Need advice on current light situation.

JoeyLuciano

I am currently vegging four plants in a RDWC system. At the moment i have 180 watts of fluorescent light on top of them. Not a direct 180 because i have two 90 watt t8 fixtures and each one is placed over 2 of the 4 plants i have although it is all in one grow tent. The plants seem to be doing fine besides the fact that they are growing a little slower then they should I assume the problem is from the lack of light. I also have a 600 watt hps hanging above them turned off. My question is should i turn it on and burn the extra electricity to boost the speed of growth in my plants or would it be more efficient to stick with the 180 watts i currently have. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

It depends. If you want to continue slow top growth with low canopy penetration then stay with what your using.

If you want fast bushy growth and big robust plants then switch to the h.i.d

In the end I would use the 600 watt light. Only use it if you have adequate ventilation.

Pictures are always extremely helpful as this can give a better explanation for what is needed.

Depends on how close your T8's are along with cfl's to the plants ?

As these suffer greatly with the inverse square law of light effect aka diminishing returns over distance... (light energy)

If they are greater than 15cm or 6 inches from plant top i would hang them closer & could be hanged as close as few inches !

Back
Top Bottom