it seems, with seaweed extracts and such. Looks like you could flip them to flower anytime, depending on the size you are looking for. You may end up pleasently surprised at how well your flowers develop. :p

Thank you for your input. I have all nutes at full strength now, just flipped into flower a few days ago, and already the ladies are stretching. I’ve added the Bud Candy, and will incorporate the Big Bud in week two. I think that’s right? If I recall correctly.

im sure many will say otherwise. but for big bud, i use only two half strength doses. one on the flip, and one after the flip. any more than that i find is overkill and counter productive to the few tests i have done.

just something to consider.

Back
Top Bottom