Need Advice Lighting - LED?

5cooby doo

Looking for lighting for my Small Veg. Closet. (approx dimensions; 2.5Ft. Width, 3Ft. height, 4Ft. Depth)
I was thinking either a LOW W MH (maybe 150w), OR T5H0 Fluorescent, OR LED?

I found this in a local ad online. The buyer said he received a lot of them from a supplier for work their did for them. This is all the information I have on the lights. They are asking $300 Per Light.

Is it worth it? Are these a good quality product?

Here are some pics of it from the ad. It is a little on the high side of my budget, so I really need to make sure it is a good product that will not go bad on my!

Thanks!

Specifications Below:

- Led lifespan 50,000hrs+ , no maintenance, simple plug & play grow light
- Easy to use and operate. Plugs directly into standard 120v outlet (will also run on 220/240v)
- Heavy duty, professional, Full Spectrum LED grow light designed to run 24/7
- Grow lights can be daisy chained together to save cabling
- Brass hanging hooks for growrooms for easy hanging
- Saves 70%+ on hydro while exceeding the PAR output of a standard 600-800watt HPS, no more wasted light just whats needed
- Perfect for 4-6+ plants depending on your garden plants size
- Custom high power LEDs, extra large heat-sink, air cooled and fan cooled
- Uses an electronic built-in switching mode with a 97% efficient power supply, does not require a ballast as required with MH, HPS and fluorescent (this is inefficient and will eventually burnout).
- The high power LEDs run super cool, efficient and produce little heat. 3 powerful quiet built-in cooling fans keep the grow light running cool, you don't need to buy additional expensive cooling systems.
- The LEDs full spectrum covers a 120degree wide light pattern giving your plants an even, powerful light source of whites, reds & blues they require during the vegetation and flowering stages, you don't need to buy additional bulky reflectors as required with other lights such as MH/HPS.
- The high power full spectrum LEDs concentrate on the exact light spectrums fully absorbed by all plants to promote higher yields in the plants, better growth & increased budding, flowering and fruiting.
- Ideal for all phases of plants growth, suitable for indoor hydroponic, plant-breeding houses, gardens, farms, greenhouses, horticultural parks etc, or anywhere where PAR light intensity is required for fast and speedy harvesting
- Tailored PAR spectrum to provide all plants with the required spectrum they thrive on to maximize photosynthesis and provide quicker vegetation / flowering with an increase in yields compared to standard MH and HPS or other standard led grow lights
- Either Full Spectrum Light can be upgraded to 20% more vegetation or 20% more flowering while still handling all stages of plants life
- Dimensions 16"Lx9"Wx3.5"D

Hi op,

I'm not a super experienced grower or anything but I recently did some research on led's as I was looking to add supplementrary lighting to my set up. Basically what I found is Light Emmiting Ceramics or LEC's are vastly superior to any other light on the market and a reasonable alternative to led's (as the heat output is very low for a hid light. Down side is they are EXPENSIVE ! But watt for watt the best value I believe.

I see they have a "Hotricultural" line. :laughtwo:

All the work to design a website, and no one who works on it or evaluates it or pays for it, can see typos when they read it. :straightface:

It makes a guy wonder what other bonehead mistakes they've made, y'know? I mean ... seriously ... a spell checker? ... Maybe it'd be a good idea to run one before you publish the page, huh?

:bravo:

Hey Scooby doo! I just went through this dilemma. It's a tough decision to make and it's probably one of the biggest mysteries that I ever had to worm my way through. By just looking at the replies that you have gotten it shows you that everyone has an opinion on it.
I actually got my best advice from one of the moderators on here. I had a little bigger budget...but that's no big deal. Let me tell you how I made my decision.

-First rule is everyone who markets any lighting source is going to try to get you to think that what they make is best. I narrowed my choice down on three parameters. First was actual wattage delivered vs. cost. So if a light produces 400 watts and costs 300 bucks then you are at a .75 / watt out of pocket cost. The second that I used was coverage at both veg and bloom stage. If it offers a 4x4 ft coverage during veg then it is probably around a 3x3 coverage as you drop down the height to increase intensity during flower development. Thirdly you need to look at the actual stats for PAR both with regard to canopy penetration and the wavelength of the spectrum. The wave length of the spectrum can get confusing especially with all of the bells and whistles with regard to adjustable color spectrums and bloom and veg switches.

Now having considered all of that I switched gears to the reputation of the company who manufactures it and it's components. How well do they stand behind their products. Most companies who are decent offer a 3 to 5 year warranty now. Also I considered how easy it is to replace components. Can I just replace individual leds or at least modules or am I down for a while waiting for parts. This also made me decide to go with an American made product.

The bottom line is providing enough light for you to successfully grow a quality crop at a price that you can afford to both purchase AND operate. I know it's a lot to digest. I grew my first indoor weed in 1976 using MH lighting. It was easy then you had that and shop lights to choose from! By the way if you are interested I decided on a Truth M16 LED. I am going to put it on a light rail to increase coverage and see how it goes. If it doesn't perform I have my old first team squad of MH/HPS 1000 watt lights in the wing waiting to trudge on out. I have a big space so I will still be using these as well so that I can compare costs and results. I hope that I have helped and not just added to the confusion. Best of luck in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom