Need advice to save plant!

Oriorio

420 Member
Hey all. Just joined and was hoping I could get some advice. Started plant (an autoflower) in horrible soil that is so compacted. It has just gone into first week of flowering and is becoming deficient. Can I transplant into promix this far along? Or should I feed stake it and feed it lower? Or maybe a good long flush? I've since switched to hp promix for my young plants and they're doing great. Won't make this mistake again.

Attachments

• 15851435932987683198509026866477.jpg
    15851435932987683198509026866477.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
Good morning @Oriorio! You can aerate that soil with a knitting needle or screwdriver or something. If that's a air pot you can also just scrunch down on the sides to loosen the root mass up. Are you feeding it anything besides what's in the original soil? WHat is the original soil? Are you talking about just up-potting or trying to remove the old soil? I'd say either way, you're going to slow down the process. My suggestion (I am a neophyte so take it with a grain of salt) is to loosen the soil manually, try and determine what your deficiencies are and address them with additional additives. CHeers and good luck! :yahoo:

Good morning @Oriorio! You can aerate that soil with a knitting needle or screwdriver or something. If that's a air pot you can also just scrunch down on the sides to loosen the root mass up. Are you feeding it anything besides what's in the original soil? WHat is the original soil? Are you talking about just up-potting or trying to remove the old soil? I'd say either way, you're going to slow down the process. My suggestion (I am a neophyte so take it with a grain of salt) is to loosen the soil manually, try and determine what your deficiencies are and address them with additional additives. CHeers and good luck! :yahoo:
Heya. Thanks for the quick reply. I have been feeding it bud juice and cal mag. The soil was alltreat potting soil with perlite. I think the perlite was much too low. I began having drainage problems about 2 weeks ago. I will try the aeration as you suggest. It only has about 4 weeks left.

Attachments

• 15851462033971568321964485468781.jpg
    15851462033971568321964485468781.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 110
Looks like that system is a three parter?

Grow Box Combo - Micro(1L) + Nitro + Grow + Bloom Organic Fertilizer

You might be giving her too much N towards the end. I have that from time to time I cut back on the big N deliverer in my system (FFT) and changed to 1-0-0 cal/mag instead of 2-0-0 because I feed alot of cal/mag all the way through.

And just another heads up... word has it that you should never transplant autos. Plant them in your final pot in the beginning. I would squeeze the edges of the bag, before I went driving things into the roots this far into flower too.

Busting a few roots to aerate is like busting a stem kill one two pop up. We need air in there more than some boo boos to small roots. As you are pushing, do it gently and don't push through too much resistance, relocate if you hit something big.

And just another heads up... word has it that you should never transplant autos. Plant them in your final pot in the beginning. I would squeeze the edges of the bag, before I went driving things into the roots this far into flower too.
Yeah. That's why their in 5 gallons. I started em from seedling In those pots. I've since switched to promix ho so shouldn't EVER be a problem again. I appreciate the tip tho. Thanks muchly

That will do it. I looked up that lamp - is there a setting to turn on JUST the COBs?? IF so I'd just run the whole lamp full on.

There are no cobs I'm aware of that are 150W per cob. Just saying....

So the rating of 600w at the wall would be the whole lamp on full. Turn it up.

Seems like it needs more lumens which will increase growth. Then it'll demand more nutes and blow up. Blurples for flower is rough unless you have a lot of wattage. Check out fox farms for a good soil line.
You actually want both red and blue spectrum, (hence the blurple) in flower....
My Bloom specific lights are red/blue. I use white/blue for veg.

It a bit more complex, but you want to
look at spectrum and PPFD in regards to lights.
600umol Veg - 600-900umol Bloom. Some go higher, you’d need to inject C02, then raise your temps... etc. There is a whole lot more to it, so I’d suggest a bit of research.

Just clearing that one up for you.

You actually want both red and blue spectrum, (hence the blurple) in flower....
My Bloom specific lights are red/blue. I use white/blue for veg.

It a bit more complex, but you want to
look at spectrum and PPFD in regards to lights.
600umol Veg - 600-900umol Bloom. Some go higher, you’d need to inject C02, then raise your temps... etc. There is a whole lot more to it, so I’d suggest a bit of research.

Just clearing that one up for you.
I beg to differ my yields speak for itself...

All those numbers you posted aren't foreign to me my research and knowledge are up to snuff bud.

I beg to differ my yields speak for itself...

All those numbers you posted aren't foreign to me my research and knowledge are up to snuff bud.
I know... I’ve seen yer yields bud.
Like a said... research. (More)
Red wavelengths will promote more stretching, blue light will do the opposite. Red is more useful in bloom, blue is more useful in early veg growth.

I learn new things every day, but your theory on colors is incorrect is all I’m saying.

Stay humble my friend. It doesn’t hurt to learn a new thing or two every now and then.

I use more blue 4K in VEG and use 3K plus 1750K (far red) in flower.

RED light and far red light mimic what plants see in the shade or sun set and sun rise.

It causes PGR's (hormones) to push the plant towards the light because the far red light the plant thinks its in the shade and needs to grow taller and or wider to get more light. All we cannabis growers need to do is ADD the far red and your plants get big AF and yields go up. This also has a play on the terpines as well.

Back
Top Bottom