Need advice on oil dosage for my cancer please

comoxguy

Hi everybody. I know there is a lot of info written on marijuana oil but I can't seem to find an answer to my specific question.
I am diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma cancer and have been taking my own oil for a month now. I made it myself from a very good strain and it proved to be very strong. I have increased my dosage but I've only ingested about three grams in the last month. I have been trying to up my dosage but I am just left feeling really high through the day. I don't mind feeling a bit high but this seems a bit over the top for me to take a whole gram a day as suggested.
I guess my big question is, am able to take smaller amounts over a longer period of time and still expect to get the same results from the oil? My cancer is treatable but also uncureable and as of right now I am realistically looking at another 10 years if I am lucky so this oil is very serious to me. I have smoked for 2/3 of my life so it isn't new to me.
I would really appreciate some advice on this. Thanks for reading!

I might be able to point you in the right direction. I have been reading through this thread so I'll pass it along. The tacking information is what you will be looking for. It claims if followed properly there is no high if not so desired. Best of luck to you on your journey... :Namaste:

This dosing tutorial will help.

You're reducing the effectiveness of the oil when ingesting it. When properly applied to the gums (tacking) as Smokes has said, it should not give you any high effects at all.

Hi comoxguy,

Digesting is not productive in healing cancer. SmokesDaKush and Antics gave you the correct links. Why is your cancer treatable but not curable? Read the dosing tutorial several times. When your ready to try it take your time. Tacking small amounts is the key to the kingdom. When you are ready, let me know I will help you through the process. A strict regimen of dosing is a must and learning the correct way for the heal is the most important. One week of doing it correctly and your off to the races. Do you work? Man made meds?
If you simply digest the oil even in small amounts you get high. Only one way to take it correctly. Check it out.
Welcome to 420 Magazine.

Motoco

Hi everybody. I know there is a lot of info written on marijuana oil but I can't seem to find an answer to my specific question.
I am diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma cancer and have been taking my own oil for a month now. I made it myself from a very good strain and it proved to be very strong. I have increased my dosage but I've only ingested about three grams in the last month. I have been trying to up my dosage but I am just left feeling really high through the day. I don't mind feeling a bit high but this seems a bit over the top for me to take a whole gram a day as suggested.
I guess my big question is, am able to take smaller amounts over a longer period of time and still expect to get the same results from the oil? My cancer is treatable but also uncureable and as of right now I am realistically looking at another 10 years if I am lucky so this oil is very serious to me. I have smoked for 2/3 of my life so it isn't new to me.
I would really appreciate some advice on this. Thanks for reading!

Thanks very much for the feedback and information everybody, it is very appreciated.
Motoco, thanks very much and I appreciate the help to get this right. The cancer I have (multiple myeloma) does not have a cure but there is many options and recently new drugs that work very well to put the cancer into remission for much longer periods of time. I was ingesting my oil for approx. 1.5 months before I went into the hospital for a month (at which time I stopped) and have now currently been on it for about 5 weeks now. I am really hoping by ingesting it I wasn't totally wasting my time. I am self employed and have my employees running my business while I am not able. I am just getting off all my meds which is just hydromorphone extended release right now but I have to start a low dose chemo regimen for 3-4 months before I do a stem cell transplant so I will be on new meds soon. I really struggled to do the chemo but it is proven to be very effective at putting my MM into remission so I have decided not to buck the system and go with what has the best results for making my life last as long as I possibly can. Having said that I have a lot of faith in my own treatment with the oil and am looking forward to applying it properly now.

First, let's stop saying it's incurable. That's what modern medicine has to say about it. You're in the real world now brother.

I have literally seen folks come here with Stage4 cancer, as the doctors said there was nothing else they could do. Their cancer is now gone, and they're enjoying their lives while their doctors are scratching their heads puzzled.

When Cannabis oil is used correctly, you stand a better chance at looking at the rest of your life, not "10 years if I am lucky".
You didn't totally waste your time by eating the oil, but the effectiveness was reduced. It has to be taken correctly to be effective.

For cancers, I believe Motoco (who is one of the most experienced caregivers I know on here who uses the oil for treatment) would suggest a high THC strain, as high as you can get. 20% 30% you'll want potency to kick this cancers ass. If you have any pain, a high CBD strain will work great for that, and you can find strains with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio as well.

You're in remission now which is great news! I think the Cannabis oil has a strong chance at finishing off what the chemo started.
I'm sure Motoco will chime in with more information, as I'm still learning a lot from him. But seriously, don't sound so negative! Be optimistic about your treatment, and never, ever give up!

Hi comoxguy,

I just read up on multiple myeloma, first time for me as the list of cancers keep getting higher and higher. Scientist, Dr.s don't even know what exactly causes this cancer. To date, the only cancer I know of that isn't curable is 'bone marrow cancer' and that is debatable with the help of Dr.s finding a way to apply the concentrate in the bone marrow. So I concur with Antics, One thing for sure comoxguy a positive attitude goes a long way as the mind is a powerful tool. I'm curious after reading about multiple myeloma are you white or black as they state, mostly develops in black people? Ten years to show symptoms is twice as long as most cancers show detection within five years.

Unfortunately digesting the oil only is not productive. Have you learned to 'tack' correctly with no euphoria? What strain/strains are you using for your oil? This also makes a difference especially during daytime activities. Your correct, you need to get this right and on the right track. I know you struggled with chemo, I've witnessed a lot of chemo/late stage radiation and quite simply I'm not a fan. Good news its in remission. When do your low doses start again? I hope you have a window where you can just use the concentrate (taken correctly). Make sure you learn to take the concentrate correctly as stated. You will know because there is no euphoria, and depending on what strain of oil you have you should be feeling alert and have a wellness feeling in about a week (varies on how strong your immune system is). Just keep dosing correctly and you will start feeling better and better. This is how you can feel healing on the concentrate just as an FYI. Also please note that the concentrate can take twice as long as it heals the damage done by chemo/radiation.
Please make sure you learn to take the oil correctly. This will be your game changer and once you learn the right way your on your way. Even if you had to take a grain of rice a day for life, it will heal many more things also. My bet is with the oil curing your cancer.
I have some important errands today and will be back latter if you have more questions.

Best regards,

Thanks very much for the feedback and information everybody, it is very appreciated.
Motoco, thanks very much and I appreciate the help to get this right. The cancer I have (multiple myeloma) does not have a cure but there is many options and recently new drugs that work very well to put the cancer into remission for much longer periods of time. I was ingesting my oil for approx. 1.5 months before I went into the hospital for a month (at which time I stopped) and have now currently been on it for about 5 weeks now. I am really hoping by ingesting it I wasn't totally wasting my time. I am self employed and have my employees running my business while I am not able. I am just getting off all my meds which is just hydromorphone extended release right now but I have to start a low dose chemo regimen for 3-4 months before I do a stem cell transplant so I will be on new meds soon. I really struggled to do the chemo but it is proven to be very effective at putting my MM into remission so I have decided not to buck the system and go with what has the best results for making my life last as long as I possibly can. Having said that I have a lot of faith in my own treatment with the oil and am looking forward to applying it properly now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply back guys. Sorry, if I come off as negative, certainly don't want to be that guy but I also don't want to bury my head in the sand. Having said that I do feel very hopeful that the oil is going to give me the response that I want.
As far as "cureable" I haven't seen anywhere where they say what I have is cureable and my doctor, support groups and everything I have researched have all said the same thing.. This disease is a blood disease but I believe occurs in the bones and is in the same family as leukemia so it is one of the uncureable cancers so far but I haven't been able to find anybody that has used the oil so I hope to be the first.
Also, Motoco I am a Caucasian guy. Everybody I have met so far with the disease is also the same. (about 20 people so far) Sorry, I guess it was misleading in my post but I am just starting my low dose chemo on Monday and am counting on a remission after I receive my auto stem cell transplant in 3 to 4 months and then get rid of it altogether with the oil in the distant future.
So...... I tried tacking yesterday. I took about half of what I would ingest in the morning and was quite high all day long. I tried the tacking with not a lot of luck and just basically wiped it on and it seemed to stay. If some people report they get no effects from this I wonder what I am doing wrong. I was also surprised to see it all over my gums and teeth a few hours later when I checked. Even if I it didn't get high off that amount and kept taking it every few hours wouldn't I end up with a mouth of oil all the time and all over my teeth which doesn't seem right. Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Hi comoxguy,

Thanks for the update. One thing you have to understand, the medical system in place no nothing about the cannabis concentrated oil. They been working for years to show negative results on MMJ and only have came up with 'short term' memory lose and no scientific evidence. The secret to dosing is SMALL amounts. Try a 1/8th grain of rice, flatten it with a cuticle pusher/butter knife. You simply tried to take to much (even half of what you normally digest). Its not 'sticking' to your gums, you want to use pressure rubbing it into your gums. Yes you got some to stick, but, you had some drain down to your belly before it absorbed into your gums. Take your time, small amounts (very easy to add more in small amounts). Dry your bottom gum off with a wash cloth right before you take it. Leave your finger pressed on your gum until when you slowly move your finger around it feels sticky (use some pressure). When it sticks remove your finger, see where the oil has moved, pick a spot right next to the one you just did and repeat until its all gone. The film that is left can be warmed up with a hair dryer, put on a scar, boo boo, etc., or just scrape on the back of your teeth after 10 minutes or so.

Did you drink warm coffee/tea after you applied it? Ate something? Always eat before taking the concentrate and if you have to drink something cold water (stops the oil in its track). Try these SMALL amounts and see the difference. Once you learn it becomes very easy. Keep the oil off your teeth (people get frustrated and start putting it on their teeth). No rush, take your time and just do a couple of tiny doses until it comes together. When you start feeling alert at the start, your home free (unless its a couch lock indica). What is the strain your using? Tell me what you can about the concentrated oil your using now please. Any labels, you make it, give me details.

Thanks for taking the time to reply back guys. Sorry, if I come off as negative, certainly don't want to be that guy but I also don't want to bury my head in the sand. Having said that I do feel very hopeful that the oil is going to give me the response that I want.
As far as "cureable" I haven't seen anywhere where they say what I have is cureable and my doctor, support groups and everything I have researched have all said the same thing.. This disease is a blood disease but I believe occurs in the bones and is in the same family as leukemia so it is one of the uncureable cancers so far but I haven't been able to find anybody that has used the oil so I hope to be the first.
Also, Motoco I am a Caucasian guy. Everybody I have met so far with the disease is also the same. (about 20 people so far) Sorry, I guess it was misleading in my post but I am just starting my low dose chemo on Monday and am counting on a remission after I receive my auto stem cell transplant in 3 to 4 months and then get rid of it altogether with the oil in the distant future.
So...... I tried tacking yesterday. I took about half of what I would ingest in the morning and was quite high all day long. I tried the tacking with not a lot of luck and just basically wiped it on and it seemed to stay. If some people report they get no effects from this I wonder what I am doing wrong. I was also surprised to see it all over my gums and teeth a few hours later when I checked. Even if I it didn't get high off that amount and kept taking it every few hours wouldn't I end up with a mouth of oil all the time and all over my teeth which doesn't seem right. Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for getting back to me Motoco. I will slow down and try it again. I think drying my gums off might help and I think drinking some warm fluids will too. I am still having a hard time with the idea of taking almost a gram a day but I will just take it a day at a time and I'm sure it will be all good.
I am using an Indica strain. I used premium buds and made it myself with isopropyl alcohol.It is very potent when I smoke it. I saw a video of Rick Simpson the other day condemning any oil that was not honey coloured but I have read that green is just fine. Do you think it matters if it is green and created properly? Thanks again!

Steve

Hi comoxguy,

Thank you for answering my questions. Now I understand why your having issues. First off, unless I made a typo I never recommend drinking hot beverages when dosing oil, it will carry it down to the belly faster before it can adsorb on the gums. Now to the other issue, its your Indica strain. I know, its what you have read. I only use Indica for nighttime sleep. Why? You cannot function during the day. It puts you on couch lock, is a total depression enhancer. You could be tacking properly and wouldn't know it. There is a fine line between euphoria and being totally relaxed from the indica strain. Many people think they are stoned but the experienced on the oil know they are just super relaxed which by the way is what the purpose is for, sleep.

Here is the deal comoxguy, the web is full of peeps opinions and there are many. Finding what is true and what is false is like winning the lotto. I know you used Iso to make your concentrate but don't know what method you used. I've seen oil that was so green it looked like it had florescent glows in it. The oil I seen was called green dragon. It gets that green because of the method its made, soaking bud in alcohol or other carries from anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks. It draws everything from the MJ, chlorophyll, plant waxes, sugars, etc. So it is less potent because of the other fillers in it. Treating cancer you want the most potent oil you can make. I've raised my standard from 20% to 25% minimum THC. I do this to make sure it is not right around 20%. Bottom line, you want the most potent concentrate you can make. Here is a simple test to do. Take a small amount of your oil and apply it to a rolling paper. Flatten out the oil with a toothpick or something, spreading it thinner and thinner on the paper. What color is it now? When the oil is made and syringed it looks black/brown because it is not translucent. A thin line shows its true colors. Also different strains make darker oil.

You have your oil made now so lets use it. What you need to do is find as high as a pure sativa as you can get (as high in THC as well). Then you can blend some of your Indica with the sativa so you can use up your Indica.

Also there is a build up period to take a gram a day. You need to start over, forget what you have learned and start correctly. If you follow the dosing tutorial and the oil tutorial, read the post you will learn a boat load of what to do and what not to do. This would be my recommendation to get you started the correct way. When first starting the concentrate is the most important learning time, to do it correctly. If you had sativa daytime oil you would feel energetic, alert with a great attitude and absolutely no euphoria. How you started is you are getting ripped. Now if you take your daytime oil correctly you will not think its working because you don't feel much of anything. Keep doing the correct way and soon you will feel the magic happen.

Pay attention to these threads and your learning will accelerate, soon you will be feeling much much better while healing. Look for these strains; a high cbd strain, a sativa strain with high THC and you already have the Indica. 4-5 grams of Indica will last you all the way through the heal for nighttime sleep. Hopes this helps buddy.

Thanks for getting back to me Motoco. I will slow down and try it again. I think drying my gums off might help and I think drinking some warm fluids will too. I am still having a hard time with the idea of taking almost a gram a day but I will just take it a day at a time and I'm sure it will be all good.
I am using an Indica strain. I used premium buds and made it myself with isopropyl alcohol.It is very potent when I smoke it. I saw a video of Rick Simpson the other day condemning any oil that was not honey coloured but I have read that green is just fine. Do you think it matters if it is green and created properly? Thanks again!

Steve

Read with interest all these posts. I have a question. Can you overcook Cannabis Oil and if so what are the down effects? Is it no longer useful, I read somewhere if over cooked it becomes CBN....what does that mean? Does it still work in the treatment of Cancer? Tks for your help.

Hi JM1617,

Yes you can overcook cannabis oil. The down effects are you loose your cannabinoids. When THC degrades CBD forms but all the cannabinoids can burn off. That being said its hard to do especially with food grade alcohol because you can leave some in while cooking down the oil as that will burn off during the decarboxylation process. This link can be resourceful;

When treating cancer with cannabis oil you need a high THC strain to kill cancer as well as CBD to shrink tumors and remove inflammation and pain. Here is another useful link on how to use the oil properly and what strains you can look for.

With all this intel it should be smooth sailing. Hope this helps and points you in the right direction.

Best regards and welcome to 420 Magazine

420 Motoco

Read with interest all these posts. I have a question. Can you overcook Cannabis Oil and if so what are the down effects? Is it no longer useful, I read somewhere if over cooked it becomes CBN....what does that mean? Does it still work in the treatment of Cancer? Tks for your help.

Hi Motoco, Thank you very much for your reply, I am new here, actually new to the whole Cancer World, not somewhere I would have chosen to be, but now I am here I am doing as much research as I can. It has only been two months since my 25yr son was diagnoised with Anaplastic Astrocytoma. They say it is inoperable and incurable brain tumor grade 3/4 he has less than six months to live and the 'best' treatment is six weeks of combined Radio and Chemo therapy, five day radiation and seven days chemo for six weeks...they nearly had me convinced..til I sat down and started to look outside of the box, their 'treatmemt' just didn't feel right to me..filling my son with chemicals and radiation!!!..so I found Rick Simpsons wonderful answer to Cancer. I am now full of questions though and hope you don't mine my asking more..if you were to make the best oil which plants would you use? A combination of the two or one specific one? Also what does a gram of oil look like? I know it is similar to a ml but that is hard to see in a syringe...would it be the size of the cuticle pad part or is there any other way to visually see a gram of oil. I have read all your other posts with interest, thank you so much you are very informative and clearly written. Much appreciated. JM.

Your welcome. I understand your position completely. The Cancer world isn't a place I ever thought I would be either. Here we are so lets get you the information you need to get started. The decision you made in my opinion is not only correct but humane. Nothing more needs to be said, but, your common sense prevailed.

Your first question in your Son's case is the most important; A high CBD strain such as Harlequin, Cannatonic, AC/DC, Harley-Tsu (more and more are coming out so google). The purpose of the high CBD strain is to shrink tumors by removing inflammation and also one of the best pain meds bar none. This will be a stand alone strain especially for brain cancer. Next is a high THC strain. This will be the cancer killing agent. You want to find a 50/50 hybrid or a hybrid that is sativa dominant (Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, Electric Lemonade, etc.) with one purpose, as high as THC you can find. You want a sativa dominant so your Son doesn't dwell on cancer, be on couch-lock in a bad frame of mind. Sativa gives a positive attitude and doesn't let you dwell on things like an Indica dominant strain does. Lastly; an Indica strain close to pure Indica you can get (landrace strain). Afgan Kush, Master Kush, Hindu Kush, etc. The Indica strain will be used for sleep, increase appetite. Here is how these strains are grown; High CBD strain is full term (12 week flower). High THC strain is harvested at peak THC (normally an 8 week flower). Indica is grown full term also (average 7-8 weeks).

The only way I can judge what a gram of oil looks like is in an clearly marked oral syringe. Otherwise for me their is no other way to judge the size. If I took a gram of oil from an oral syringe and put it on a flat surface it will change it shape. So if I said it would look like the size of a quarter an hour later it might look like the size of a half dollar unless it was cold and remained the size of a quarter.

A worthy mention; 'Tacking' with a strict dosing regimen is extremely effective and done properly insures no euphoric (in your Son's case can be very counter productive). Also 'tacking' will insure getting as much of the cannabinoids up to the CB1 receptors in the brain and that is exactly what is needed. Also for your peace of mind your Son's cancer is curable but needs to get going asap.

It is imperative to start 'tacking' correctly, so if you need vid instruction 'skype' can be used. Let me know. Hope this helps. Also as a heads up if you see me on and waiting for a reply please use 'f5' to refresh your page to see new post.

420 Motoco

Hi Motoco, Thank you very much for your reply, I am new here, actually new to the whole Cancer World, not somewhere I would have chosen to be, but now I am here I am doing as much research as I can. It has only been two months since my 25yr son was diagnoised with Anaplastic Astrocytoma. They say it is inoperable and incurable brain tumor grade 3/4 he has less than six months to live and the 'best' treatment is six weeks of combined Radio and Chemo therapy, five day radiation and seven days chemo for six weeks...they nearly had me convinced..til I sat down and started to look outside of the box, their 'treatmemt' just didn't feel right to me..filling my son with chemicals and radiation!!!..so I found Rick Simpsons wonderful answer to Cancer. I am now full of questions though and hope you don't mine my asking more..if you were to make the best oil which plants would you use? A combination of the two or one specific one? Also what does a gram of oil look like? I know it is similar to a ml but that is hard to see in a syringe...would it be the size of the cuticle pad part or is there any other way to visually see a gram of oil. I have read all your other posts with interest, thank you so much you are very informative and clearly written. Much appreciated. JM.

Back
Top Bottom