Need advice on ventilation for a 2' x 2' x 4' tall tent

I have a 2x2x4' tall grow tent. In the past it has always been used as a veg tent. I am wanting to try using it to run a SOG so I need to add some ventilation to keep the air circulating. I am looking at a pair of 4" inline duct fans that run at 90CFM priced at $34.00 delivered. Is this a sufficient amount of CFMs to adequately move the air in the tent? Are 6" fans louder then 4" fans of the same CFMs?

Thanks for your help and taking the time to share your knowledge.

I have a 2x2x4' tall grow tent. In the past it has always been used as a veg tent. I am wanting to try using it to run a SOG so I need to add some ventilation to keep the air circulating. I am looking at a pair of 4" inline duct fans that run at 90CFM priced at $34.00 delivered. Is this a sufficient amount of CFMs to adequately move the air in the tent? Are 6" fans louder then 4" fans of the same CFMs?

Thanks for your help and taking the time to share your knowledge.

If you do not need any filter, those would be fine. I would worry about the filter cutting their effectiveness.

One to suck it in at the bottom, and one to blow it out at the top. This isn't correct?
Most people only use one to blow out, and let the vacuum pull new air in.

So won't my tent get unwanted light inside at night with a vent opened to allow in the fresh air?

If you want a light proof tent totally, just put a dryer hose in another cinch port, and snake it around where light can bounce through it. No need for a second fan.

I ordered a 6" inline duct fan blowing at 240CFM which I will put in the 6" hole at the top (the roof) of the tent. I bought a 6" dryer hose to go in the bottom hole which I will run down and under the tent and put a piece of black pantyhose over the end to keep out light, bugs, and dust. Then if I decide to add a filter the 240cfm fan should be strong enough.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I ordered a 6" inline duct fan blowing at 240CFM which I will put in the 6" hole at the top (the roof) of the tent. I bought a 6" dryer hose to go in the bottom hole which I will run down and under the tent and put a piece of black pantyhose over the end to keep out light, bugs, and dust. Then if I decide to add a filter the 240cfm fan should be strong enough.

Thanks for the suggestions.
and you can always get a speedcontroler/triac dimmer or thermostat for it to get even beter control. I've seen speedcontroler thermostats for as lil as 35 bucks. And if your good at diy you can build a nice controller with some ebay parts recently build a temp controller for a friend for under 10 bucks :eek: with digital screen.
STC-1000 Digital 110-220V/AC Temperature Controller Thermostat Aquarium Sensor | eBay

Back
Top Bottom