Need advice wiring a 225 LED grow light for 110

DixieDank

I was wondering if putting a lamp outlet to my 225 LED would be ok or do i need to use some kind of DC converter like the ones used on indoor phone chargers, Video game consoles, etc. This light came with no plugin just 2 wires both brown which confuses me a bit so i don't want to burn it out and can not find anything on this subject. The light came with no directions but i am going to use it with 4 48 inch Agro Brite 40 watt full spectrum fluorescent grow tubes for starting seedlings for out and maybe a few flowers to keep me sane while holding my nuts. i would greatly appreciate any feedback on this subject.

Still smoking :bong:

I was wondering if putting a lamp outlet to my 225 LED would be ok or do i need to use some kind of DC converter like the ones used on indoor phone chargers, Video game consoles, etc. This light came with no plugin just 2 wires both brown which confuses me a bit so i don't want to burn it out and can not find anything on this subject. The light came with no directions but i am going to use it with 4 48 inch Agro Brite 40 watt full spectrum fluorescent grow tubes for starting seedlings for out and maybe a few flowers to keep me sane while holding my nuts. i would greatly appreciate any feedback on this subject.

Still smoking :bong:

Dixie,
Can you post a picture? If the brown wires are going to the internal power supply of the LED you may be able to wire it to a standard cord. If the light does not have an internal power supply/converter you will need to get a converter. If there are two brown wires I am making the guess that it's designed to be attached to standard 110v AC. LEDs are DC devices and you would have a black and red wire for positive and negative if it was directly wired to the board.

Please post a pic of the brown wires, any label that the lights has listing power/voltage/watts and if possible a pic of the inside with the case off, to see the board and any power supply.

Before you start messing around with electrons you should have a good understanding of how everything works. If you mess up, the best case scenario is that you just burn out the board, worst case is you burn down your house or electrocute yourself.

I found it on another site, it can be wired 110 or 220. Specifications:
Body material: Thermoplastic
Circuitry board material: Diecast Chrome
60 Blue light LEDs: 465nm (nanometer) wave length
165 Red light LEDs: 650nm (nanometer) wave length
165 + 60 = Total 225 LEDs

Color: Red + Blue = Purple looking to the eyes
Working Voltage: 110V Or 220V
Power: 13.8 Watts
Dimensions: 12 ¼ inches (30.5cm) square

Thickness: Low profile 1.25"

Power cord length: 48 inches

Thanks i couldn't find the specs but i ran up on it. appreciate the help.:)

I found it on another site, it can be wired 110 or 220. Specifications:
Body material: Thermoplastic
Circuitry board material: Diecast Chrome
60 Blue light LEDs: 465nm (nanometer) wave length
165 Red light LEDs: 650nm (nanometer) wave length

Color: Red + Blue = Purple looking to the eyes
Working Voltage: 110V Or 220V
Dimensions: 12 ¼ inches (30.5cm) square

Thickness: Low profile 1.25"

Power cord length: 48 inches

you probly spent a good amount of cash on this. Iwould look up the manufactures site before you hurt yourself or your light! :goodluck:

you probly spent a good amount of cash on this. Iwould look up the manufactures site before you hurt yourself or your light! :goodluck:

im a carpenter so take this with a grain of salt but most times to wires of same color are put on the hot side and one white on neutral side this makes 220 volts, one black on hot and one white on neutral makes 120. that being said; electricity is not for someone to fuck with if you dont know what your doing! please be carefull! if this is a big deal ask a electicion.:goodluck:

You got robbed. That's not a grow light, it's a joke and a scam. These diodes are FAR too weak to even register in your plants. Throw that shit out - or even better, return to sender and try to get your money back.

Really, really, really - these useless things are all over the web and someone is ripping off people by the thousands.

Real LED lights start at 90 x 1W diodes - and that's really the bottom end. Your diodes have around 0,06W each - see the difference and why this light will never work as advertised?

Back
Top Bottom