Need advice

krz2cook

Ok..i have been a soil guy for a yr or two. i have just bought a waterfarms complete system and looking to get into the hydro media.. starting with auto flower low rydre seeds as first fo at it....any suggestions???? :tokin:

Re: need advice....

IMO- With all do respect i would skip out on the cannabis ruderalis, if at all possible(Known for headaches and lower thc content. If its the height you are worried about I would simply lst. Are you planning on a grow journal i would love to hear your opinoins on hydro? As i am a soil man myself... But ph ph ph is what i hear... P.S. love your profile picture... ha ha

Make sure you get a good ph and Tds meter. It would be hard to grow hydro without them. I hear auto's have low yeild, don't know if that matters to or not. If you use auto's keep your light cycle around 18/6 - 20/4 for best results

Thanx...
Huey: I will keep that in mind about the ruderails. I am looking for high thc levels and short grow periods...I'll keep searching for the right ones. I do plan on doing a journal on this grow..it'll be a few weeks before I'll start it though..

"all hail the chief"...lol

New2growing: I got your standard liquid ph tester and some ph up/dn..Is there a certain type of tester you recommend? I was planning on starting them on 18/6 then moving to 20/4, i hear thats the best way.... From what I have read, the auto can yield up to an ounce and a half per plant. I don't know if thats true, but I will find out..LOL

Thanks for the advice!!! all advice is always welcome.

:thumb:

I've yielded some potent smoke from auto's before. My very first grow I got about 3 zips from 2 auto's.

I agree with New2G. You need a good pH tester and a TDS tester. I would recommend the digital pen-type testers. The liquid drops are very inaccurate and they don't work very well after you mix your nutes in.

I don't have any recommendation on meters just that the drop kit us really useless. Your nuits change the color of the water. Without clear water the ph drops will give you a bias reading.

Hemp's got it right. Go with the Pen style testers. There cheaper then there big brothers but can get the job done. Good for a first time grower.

Back
Top Bottom