NEED ADVICE : New to this

XxUpInSmokExX

Im not too sure about what kind of light a plant needs during a certain growth period. What kind of light to use during the veg. and which one to use for the flowering. Can someone help me? All help is greatly appreciated

You can use cool white fluoros for the veg stage or a metal halide (MH).

A high pressure sodium system (HPS) is prefered for flowering b/c of the red spectrum. You can flower with a metal halide as well.

As always the more light the better and the basic principle is: H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) is the way to go.

H.I.D. = HPS lamps & MH lamps

Have I helped you in any way?

Thank you once again beensmokin on All the advice you provided me with, again I am very thankful.

Another question for you, for my first grow i was going to use the fox farms 3 pt nute with their organic soil, Is this a good selection of nutes for a beginner???

Oh yes, it is what I chose as a beginner! It is very simple and the feeding chart they send you with the nutes works perfect with cannabis. I use fox farm ocean forest soil as well, have had great results with both together. You are on the right track. Great nutes and AWESOME soil, IMO.

Are you saying mix the soils together

Thats what I thought you ment, but i wasnt sure.

When using FF nutes always remember to:

1. Water the soil before applying your nutrients, this will prevent root burn.

2. Some plants will need more nutes than others so it is important to start your nutrient mix @ half strength or even 1/4 strength to be safe. This will help you determine whether or not the plant can handle alot or a little bit of nutes.

Good luck! :peace:

Thanks again beensmokin i cant begin to thank you for all your help.:smokin:

Another question. Are the pH levels a serious matter??

Um honestly..... I dont check my PH but that doesnt mean you shouldnt. I guess my state's water is good enough. I use water from my fridge door, its filtered but not distilled. I have had no PH problems yet, that I know of, using water straight from MY sink. ALL WATER IS DIFFERENT IN EACH STATE, IMO. It is always recomended to check your PH if you can but its not nescessary in most small personal grows.

honestly, the reason i havent walked into the book store and got a book is because an you picture this tall blonde young woman walking up the counter with a " how to guide" or mary J? im just a little publicly discrete..thats why theses threds help me so much.

Thank you smokin moose. the thread was getting a little off topic.

thanks mack daddy. I havent even thought of buying online but the only place that i know that sells lights are like a hardware store,,walmart,etc and the terms used on the different lights can be alot to take it. Beleive me, i have spent HOURS reading on this site, even feel asleep with my laptop in my bed once. lol

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom