Need Advice - Plant Won't Start Flowering

Torst

Hi,

I have a few different strains in my tent that I switched 12/12 on May 13. Every plant in there is doing great except this one that just will not flower. It is a CKS Fem SSH plant. Her sister is flowering absolutely perfect right beside. I can't see any light leaks (would have had other issues with the other 5 plants, I would think)

This plant is very odd and at every node has double branches coming out on every single node and new growth. I just watered and fed them all and this planet is insanely sticky on the main stem. I had to use nail polish remover to get it off my fingers.

I have no clue what is going on. It isn't a herm/male is it?

These plants ALL did have a rough start under CFL's...

Setup:

3x3 x 7ft tent
600w HPS w/ Cool Tube
6" exhaust system
Temps and humidity seem good
Fox Farms nutes every other feeding at full strength

2016-05-26_22_38_19.jpg

Hey Torst. As far as the views and no replies.....all I can say is what most are probably thinking......WTF! That is very odd. I've never seen that mutation? Deformity? Very interesting. All I can say is it doesn't look male or hermie to me. I'd like to see a more overall view though as that is very odd. I hope you keep 'It' going though. :thedoubletake:

Most views are non members, and possibly data collecting bots and such, none of which reply to posts. So don't let that phase you.
It'll flower. Is it the only one of that strain? How old?

I'll get a better overall tomorrow after work.

This plant is literally stickier than glue but no flowers. Almost ready to kill it to make room for other flowering plants :|

This plant was germinated in mid/late Feb 2016. Due to someone (sister in law) not moving out on time all my plants struggled under shitty CFL's until I had room for my real equipment, April 29/30.

I have 2 CKS SSH and this is one of them. The other right beside her is doing amazing as are my other plants with the same CFL issues.

I know it is a female :p

Her sister (from same seed pack) is exploding with buds right beside her.

I can either just let her do her thing until the other plants are done or chop her and give the other a little more room!

Yeah it comes down to your choice. There's a 'what if' factor - it might be something special. But on the other hand, most plants in my garden that think they're 'something special' and don't want to get with the program and follow the supreme commander's orders (that'd be me) are taken out for a little walk behind the garden fence, over by the compost pile, never to return. Most but not all.
Another possibility, depending on your growing situation, is to clone it, thereby shrinking it down and buying you lots of time while you work on other things. I often do that when my veg room is too full.
You can also just chop it down a bunch. Keep it small but alive and have it ready to go for the start of the next flowering round. There are lots of ways to delay a plant

Yeah, at this point I have many good plants..... She will stay for now. Obviously healthy and appears to be "more sativa" than her sister if that makes sense.

On closer inspection of ALL nodes one branch comes out as a single fan leaf and the other as a full blown branch with new growth. Twice per node, so odd, so sticky and no flowers!!

I actually posted a bunch of blather here a couple days ago- tried to I mean, but it got wiped somehow and I was too busy to rewrite it. Some sativas won't flower easily under 12/12. I mean, they will eventually but they don't automatically go into flowering on that schedule like indicas do. They may take their sweet time and flower when they're three months old, or whatever. This is my understanding of how a lot of sativas operate in equatorial zones where it's a constant 12/12 cycle. I grow a couple pure sativa strains and flower on a 11/13 cycle.
In my lost post I was musing about whether different phenos could have different light cycle needs. I mean, it's common to have sativa phenos and indica phenos of the same plant. But is it possible that the sativa pheno could have trouble flowering under 12/12 whereas the indica pheno doesn't? Makes sense to me but I haven't had to deal with that issue myself.
Anyway- guaranteed it will flower someday :)

Wednesday night I cut her top off and bent her over a little.

Today obvious and quick signs of buds!! Just needed to be threatened! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom