Need Advice: What's The Best Way To Tranplant Havested, Indoor Girls, Outdoors?

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Here's the situation. Got four 4' girls almost ready to harvest indoors. The plan is to put them outdoors and let them grow into giants (hopefully). I am not sure how to go about doing so. Is there a particular way I should harvest? Not sure how to reveg or if it will do it on its own outdoors. It's getting too warm for indoors for the season. Don't wanna jack up the electric bill (been there). Any advice from experienced outdoor growers is welcome.

It need to be 12 12 where you are outside to induce flowering...ad let me get this straight. Your going to take all the bud ooff the stems
And plant a couple stems in a pot outside....what??

Yeah, he wants to harvest the bud that's ready now, transplant outdoors and reveg the plant until harvest season...

BWC, I've only seen this done once at a farm I worked at last year. You want to harvest the majority of the tops that're finishing now, but leave the main stalks where possible and maybe 25% of the lower buds/vegetation. After a while new sprouts will pop out and she'll bush out into a monster, especially if they're already 4' indoors.

Yeah, he wants to harvest the bud that's ready now, transplant outdoors and reveg the plant until harvest season...

BWC, I've only seen this done once at a farm I worked at last year. You want to harvest the majority of the tops that're finishing now, but leave the main stalks where possible and maybe 25% of the lower buds/vegetation. After a while new sprouts will pop out and she'll bush out into a monster, especially if they're already 4' indoors.
Thanks bro. Gotta leave a lil bud on there huh? Think i should reveg a lil indoors or take outside a few days after harvest?

I'd think hitting it with 24/0 for a week or two would be a good start, maybe step it back to 18/6 and then transplant. It's all experimental I guess but as long as there's enough living plant left (and it really doesn't take much) she'll heal and grow again.

Just a matter of time...

I hear ya Cali, my main concern are temps. It's getrtng hot and i dont wanna grow in the heat. I need a break from indoor anyways. I should be set with enough smoke to last until my out door is ready. I set a few clones out already. they didn't even really grow big. They just started flowering. i had 2 seedlings and had to pull one. It turned out to be a male. Tryna get at least one or 2 big trees. In tryna pull a pound or two outdoors.

Huh... kinda early for flowering outdoors unless they're auto, the days are still getting longer. But then some plants will just do whatever it is they want to do.

Definitely journal the reveg experiment if you decide to give it a go, would be nice to have some solid documentation/photos on the subject.

Yeah, another thing is the weather patterns. Seems like every year the seasons are merging together and getting more out of whack. We'll see a few weeks of perfect sunshine, then it's cold and rainy for a week. Plants that've been bred and grown outdoors are probably used to a little flux, but indoor plants kept in near-perfect conditions then moved outdoors don't know what's going on and jump the gun I think.

These are the girls I'm attempting to rejuvenate.
IMAG07191.jpg

Back
Top Bottom