Need Alot of Help

MetroCheifa

Im looking to build a growbox to be kept in my room, this is my first grow and Im not sure how to go about it all. My first thoughts would be maybe something like

Choose Your Country | Lowe's Home Improvement

or maybe

Choose Your Country | Lowe's Home Improvement

with the shelves removed. Since this is my first grow I want to have a couple of successful plants before I really spend some money on seeds so for now Im just using seeds I pick out of sacks of reggie and mid. So far all I have is 1x 120w Philips Agro-Lite "For the Acceleration of indoor plant growth" not sure if it was what I really needed but I got it for a good price. Looking to grow at least 6 plants so if someone could tell me what would be a nice size for my growbox id appreciate it. I already have an idea but if someone could list out everything I would need to create a good growbox id appreciate it very much. Im gonna get a grow journal started once I finally get it together, but for now Im just getting supplies.

I'm sort of a newb at growing... but I the storage chest might only work for you in the begining of the growth cycle. It would have to be a huge (like walk-in size) storage chest to grow all the way to product,because if I'm not mistaken, you should allow atleast a 12x12 area per plant. Plus the 5gallon buckets you end up transplanting to would space them out about that far anyway.:bong: And in addition to your current light, i'd get some natural light CFL's (As high wattage as you can find, in stores the best I can find is 150w) Or you can get more of the light that you currently have, but CFLs might be more cost effective

There are tons of great grow closets/cabinets available commercially, but you can build one for much less. You'll need the cabinet, lights - CFL or HID(preferred), growing medium - soil, soilless, or hydroponic, ventilation, and odor control. Everybody's different and so are all the grow spaces. You'd be well served to read as much as you can on these forums, and buy a good grow "How To" book.

Let us know how things are proceeding.

Peace,
Akorn

the cabinet looks good... but you might wana find one that's a bit taller than that, considering room for the lights and room for the pots or reservoir and whatnot.. good luck on your search :cheesygrinsmiley:

That one cab with the doors, was only 11 inches deep. Your best bet I think is to follow Akorn's advice, and build one. Mine is made out of ply wood. My Original setup cost me about $100 - $130, wood, screws, lights, rubber weather striping, Lock, buckets, soil. . . I built up from there. Just do a little reading, get an idea of what you want. . i.e How many plants, how tall, soil, hydro, kind of lights, this will dictate what kind of setup you need. Good luck man!:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom